Bush acknowledges secret CIA prisons

steelerguy99

Defeator De Stupidus
Aug 15, 2006
✟7,970.00
Faith
Christian
]You are lying. You wouldn't hesitate to state a case if you had one, and you aren't the least bit concerned about embarrassing me. Don't pretend you care about that, because it's rediculous. You have no argument and that is all there is to it.

Nope, the argument is obvious. You just don't have a clue, which is pretty apparent Checkmate :wave:

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What are you talking about?
If these were citizens, then you would have a legitimate point
But these are enemy combatants that weren't caught on US soil and hence do not have the same protections

I never said they deserved the same rights as citizens, reread my post. I said that I want to know, and have a right to know, what our government is doing with people captured under whatever circumstances. There shouldn't ever be any secret prisons. America is better than this; or she used to be anyways.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
The logically challenged do not understand the limitations of the geneva convention

Case in Point:

Yes, with uniformed soldiers flying under a flag and having a centalized command. Rogue terrorist cells and terrorists do not qualify for protection under the convention

The Geneva Convention does not just protect uniformed soldiers. It contains different measures for univeromed soldiers while offering lesser protections to those without uniform. You pretend it's all or nothing. And you lecture others on what they do and do not understand. Speaking of logically challenged, the name of your fallacy here is False Alternatives.

Please look up the word in the dictionary before you use it
Thanks

On this much I would have to agree. Just because someone advocates the most egregious measures used by fascists does not mean that he is himself a fascist.

Upvote 0

steelerguy99

Defeator De Stupidus
Aug 15, 2006
✟7,970.00
Faith
Christian
I never said they deserved the same rights as citizens, reread my post. I said that I want to know, and have a right to know, what our government is doing with people captured under whatever circumstances. There shouldn't ever be any secret prisons. America is better than this; or she used to be anyways.

There are legitimate reasons for secret prisons when dealing with terrorist suspects.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
There are legitimate reasons for secret prisons when dealing with terrorist suspects.

Reasons which you are not prepared to scrutinize or articulate. Nothing but unadulterated and unconditional support for clear violations of human rights.

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

treblebass

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟13,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
not really. They had the ideas, just not the power.
I almost half expect to hear about some other polititian getting arrested for accepting bribes...I mean look at Dubya-he is the MODEL for what I am talking about. I believe this man is oblivious to the war in Iraq. In colonial times, Washington was a soldier. If presidents today took the helm of the military on the battlefield, Bush would have a comletely DIFFERENT opinion.

Upvote 0

treblebass

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟13,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I almost half expect to hear about some other polititian getting arrested for accepting bribes...I mean look at Dubya-he is the MODEL for what I am talking about. I believe this man is oblivious to the war in Iraq. In colonial times, Washington was a soldier. If presidents today took the helm of the military on the battlefield, Bush would have a comletely DIFFERENT opinion.
Seeing is believing...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Please enlighten us then as to the reasons. To me secret prisons sound something coming out of Saddam's old regime or Communist China; never would have guessed that America would have secret prisons.

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reasons which are pretty apparent to anyone with a smidgen of logic

As amusing as poisoning the well is, you do realize it's a logical fallacy right? Right along with ad hominems?

Only takes a smidgen of logic to know that. :holy:

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what to think of the secret prisons. If it helps capture high level terrorists then they may be necessary. No one has proof any wrongdoing was done.

No one will ever convince me captured terrorists are protected under the Geneva Convention. Countries signed the GC, not terrorists unless someone can prove otherwise.

Giving terrorists so much latitude is why most observers feel Hezbollah "won" the war last month. Israel had to stop bombing for the good of the terrorists & their shields aka Lebanese citizens.

Upvote 0