Burning the Koran bad?

Christian12

Apr 16, 2012
✟228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suspect Satan would be overjoyed at your adversarial mentality.

How do you think "a soul will be saved" by you burning a Quran. The printer might sell one more copy to make up for it. Not much else in the world will change for the better.

Glad you noticed who the adversary is .
Your question tells me you did not comprehend my earlier post , you should read them again more carefully , they answer you question perfectly .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Christian12 said:
Glad you noticed who the adversary is .
Your question tells me you did not comprehend my earlier post , you should read them again more carefully , they answer you question perfectly .

Hah.

Upvote 0

Christian12

Apr 16, 2012
✟228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking of this verse and came across it today as I was reading in acts, I was not looking for it , But i remembered this subject of burning the koran .

Read acts 19 v 19

Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and BURNED them BEFORE ALL MEN :

And what was the result of this ? read verse 20

acts 19 v20 So Mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Therefore Brethren do not be so timid to not renounce the evil books weather they be Korans or other .

You will be promoting the Word Of God and that is a great thing , we want all men to come to the knowledge of the truth .

You may not agree but not taking sides with God even it angers the enemy is
the right thing to do .

These verses do demonstrate that fact .

Let the chips fall where they may , but lets Honor God and His word , not the devils .:bow::amen:

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Christian12 said:
I was thinking of this verse and came across it today as I was reading in acts, I was not looking for it , But i remembered this subject of burning the koran .

Read acts 19 v 19

Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and BURNED them BEFORE ALL MEN :

And what was the result of this ? read verse 20

acts 19 v20 So Mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Therefore Brethren do not be so timid to not renounce the evil books weather they be Korans or other .

You will be promoting the Word Of God and that is a great thing , we want all men to come to the knowledge of the truth .

You may not agree but not taking sides with God even it angers the enemy is
the right thing to do .

These verses do demonstrate that fact .

Let the chips fall where they may , but lets Honor God and His word , not the devils .:bow::amen:

When the book you are burning cost you more than a year's wages and is a vital tool of your trade you might be able to compare it to Acts 19.

Until then you are using a biblical verse to justify yourself.

Upvote 0

Christian12

Apr 16, 2012
✟228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When the book you are burning cost you more than a year's wages and is a vital tool of your trade you might be able to compare it to Acts 19.

Sorry that you just do not get it ! Thats a false accusation on your part !

God loves you by the way ! God Bless you this day !

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry that you just do not get it ! Thats a false accusation on your part !

God loves you by the way ! God Bless you this day !

Actually, he's quite right, and you just falsely accused an innocent man.

What does the Bible say about that?!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Not sure why you are focused on filthy lucre. The people beaten up by devils just before the book burning looms more important.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Nothing in Acts makes me think that the action described there was about that. It's about them burning the incredibly valuable tools of a lucrative but immoral trade.
Says....who?? I suspect it was about more than a career change.

2. Since the invention of the printing press burning a book does not deprive someone else of it.

So? It makes one less copy! And provides warmth and a good excuse for a get together!

3. Since the Quran is in 7th century Arabic, reading one requires a large investment of effort. Someone with that commitment will be able to source one to read.
Hey, who suggested reading the books that were burned?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
dad said:
Not sure why you are focused on filthy lucre.
Because that's what Luke draws our attention to.

He didn't need to tell his audience that these books were valuable - in that world all books were valuable. So the fact that he does, and it's such an enormous value, is vital to understanding the passage.

I'm not sure why you are so insistent in dismissing what scripture deems significant. Well, actually I do have a pretty good idea.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because that's what Luke draws our attention to.
Yours, maybe. I happen to be impressed with the frightening realities of real demons beating up real people in the chapter. You do believe in real demons don't you?
He didn't need to tell his audience that these books were valuable - in that world all books were valuable. So the fact that he does, and it's such an enormous value, is vital to understanding the passage.

Hey, how many books were burned!!? If there were a LOT of books, then the price per book would not be so great. Did Luke say they were all collectors editions and rare? Hey maybe it was a lot of books that added up to a big price?
I'm not sure why you are so insistent in dismissing what scripture deems significant. Well, actually I do have a pretty good idea.
We shall see! Bring it.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Yours, maybe.
It's intended to draw everyone's attention.

Hey, how many books were burned!!? If there were a LOT of books, then the price per book would not be so great. Did Luke say they were all collectors editions and rare? Hey maybe it was a lot of books that added up to a big price?
In a world where every book has to be hand copied all books are expensive and rare. The sum is something like 165 years wages. In a world where twenty books is seriously large collection. If we are absurdly generous and say 165 books were burned, we would be talking about the equivalent of, say, $50,000 per book.

But everyone in Luke's audience knew that books were massively expensive things. The only reason for him stating the value is to emphasise that. Now if you want to disregard that its up to you, but that wouldn't be taking scripture seriously. Taking scripture seriously means putting yourself into the world of Luke's audience; a world where books are highly valuable, sorcery is a profession, and sorcery texts are tools of a trade.

We shall see! Bring it.
If I'm right I can't see you acknowledging that. Let the reader make up his own mind.

Reactions: Keachian
Upvote 0

plumbernater

Apr 18, 2012
✟7,654.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin. Pluck it out and cast it away. He also said the same thing for your hand. I know if Jesus said this twice He ment what he said. Take it how you want. But I know the word means what it means, and you are for God or against. There is no straddling the fence and there is a war going on. I choose the side of Jesus no matter what it takes. I have no hope in this world. We are to be strangers, a odd people in this world. If this is so why should you care what anyone thinks. About burning a book or anything that word says is right. I do think burning a book is a waste of time unless its causing you to sin. No matter what it cost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mat_5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (...unless they are Muslim) ?

:thumbsup: ...or insert any common group, people love to hate. I guess Christ was just giving a suggestion and not a command based on the sheer volume of people who religiously ignore Christ's own words.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's intended to draw everyone's attention.
The real demons beating people up did that. You agree?

In a world where every book has to be hand copied all books are expensive and rare. The sum is something like 165 years wages.
Proof? ALL books? No copies existed that were less?

In a world where twenty books is seriously large collection. If we are absurdly generous and say 165 books were burned, we would be talking about the equivalent of, say, $50,000 per book.
How about 3006 books? Where do you dream up your numbers? Why make it 20?? That hardly would roast a marshmallow.
But everyone in Luke's audience knew that books were massively expensive things.
Baloney. They knew a lot more.
The only reason for him stating the value is to emphasise that.
Says...who? Maybe we could read it like this.... 'there were many many people scared stiff at the demons beating people up, and wanted to cut all ties with the dark side....many even brang inexpensive copies to burn, but still, the thousands of books added up to a large sum, if we looked at the suggested retail price..':)
Now if you want to disregard that its up to you, but that wouldn't be taking scripture seriously. Taking scripture seriously means putting yourself into the world of Luke's audience; a world where books are highly valuable, sorcery is a profession, and sorcery texts are tools of a trade.
Proof? Source? Speaking of taking it seriously, do you personally believe in real demons?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup: ...or insert any common group, people love to hate. I guess Christ was just giving a suggestion and not a command based on the sheer volume of people who religiously ignore Christ's own words.
Loving enemies does not mean obeying them.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin. Pluck it out and cast it away. He also said the same thing for your hand. I know if Jesus said this twice He ment what he said. Take it how you want. But I know the word means what it means, and you are for God or against. There is no straddling the fence and there is a war going on. I choose the side of Jesus no matter what it takes. I have no hope in this world. We are to be strangers, a odd people in this world. If this is so why should you care what anyone thinks. About burning a book or anything that word says is right. I do think burning a book is a waste of time unless its causing you to sin. No matter what it cost.
Great. Sounds good. So I take it you agree with the early church burning books then.

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, the Bible is inspired by God. The Qu'ran was not.I'm sure they exalt the Qu'ran far exceedingly above how I exalt the Bible. I think the actions of the last few days prove that. The difference between us and the Muslim fanatics is, if someone burned Bibles on The Mall in DC, we wouldn't kill them and burn down our neighbors homes and businesses in protest.
I'm sure the Holy Koran was given to mankind by God.

Murder is wrong but these people are at war for their country. Many want to restore Gods Law and Order as they see it.

If invaders came to this country and started to burn The Holy Bible you think people would not attack them?

The Holy Koran states to its readers to read the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0