Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:preach: :amen:
mickd7 said:
Bush is the one that needs to be dressed down. He is poor when it comes to protecting our borders. I thank the minutemen for keeping those illegals out of this country. We need to send all illegals back to Mexico and have them apply for entrance like everyone else. We also need to put the Army on the border and build walls to keep them out:kiss:

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bush is the one that needs to be dressed down. He is poor when it comes to protecting our borders. I thank the minutemen for keeping those illegals out of this country. We need to send all illegals back to Mexico and have them apply for entrance like everyone else. We also need to put the Army on the border and build walls to keep them out:kiss:

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MediocrityInAction

Anti-Humanist
Dec 16, 2003
✟1,137.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Bush is the one that needs to be dressed down. He is poor when it comes to protecting our borders. I thank the minutemen for keeping those illegals out of this country. We need to send all illegals back to Mexico and have them apply for entrance like everyone else. We also need to put the Army on the border and build walls to keep them out
I was about to post >>Insert obligatory high-handed pulpit sermon regarding the woes of Americans and their guns<< when I suddenly realised 'Wait, this seems to be a good idea. Maybe a bit rash, but the actual fact that people are forced to take action privately against this problem might cause a trickledown of interest from up above'. Much that some members of the (I almost hate myself for saying this) members of the 'liberal left-fringe' are enamoured with screaming 'racism' whenever any attempt to regulate immigration is suggested, no country can survive unscathed if its borders are porous to the point where control, restriction and regulation becomes impossible.

Upvote 0

NewYorkGal

Feb 23, 2005
✟7,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Paula said:
We turn to the Governor, and she points her finger at the Feds. Same for Sen. McCain, who is almost totally useless anyway. So all that leaves is Sen. Kyl, who finally did prove he does really have huevos after all.

Doesn't 'huevos' mean 'eggs' in Spanish?

Upvote 0

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
As a man once sang....

Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys .....
Don't let 'em pick guitars and drive them old trucks
Let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such...

Okay, I just woke up. You gotta love Willie....plus, we needed a little humor.
Believe me, I substituted the word cowboys for vigilantes in that song and made up the rest, but I was most sure I would get reported.

While I agree we should be thinking Seinfeld when things start getting tense around here, I wouldn't make too light of the gravity and tension of the border situation, to the extent of relegating people who are risking their lives for the benefit of their fellow countrymen to the ignoble status of "vigilantes." This is an insult to the goals they are trying to achieve. Many regard their efforts as comparable to those of the early American Colonists during the Boston Tea Party, a strong statement of dissent against the British crown for taxation without representation.

While I myself would much prefer the National Guard on our south border, these volunteers are doing what they have to do simply because there is no alternative, absent intervention of the federal government. So in that respect, I am most grateful.

Milla said:
Congratulations to you and your husband. But I am drawn to this point: $850 in fees? Is it just me, or is paying this simply not feasable for most of the Mexican people who would desire to cross the border?

While I don't personally know what the fees are to obtain legal passage from Mexico into U.S., this certainly does not justify or exonerate unlawful entry, nor the economic burdens created for the states. There are many Mexicans here legally who deeply resent these illegals for not respecting the law, and it creates other problems as well, such as in procuring employment. Also, bear in mind the federal government does not compensate states for this unnecessary and unreasonable expenditure; we have to wing it ourselves.

NewYorkGal said:
Doesn't 'huevos' mean 'eggs' in Spanish?

Literally, yes, but it's also Mexican slang for something else. ROFL

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Paula said:
While I don't personally know what the fees are to obtain legal passage from Mexico into U.S., this certainly does not justify or exonerate unlawful entry, nor the economic burdens created for the states. There are many Mexicans here legally who deeply resent these illegals for not respecting the law, and it creates other problems as well, such as in procuring employment. Also, bear in mind the federal government does not compensate states for this unnecessary and unreasonable expenditure; we have to wing it ourselves.

What I am trying to point out, I think, in a roundabout way, is that there would probably be many, many fewer illegal immigrants if the legal immigration process made more sense and was more reasonable. It seems a more lasting (and less physically risky) solution than deploying a citizen militia to the border, yes?

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paula said:
Literally, yes, but it's also Mexican slang for something else. ROFL

While I agree we should be thinking Seinfeld when things start getting tense around here, I wouldn't make too light of the gravity and tension of the border situation, to the extent of relegating people who are risking their lives for the benefit of their fellow countrymen to the ignoble status of "vigilantes."

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
What's wrong with rodeo performers or people that tend cattle or horses? Why should the government shut an organization that watches the border down merely because of the presence of people that tend horses or cows or perform in rodeos?
I meant cowboys as in people who liberally interpret the law. Shooting for no other reason than the fact that they have a gun. To keep the organizations from getting out of controll

Upvote 0

mickd7

Feb 9, 2005
Old Dominion
✟454.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MediocrityInAction said:
I was about to post >>Insert obligatory high-handed pulpit sermon regarding the woes of Americans and their guns<< when I suddenly realised 'Wait, this seems to be a good idea. Maybe a bit rash, but the actual fact that people are forced to take action privately against this problem might cause a trickledown of interest from up above'. Much that some members of the (I almost hate myself for saying this) members of the 'liberal left-fringe' are enamoured with screaming 'racism' whenever any attempt to regulate immigration is suggested, no country can survive unscathed if its borders are porous to the point where control, restriction and regulation becomes impossible.

I wouldnt expect anything from on high if you mean the government because Bush is so enamored with Hispanics because his large jowled brother in Florida is married to one (nothing wrong with Hispanics) and he wants to keep them all happy for votes. :sigh:

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think we have enough people and enough problems of our own. Time to close he doors and work with our own country. I some health issues and can't work. We just get by with my wife working.I would love to get free or inexpensive heath care . I dont want to get into the system. Kim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Amongst the Flock

I think the government should just build a giant concrete wall between the Us and Mexico. We are willing to spend billions or war planes and the space program. So why not just spend another billion and we can have our own great wall of China. Then the border patrol can patrol from atop and then 10 miles inland have another wall so if the Mexicans build a tunnel they will be stuck in between.

I understand that they have nothing in Mexico and it is a shame but they should have to immigrate legally. How much money do we spend on those who come over have a baby, are declared citizens and then they bring their whole family over and collect welfare for ever.

I know some need welfare but it should be for American citizens who have been here for a certain amount of time and those who are making an effort to get a job. there are so many loop holes in the system and many Americans and Foreigners collect welfare for numerous years and then get jobs that pay under the table and live like kings.

I don't mean to complain and whine for they are God's children to but we have enough problems with the legal citizens. We don't have enough money and to solve everyones problems. It is a touchy issue but we have to draw a line somewhere.

Peace, love, and Joy to all. :)

Upvote 0

Zippythepinhead

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Utah
✟6,492.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Amongst the Flock said:
I think the government should just build a giant concrete wall between the Us and Mexico. We are willing to spend billions or war planes and the space program. So why not just spend another billion and we can have our own great wall of China. Then the border patrol can patrol from atop and then 10 miles inland have another wall so if the Mexicans build a tunnel they will be stuck in between.

I understand that they have nothing in Mexico and it is a shame but they should have to immigrate legally. How much money do we spend on those who come over have a baby, are declared citizens and then they bring their whole family over and collect welfare for ever.

I know some need welfare but it should be for American citizens who have been here for a certain amount of time and those who are making an effort to get a job. there are so many loop holes in the system and many Americans and Foreigners collect welfare for numerous years and then get jobs that pay under the table and live like kings.

I don't mean to complain and whine for they are God's children to but we have enough problems with the legal citizens. We don't have enough money and to solve everyones problems. It is a touchy issue but we have to draw a line somewhere.

With the crime, drugs, gangs, and other questionable activity, I agree. The costs of illegal immigration outweigh the benefits. In fact Mexico has stepped up it's patrol of the border to discourage drifters from crossing. See what happens when people act, the government follows. Although our own Border Patrol doesn't want to play with the "little kids" and that is sad.

Upvote 0

Zippythepinhead

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Utah
✟6,492.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HisKid1973 said:
I think we have enough people and enough problems of our own. Time to close he doors and work with our own country. I some health issues and can't work. We just get by with my wife working.I would love to get free or inexpensive heath care . I dont want to get into the system. Kim
It is time we demand Mexico take care of Mexicans. Bush should say that to Vicente "El hombre loco y gordo" Fox!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HisKid1973 said:

I'm not sure we do have enough people. Not enough workers to keep up the social security. I put ads in paper for workers and I can never get enough unless I dip into the hispanic population in our area. They work as hard or harder than anyone. Even people in my plant sometimes complain about the immigrants (which some are undoubtedly illegal) but when they say those jobs should be for Americans, the Americans don't show up to apply, or don't come to work regularly, or do a lousy job. And I will continue to hire them. Just need to work on my Spanish more...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
We wouldnt be where we are today as a country if we didnt have immigrant labor, even illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants do the work you dont want to do like scrubbing toilets so you actually owe them a nod of respect

That's not a cowboy. That's a thug.
I meant no offense

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Good point Antonius. My grandfather came from Austria in the early 1900,s .He moved to Pa. and plugged in by getting work right away and learned the language. He made hot dogs most of his life. He loved the Lord and his country.
I have actually have scrubbed toilets myself when I work as a janitor. I now live in Fl and see ALOT of immigrants some illegal coming up with all creative ways to get a drivers license...Why can't they come in the right way. learn the language and become a citizen rather than have a baby , get benifits and then send the $ out of the country.
Menno.. How ironic as I have ecouraged my children to get college educated so they didnt have to got thru all I did working at a factory. BTW where is your business and what does it do?.
Blessings Kim

Upvote 0

Antoninus Verus

Dec 28, 2004
Californication
✟2,022.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Why can't they come in the right way. learn the language and become a citizen rather than have a baby ,get benifits and then send the $ out of the country.
Because the US has immigration quotas and caps that prevent a massive flood of people from totally swamping the country. Immigrating to ANY country is difficult, but the US has especially tough immigration laws. The asylum laws are absolutely brutal.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HisKid1973 said:
Menno.. How ironic as I have ecouraged my children to get college educated so they didnt have to got thru all I did working at a factory. BTW where is your business and what does it do?.
Blessings Kim

We are sink builders in PA. About 100 of us supplying the mid-atlantic. I'm the Ops Mgr, and I was having a conversation with one of my lead people on the nature of business. In the USMC we were taught that everything we do is for the grunt. Whether you are artillery support, supply, admin, food service, everything is for the grunt. I was relating this to factory workers. "Office people" that work in comfortable surroundings (Customer Service, Human Resources, Purchasing, etc.) tend to look down upon the factory worker "grunt" as something lower than them. The idea is that they should have been better educated and gotten a better kind of job. What they forget is that the common factory worker is the one doing the work. Office is there for them, not the other way around. They are the ones producing to product for sale. Ultimately I can do without office support (when I began with the company it was the owner and son and I was the other full-time employee) and still have a company. I defend by factory workers-they are not sub-class citizens by any stretch. We work hard and do a great job while maintaining a safe and clean work environment and keep in step with rigid gov't rules. That somehow working in my safe, clean American factory isn't good enough for some Americans is fine with me, but I have to have people to make product to supply to you the customer. I love my Mexican workers-I don't allow any exploitation (and I can easily see how that can be done). They are paid very well for their work and I see to it there is no racial harassment. HAIL THE COMMON FACTORY WORKER!!

Reactions: Milla
Upvote 0

mickd7

Feb 9, 2005
Old Dominion
✟454.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amongst the Flock said:

I certainly agree with you. Everyone is welcome as long as they apply like everyone else and only by a quota. The American government treats Cuban and Mexican illegals extra special, but let a boatload of Haitians come near the shores of America and the Coast Guard grabs their boat and tows it back. That is what they should do and to all illegals send them packing:sigh: .

Upvote 0