Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This from Appendix 181 of the Companion Bible.

1. Having now before us all the "sequence of fact" (cp. also the Structure, p. 1575, and Ap. 180), we can trace "the progress of doctrine", the development of dispensational teaching in Acts, as well as in the complementary "Church" Epistles of Paul, and the limitations of the strictly Hebrew Epistles (Ap. 180, and Introd. Notes to each). Our Lord's words in John 16:12, 13, are precious, and they are precise (see Note in loc.).

The Gospels record what the Lord "began to do and teach" (1:1); after His resurrection He continued "speaking of the things pertaining to the Kingdom" (Ap. 112); and after His Ascension the teaching is carried on by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the truth (John 14:16, 17, 26; 15:26), Who was to guide (lead on) into "all the truth" (see Notes, John 16.12,13).

During the "Acts" period, believers were guided into much truth, truth in advance of what had previously been revealed. They were instructed in much that they had been unable "to bear" before the coming of the Holy Spirit to instruct them. But not even yet had they been guided into "all the truth". This was reserved, and not permitted to be revealed, until the public proclaiming of "the kingdom" had ended, after the close of the "Acts". (see Notes on the Epp., specially Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians.)

Then it was, at the commencement of this present interim period during which "blindness in part is happened to Israel" (Rom. 11:25), that "the church which is His body" (Eph. 1:22, 23) began to be formed "to the praise of the glory of His grace" (Eph. 1:6, and Note on 15:14). As above stated, and as the facts show, this church did not begin at Pentecost as is so commonly taught and believed.
Taken from: The Dispensational Position of the Book of the Acts. - Appendix to the Companion Bible
I was reading in another thread that to say this, that the church age began at the close of the Book of Acts and not at Pentecost was satanic.
Now I believe the Church did begin at Pentecost. Fire came down from Heaven and sat upon each of the disciples reminding me of when fire came down from Heaven at the dedication of Solomon's temple.
To me, getting the date wrong as to when the church started is a minor doctrinal error.
Or am I missing something?

I have found the Companion Bible to be an invaluable study aid. I don't agree on everything Bullinger says.
For instance he says there were four others crucified with Jesus. Appendix 164
He says there were six denials of Peter. Appendix 160
Appendixes to The Companion Bible

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Or am I missing something?
I have found the Companion Bible to be an invaluable study aid. I don't agree on everything Bullinger says.
Years ago, (how many don't worry about :) ) ,
YHVH set me apart for Himself (even from conception), to be appointed by Him grace through the Master Savior Messiah Jesus Christ.

Growing up as I did in the very Protestant USA, and 'sheltered', I thought nothing of "knowing" Jesus, only "knowing " about Him, as the churches taught (and still teach).

"Missing something"? Of course - we grow up in a God-less society, even pernicious according to YHVH'S WORD in Galatians .... even society under the prince of the power of the air (the devil), according to YHVH'S WORD in Ephesians.... even society that "refuses to repent of serving (worshiping) demons" according to Revelation.

So is something missing ? Yes. A lot is missing.
As Jesus told Marthy - leave her alone, she has chosen the one thing that is good.
(sitting at Jesus' feet listening to Jesus).
Shalom, Truth, Perfect Authority, Righteousness, JOYFULNESS.......
so much is missing today.....

OP-wise, E.W.Bullinger is tried, true and tested/ proven in line with all of God's Word.... a few errors, but many fewer than present day teachers and evangelists who don't care apparently about allowing error freely !

Daily at Jesus' feet, we can learn. This is what's necessary. This is what's important and true.

Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've used Bullinger's Companion Bible (KJV) for nearly 30 years and it is by far, the most informative study Bible ever written, especially the OT. As I understand it, Bullinger died after completing John 10. I think it was completed by Sir Robert Anderson. I'm pretty sure the Appendices had already been completed by Mr. Bullinger. It has always seemed to me that the notes in the Companion Bible get less informative after John 10. About 2 months ago, I bought a large type Companion Bible because my eyes are going south. It's HUGE!! It weighs over 5 pounds. Better than squinting, though.

I have bound copies of most all Bullinger books, but about everything he ever wrote is available free on the link below. I also think the works of Anderson and other authors are available free on this site. Most of the other stuff on there are Acts 2 and mid-Acts dispensationalism, neither of which I agree with in the least, However, any form of dispensationalism is more accurate then any mainstream denominational doctrine NOT based on dispensationalism. Acts 28 dispensationalism has always been my cup of tea. Most of Bullinger's books, like his lexicon and his huge book on Figures of speech in the Bible are Bible Helps, rather than doctrinal, which makes them apply to everyone.
Fellowship Bible Church, Orlando, FL

Bullinger was very prolific. He had always been sort of a dispensationalist, sort of mid-Acts. In the early 1900s, he hired Charles Welch, the primary mover of Acts 28 dispensationaliism, to work with him on his periodical, Things to Come, and, Welch showed him the real truths. When Bullinger saw these truths, he said, " I guess that scraps about half the books I've written." Bullinger's last work, the excellent Acts28 Dispensationalism book,"The Foundations of Dispensational Truth", was published not long before he died. It was the only "ultra- or hyper-dispensationalist" book he ever wrote

People that don't know what they're talking about say that Bullinger founded Acts28 Dispensationalism and they call this "heresy", Bullingerism. All of this is incorrect. As I said before, Welch was the #1 Acts28 guy and still is. In the 1800s, Bullinger gave 10 very scripturally correct lectures on the 2nd Coming of Christ at Oxford. At the time, the 2nd Coming was not accepted by many. and this teaching was what derogatorily was called Bullingerism.

All of Charles Welch's many, many books are free PDFs on charleswelch.net and bibleunderstanding.com. Other Acts 28 works are free on there also. There are also 1000s of very old bad quality audios on there. I would be surprised if any Acts28 dispensationalist in the world is making a living preaching or writing. It's like they know what they're teaching is the pinnacle of truth and they want everyone to see it. You mighy check out my son's antiquated, but very usable, Acts 28 site, heavendwellers.com

Who is your Apostle?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ac28, thank you for the excellent links in your post. I visited and saved them for future reference.

Hi and I am an ACTS 9:6 BELIEVER !!

If the Body of Christ began in Acts 2 , on the day of Pentecost , why on a main FEAST DAY of Israel ?

Did Peter teach where the MYSTERY of the REVELATION BEGIN ??

Why do the Acts 28 reject 7 books that Paul wrote , like 1 Cor 9:17 where Paul says that He has been entrusted with a dispensation ?

Since their rejection of 1 Cor 9:17 is that a different DISPENSATION and with a different salvation , 1 Cor 15:1-4 ??

And can they explain how Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 ??

If you both believe in Eph 4:5 that there is ONLY ONE BAPTISM , why are we than BAPTIZED FOR THE DEAD in 1 Cor 15:29 ??

How many dispensations are THERE ?

Just a few starters , questions ??

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

dan p

Interesting questions. I'm not settled enough on these issues to confidently answer them. I see a lot of overlap in the different dispensational teachings. The practical value I draw is a better overall grasp of Scripture and a clearing up of a lot of nonsense produced in pulpits.

• Useful
Reactions: ac28
Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi and I am an ACTS 9:6 BELIEVER !!

If the Body of Christ began in Acts 2 , on the day of Pentecost , why on a main FEAST DAY of Israel ?

Did Peter teach where the MYSTERY of the REVELATION BEGIN ??

Why do the Acts 28 reject 7 books that Paul wrote , like 1 Cor 9:17 where Paul says that He has been entrusted with a dispensation ?

Since their rejection of 1 Cor 9:17 is that a different DISPENSATION and with a different salvation , 1 Cor 15:1-4 ??

And can they explain how Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 ??

If you both believe in Eph 4:5 that there is ONLY ONE BAPTISM , why are we than BAPTIZED FOR THE DEAD in 1 Cor 15:29 ??

How many dispensations are THERE ?

dan p
I, also, am a Acts 9:6 believer, along with the rest of the Bible,but show me in scripture where Acts 9:6 has ANYTHING to do with the formation of a church

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I, also, am a Acts 9:6 believer, along with the rest of the Bible,but show me in scripture where Acts 9:6 has ANYTHING to do with the formation of a church

Hi and you are an Acts 28 er , is that true , as youn call your self an ac28 er , right ?
Let's start there !!

dan p

• Prayers
Reactions: ac28
Upvote 0