Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm surprised noone has brought up the fact that Bush and his admin flat out lied on this one. Flat out lied.

Look, lying about important stuff is part of the job... as long as he's not lying about having sex or how many Donuts he had for breakfast the American public just doesn't care.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably, this country is about as numb as it can get. It would take thousands of American citizens in secret prisons to get most Americans to even blink an eye these days.

Expect other disturbing revelations to come out about the Bush administration. They have done the math, realize they will lose control of congress, and are trying to deflate all secrecy/unconstituional acts it has taken to lessen the possibility of impeachment. If they disclose them now, it will probably work.

Upvote 0
M

Makaro

I've stated we should close all prisons, get out of Iraq & Afghanistan & put Saddam Hussein back in power but no one seems to want to do that either. You guys need to get together on your rhetoric.

Reminds me of the Democratic Party over the last few days. They have offered no concrete plans on handling Iran, Iraq or terrorism. They only come out of hiding during campaign season saying they would have done things differently.

Ever hear of a straw man? That's when you represent your opponent in an exaggerated manner, so that you can strike that representation down easily. That's what you're doing.
The terrorists are getting the upper hand because Muslims are convinced that Bush is waging a vendetta against them in Iraq. We are an occupying force. Face it. People don't like to be occupied. Hence the car bombings. This is just a vicious cycle, and it's not doing anything. My solution? Get out of Iraq immediately. Talk to Iran regarding nukes, and if they don't comply, have Israel pull a fast one and bomb them for us. Regarding terrorism, I suppose just increase security and plant moles in the enemy's forces. Electronic surveillance can only go so far.

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems most of Bush's plans for national security have lost support. Basically five years after 9/11/01, we've come full circle. Since many people have a problem with Bush's plans for stopping terrorism, we're basically at the point where the 9/11 attacks were a one time event & we should just move on with no retaliation or plans to make the country safer. Stopping terrorism has taken a back seat to giving guilty people a free pass because a few innocent people might fall through the cracks.

Every war or military action is imperfect. That's the nature of military action. We've seem to forgotten all the innocent people killed in past wars because we met our objective. For some reason, this time it's different.

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Makaro: The people who call us occupiers in Iraq are people not from Iraq, like Iranians who cross the border & al Qaida in Iraq. The picture people like to paint that all Iraqis hate us is dead wrong. The civil war everyone says is occurring happened because al-Qaida in Iraq bombed a mosque. It's none of their business why we are in Iraq. Let's stop giving them so much credibility.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Makaro: The people who call us occupiers in Iraq are people not from Iraq, like Iranians who cross the border & al Qaida in Iraq. The picture people like to paint that all Iraqis hate us is dead wrong. The civil war everyone says is occurring happened because al-Qaida in Iraq bombed a mosque. It's none of their business why we are in Iraq. Let's stop giving them so much credibility.
I agree that you should keep that credability for yourself, every bit helps no matter how tiny.

Upvote 0