Burning heart and desire to preach the Bible?

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I listened to my friends and kept worship, I strengthened my faith and one night I got to experience the Holy Spirit dwell in me. Any desire to sin has diminished, I feel as if I can overcome and the link that was missing from me made whole. Thats the sort of feeling I have. Physically the feeling is like energy is pulsating through out my body, sort of how someone describes the Holy Spirit as a rushing river. At this point my faith cannot be weakened, I am certain.

My friend tells me he gets a burning heart and a great temptation to preach the Bible. He cannot resist it, and tells me this is very real.

Has anyone experienced this?

Aug 17, 2018
Varna
✟2,167.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion to preach is bad. Holy Spirit can't be felt. If you have joy in your heart then you have it. If you die with this joy you will be in heaven. Also energy can't be felt. This is something in your brain only.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My friend tells me he gets a burning heart and a great temptation to preach the Bible. He cannot resist it, and tells me this is very real.
Yes there is a baptism in fire. There are people on fire for the Lord. Soon the whole world is going to be cleansed by fire as Noah's world was cleansed by water.

Matt 3 11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

"He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I listened to my friends and kept worship, I strengthened my faith and one night I got to experience the Holy Spirit dwell in me. Any desire to sin has diminished, I feel as if I can overcome and the link that was missing from me made whole. Thats the sort of feeling I have. Physically the feeling is like energy is pulsating through out my body, sort of how someone describes the Holy Spirit as a rushing river. At this point my faith cannot be weakened, I am certain.

There's all kinds of ways your faith can weaken and you'll undoubtedly face some of them eventually. Journal your faith now so you can look at it when your faith is challenged.

The desire to preach doesn't mean it should be acted on immediately. It may be a symptom of the direction the Lord wants someone to go. It would be wise to wait for external confirmation that the Lord wants a person to teach, such as from a senior pastor. Examine Scripture for explicit and implied qualifications to teach.

Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, ... (James 3:1a, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

This writer has experienced something very much like this.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If he can not resist, then it is just a feeling, not the Holy Spirit. I Cor 12 - 14 informs us that a prophet for example has control over his / her actions. Being filled with the Holy Spirit does give one the power to witness.

Look up full, filled with, Spirit, upon texts in Acts.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Cor 12 - 14 informs us that a prophet for example has control over his / her actions.
We have control but if we do not deliver the message God gives us to deliver - He holds us responsible or accountable.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yah. The Holy Spirit is very real.

Who said he was not real? Discernment has to do with identify the source of claims and events. My gift of Discernment, experience and Biblical Studies informs me of what I wrote.

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who said he was not real? Discernment has to do with identify the source of claims and events. My gift of Discernment, experience and Biblical Studies informs me of what I wrote.

It was an agreeable statement not an argue mental one.

Example:
Guy 1: That car is so cool!
Guy 2: Yeah bro that car is really cool!

Example of what’s happening now(lol):
Guy 1: That car is so cool!
Guy 2: Yeah bro that car is really cool!
Guy 1: Who said it wasn’t cool?
Guy 2: Bruh.... wait, what?

• Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums