Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Someone here mentioned they wanted to see pictures of our Koi pond going in. I believe it was Michael. Anyway, here it is, but it is raining "cats and dogs" today, and the next couple of days. This project will continue after the weather dries out a little.

koipond1.jpg

koipond2.jpg

koipond3.jpg

That was the first day ^

Shubunkin

Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Really, really beautiful!

Congratulations
Thank you!

The builder says it is relatively easy to keep clean. All the stuff goes down the drain in the bottom, and we clean it out at the filter. It's easier than a pool, he says. We will see... we will see. If not, I'm sure Aria will be happy to come over and help out. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!

The builder says it is relatively easy to keep clean. All the stuff goes down the drain in the bottom, and we clean it out at the filter. It's easier than a pool, he says. We will see... we will see. If not, I'm sure Aria will be happy to come over and help out. :D

I did not see the filter, but I am glad that you do have a drain and a filter.

Yes, it looks lovely. And I bet it will give you hours of enjoyment. Yes, I would like to visit you sometime.

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did not see the filter, but I am glad that you do have a drain and a filter.

Yes, it looks lovely. And I bet it will give you hours of enjoyment. Yes, I would like to visit you sometime.
I hope we can plan on it, if not you coming here, then perhaps us coming there to you - or meet half way. :) That would be terrific.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
my son already has suggested we turn it into a giant spa tub, instead! :o

I agree Melania.... what an awesome idea.... It is good for athritis too... instead of going to the pool...

I also love Calvin....(although I do not like his name...lol....)

I just wanted to share that I saw the other day in the Greek news that a family had turned almost their whole house in a larg aquarium ....with many Koi fish ponts... instide too. It was awesome :) He said that he enjoyed it a lot.. the tranquility....

Would love to see the photos after it is finished.... Maybe next summer you can built the spa... too. :)

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We have a very large spa tub inside of the house already. That is enough. I think the Koi pond will be very relaxing.

As far as Calvin's name, it was to go with Hobbes, our Border Collie. We had to give Hobbes (at 47 lbs.) a new home, as he did not get along with our Monty, the 12 lb. Dandie Dinmont Terrier.

We have lost Linus, so I am pretty upset this Christmas without him. He was microchipped, so we hope that some vet or shelter will inform us if they find him.

:cry:

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Looks like fun Melania :) Can't wait to see how it looks with the actual fishies in it.

Calvin is gorgeous too. He reminds me of one of our cats - said cat is named Tumbles, and is a black shorthaired pet-shop-breed, and...well, I'll just say he resembles a pillow on legs. He's rather large, but he's old and arthritic so we look after him, poor thing.

The other cat is completely the opposite - russian blue + tabby cross, and high strung like you wouldn't believe!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.