Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Milla said:
What I am trying to point out, I think, in a roundabout way, is that there would probably be many, many fewer illegal immigrants if the legal immigration process made more sense and was more reasonable. It seems a more lasting (and less physically risky) solution than deploying a citizen militia to the border, yes?

As a long-term goal, I would agree. There are many Mexicans (as well as people from other countries) who have waited years for their visas so they can come to this country legally, so we certainly do need some immigration reforms in the U.S. However, I don't think streamlining the paperwork process is an immediate solution to prevent people from crossing our borders unlawfully.

In the aftermath of 9/11, most people would agree the primary problem right now is the poracity of our borders, given that on average, 1.25+ million illegals come into our country annually. All Americans should be concerned about this. I would certainly go for the idea of a 25 foot wall or electric fence along the entire stretch of border from the Pacific to the Gulf, but, of course, that would take a long time to build. Right now, we need more federal border agents and military personnel to staunch the flow.

Of course, the campesinos who come here looking for work aren't the ones we're most worried about; a reasonable guestworker program would provide the best solution, not amnesty. Terrorist types, drug smugglers, and human traffickers are the ones posing the gravest problem. Their violence has spread as far north as the Phoenix metropolitan area and its surroundings, some 200 miles north of the Mexican border. They have drophouses everywhere, even in the ritziest parts of town.

Coyotes have been known to receive as much as $1,600 a head simply because people are willing to pay to it. They also provide little "perks" such as fraudulent Social Security numbers, drivers licenses, and detailed instructions on how to receive social services, and of course, rapid passage across the border.

In recent months, there there have been several gun battles on Interstate 10 in Phoenix. Coyotes often get into turf wars with one another and in the process, innocent people often get killed in the crossfire. At one time, these activities used to only happen down at the border, but now, gangsters have become much more brazen than they used to be. Bodies of Mexican nationals who were executed in drug deals gone bad, are frequently found buried in shallow graves in the outlying desert areas surrounding Phoenix. This has become all too commonplace.

Illegal immigration is a multi-faceted problem that needs to be tackled from several angles simultaneously.

Upvote 0

Zippythepinhead

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Utah
✟6,492.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paula said:
As a long-term goal, I would agree. There are many Mexicans (as well as people from other countries) who have waited years for their visas so they can come to this country legally, so we certainly do need some immigration reforms in the U.S. However, I don't think streamlining the paperwork process is an immediate solution to prevent people from crossing our borders unlawfully.

In the aftermath of 9/11, most people would agree the primary problem right now is the poracity of our borders, given that on average, 1.25+ million illegals come into our country annually. All Americans should be concerned about this. I would certainly go for the idea of a 25 foot wall or electric fence along the entire stretch of border from the Pacific to the Gulf, but, of course, that would take a long time to build. Right now, we need more federal border agents and military personnel to staunch the flow.

Of course, the campesinos who come here looking for work aren't the ones we're most worried about; a reasonable guestworker program would provide the best solution, not amnesty. Terrorist types, drug smugglers, and human traffickers are the ones posing the gravest problem. Their violence has spread as far north as the Phoenix metropolitan area and its surroundings, some 200 miles north of the Mexican border. They have drophouses everywhere, even in the ritziest parts of town.

Coyotes have been known to receive as much as $1,600 a head simply because people are willing to pay to it. They also provide little "perks" such as fraudulent Social Security numbers, drivers licenses, and detailed instructions on how to receive social services, and of course, rapid passage across the border.

In recent months, there there have been several gun battles on Interstate 10 in Phoenix. Coyotes often get into turf wars with one another and in the process, innocent people often get killed in the crossfire. At one time, these activities used to only happen down at the border, but now, gangsters have become much more brazen than they used to be. Bodies of Mexican nationals who were executed in drug deals gone bad, are frequently found buried in shallow graves in the outlying desert areas surrounding Phoenix. This has become all too commonplace.

Illegal immigration is a multi-faceted problem that needs to be tackled from several angles simultaneously.
No argument here!

Upvote 0