Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
It is great to finally have a Christian man in that office after the horrible years of clinton.

Under president Clinton:

Unemployment hit thirty year low.
Eight years of low to non-existent inflation
Tax cuts for low income families and small business
$600 billion cut out of the federal deficit
Paid off national debt
United States Government actually operated in the black instead of using deficit spending
Longest Economic Expansion in U.S. History
21.2 million new jobs have been created between 1993 and 2000
lowest poverty rate since 1979

Brady Bill passed – 500,000 violent criminals denied access to handguns
Banned manufacture of 19 kinds of assault weapons
Implemented three strikes law for federal offences
Clinton ordered the U.S. Justice Department to conduct the first-ever crackdown on deadbeat parents who refuse to accept financial responsibility for their own children
Lowest overall crime rate since 1968
COPS Program put 100,000 hired 100,000 police officers
Hate Crimes Sentencing Enhancement Act
Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act

The welfare rolls have fallen by more than half, from 14.1 million to 6.9 million from 1993 to 2000.
The teen birth rate fall seven years in a row
Implemented family medical leave act
The Work Incentives Improvement Act keeps people with disabilities from losing their Medicare or Medicaid health coverage when they go to work.
The Adoption and Safe Families Act

How did this country survive those horrible horrible times?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I saw a quote the other day. It may get me warned but here goes. "If you're in favor of abortion, maybe it is the right choice.....for you. We don't need more of your kind around."

On Bush's approval rating. I look at it as STILL being 60% even after all the potshots the libs have taken at him. If that's the best they've got, Bush will win in a landslide in '04. M

Upvote 0

datan

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
✟6,836.00
Faith
Protestant
I saw a quote the other day. It may get me warned but here goes. "If you're in favor of abortion, maybe it is the right choice.....for you. We don't need more of your kind around."

I agree. Society should make people pay the consequences of their mistakes, not give them an easy way out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
*Mod Hat on* Lets tone down a little folks. I really don't want to close a perfectly good thread because of implied flaming. *Mod Hat Off*

If as a pro-life person you believe abortion is murder, which is why most of us are pro-life, then seeing someone who supports abortion equates to justifying murder. That doesn't make you a bad person though. This is a very divisive issue in America and this is essentially why. The pro-life camp really cannot budge on this.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ocean said:
Abortion is not immoral. Removing a cluster of cells from the uterus is not murder. Without abortion, thousands of lives would be ruined, and child abuse and abandonment would skyrocket.

You have made alot of statements without any evidence to prove them. I saw that cluster of cells each time I was pregnant moving at a very early stage of development inside the womb. Each of my babies were babies before they were born, and now they are kids. What makes killing a 6 week old infant any more murder than killing it inside? The answer is nothing but the law as instituted by the Supreme Court, not the legislature by the way.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I heard that President Lincoln had a horrible rating when civil war came around.
You might think, well thats because of the south. But this wasn't the case, it was the north that gave him the rating.
They didn't want to goto war. Things were going good for them, the south left, they didn't care.

I heard this from my pastor.

Upvote 0