Business ethics against human trafficking, the sex slave trade.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I stood before a class of business students in 2005 and asked a question off topic. "what do we think of the sex slave trade?" To my surprise everyone, young men and women, Asian, Italian, Eastern European descent students all thought it was just another form of business, including the teacher. No worries. I had to let the class go on to topic.

Here is why I dislike the sex slave trade in business terms:
About two kilometres from the class 5 years before, a gang who hated Australians had taken a girl of about 18 that they kidnapped from a party and injected her with heroin until should could not move. Fourteen gang members in a park at night took turns raping her. They left her there to be found by police the next day.

If this were done as a business, people paying for the opportunity, in a secret building, it would be just like the sex slave trade.

The famous artist Rolf Harris enjoyed popularity, fame and fortune, and times with the Queen of England until it was proven that he had abused children. Overnight he became contemptible. Hated, his arts turned to rubbish. Common people have conscience and a sense of decency. It effects what they buy and favour. If we do business with human traffickers, it can mean the end of our business, market share or our job.

Even in Bristol England, after a long time, the statue of a famous slave trader who amounted great fortune, was torn down and thrown into the sea. This happened last June I think.

In times past the slave system worked. People lacking conscience or from other cultures like India's may be tolerant or admiring of it. They can see bleak pictures of workers, but the driver, his or her family is okay, well dressed, and they eat, and are educated...

Sex trafficking took off after the fall of the communist regimes in Eastern Europe. People who relied on the government were suddenly on their own, barefoot and drinking for relief... Their talented daughters took risk for local and foreign money employment. To be nurses, or dancers. Leaving through Italy or Turkey... Then disaster:

The beautiful girls passports were stolen, they were in private prisons, not allowed to go to the toilet for example. They were punched, intimidated, raped and drugged into submission. Then they had to work serving thirty men a day for no pay. They could not leave or call home. Pregnancy could for be example, terminated cheaply by a vet. If they rebelled or became useless they could be shot and the bodies disposed of illegally.

So multiple laws broken:

Fraud.
Passport theft.
Illegal private imprisonment.
Bashing.
Rape.
Illegal drug use.
Illegal possession of weapons.
Sexual abuse.
Statutory rape.
Murder.
Illegal disposal of human remains.
Tax evasion.
12 Crimes, not legal business. Very painful.

This form of business was remarkably successful. A gun or pill could be sold once. But a young woman thirty times a day, every day. If the police sent them home, more could be defrauded, a fresh supply of lives to destroy. Some girls were good natured, some naughty, but regardless they have human rights.

If someone thinks touching upon traffickers' business is okay, they may need to be pressed to sit for an empathy test.

In business there is the concept of marketing. Though it is not always related to the market so much. I could call it consumerism. What does the consumer want? In the product or service, it's source and design. It's packaging, place of purchase, advertising, shop and phone manners of sales staff, and it's price... Because humans have empathy, conscience, decency... we like Rolf Harris will be out of a job if we touch sex trafficking.

By Dr referral we can have people we know sit for an empathy test.

This remarkable form of business is increasing not decreasing despite efforts in the EU... and the business model in now in a text book. It is working well in the USA, Mexico and the Philippines... It is real danger to us and our children after us.

Trafficking in Children in the US now carries an automatic life sentence for those found guilty in court.

God bless your business, family and marketing.

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I stood before a class of business students in 2005 and asked a question off topic. "what do we think of the sex slave trade?" To my surprise everyone, young men and women, Asian, Italian, Eastern European descent students all thought it was just another form of business, including the teacher. No worries. I had to let the class go on to topic.

About two kilometres from the class 5 years before, a gang who hated Australians had taken a girl of about 18 that they kidnapped from a party and injected her with heroin until should could not move. Fourteen gang members in a park at night took turns raping her. They left her there to be found by police the next day.

If this were done as a business, people paying for the opportunity, in a secret building, it would be just like the sex slave trade.

The famous artist Rolf Harris enjoyed popularity, fame and fortune, and times with the Queen of England until it was proven that he had abused children. Overnight he became contemptible. Hated, his arts turned to rubbish. Common people have conscience and a sense of decency. It effects what they buy and favour. If we do business with human traffickers, it can mean the end of our business, market share or our job.

Even in Bristol England, after a long time, the statue of a famous slave trader who amounted great fortune, was torn down and thrown into the sea. This happened last June I think.

In times past the slave system worked. People lacking conscience or from other cultures like India's may be tolerant or admiring of it. They can see bleak pictures of workers, but the driver, his or her family is okay, well dressed, and they eat, and are educated...

Sex trafficking took off after the fall of the communist regimes in Eastern Europe. People who relied on the government were suddenly on their own, barefoot and drinking for relief... Their talented daughters took risk for local and foreign money employment. To be nurses, or dancers. Leaving through Italy or Turkey... Then disaster:

The beautiful girls passports were stolen, they were in private prisons, not allowed to go to the toilet for example. They were punched, intimidated, raped and drugged into submission. Then they had to work serving thirty men a day for no pay. They could not leave or call home. Pregnancy could for be example, terminated cheaply by a vet. If they rebelled or became useless they could be shot and the bodies disposed of illegally.

So multiple laws broken:

Fraud.
Passport theft.
Bashing.
Rape.
Illegal drug use.
Sexual abuse.
Statutory rape.
Murder.
Tax evasion.

This form of business was remarkably successful. A gun or pill could be sold once. But a young woman thirty times a day, every day. If the police sent them home, more could be defrauded, a fresh supply of lives to destroy. Some girls were good natured, some naughty, but regardless they have human rights.

If someone thinks touching upon traffickers' business is okay, they may need to be pressed to sit for an empathy test.

In business there is the concept of marketing. Though it is not always related to the market so much. I could call it consumerism. What does the consumer want? In the product or service, it's source and design. It's packaging, place of purchase, advertising, shop and phone manners of sales staff, and it's price... Because humans have empathy, conscience, decency... we like Rolf Harris will be out of a job if we touch sex trafficking.

This remarkable form of business is increasing not decreasing despite efforts in the EU... and the business model in now in a text book. It is working well in the USA, Mexico and the Philippines... It is real danger to us and our children after us.

Trafficking in Children in the US now carries an automatic life sentence for those found guilty in court.

You should follow the journalism of Gabriel J.X. Dance--he writes about this topic. He is also on Sam Harris' most recent podcast episode; it is crazy informative.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You should follow the journalism of Gabriel J.X. Dance--he writes about this topic. He is also on Sam Harris' most recent podcast episode; it is crazy informative.
Gabriel seems to focus on the tech side. And in the USA.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Gabriel seems to focus on the tech side. And in the USA.
That's right, most of the crimes involving minors have an online tech component. He documents the rise of child sexual abuse with the development of the smartphone and encryption.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So multiple laws broken:

Fraud.
Passport theft.
Bashing.
Rape.
Illegal drug use.
Sexual abuse.
Statutory rape.
Murder.
Tax evasion.

I wouldn't call it business at all of any shape, form or function.

Instead, I'd just call it for what it is: Organized Criminality. It's a 'no-brainer' really. o_O

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married

So multiple laws broken:

Fraud.
Passport theft.
Bashing.
Rape.
Illegal drug use.
Sexual abuse.
Statutory rape.
Murder.
Tax evasion.

There is a big difference between calling it a business because it involves trade, cooperation, and currency-- and calling it a legitimate business. It is a business, but not an ethical or legal one. Technically, it is a business--of course. Selling illegal street drugs is a business; it doesn't follow that it is legitimate.

Upvote 0