• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Building a new life through Scriptures.

Discussion in 'Depression Disorders' started by Jeshu, May 16, 2019 at 4:15 AM.

1. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,700
    Christian
    Married
    One thing stood out when i met His truth on the bottom of my pit, i wasn't in God's truth and that was why my misery was so great for it was His truth about me as well. i was so far away from safety, my inner negativity had taken my a million light years away from His loving grace. One night He addressed me rock bottom with His truth and in His truth.

Galatians 6:7
    Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

And as i was reading those words years of hopeless, sad, despairing, bitter, angry, lonely, impatient, guilty, shameful, regretful and mournful thoughts and feelings came before my eyes. i had agreed with them all. i had not used the word to defend my truth but let my depressive thoughts and feelings rob me of all my good life in Christ.

No one loves me
    no one understands me
    no one cares about what i feel
    it will never get better
    God doesn't love me
    i'm not chosen
    i'm going to hell
    i'm no good
    i will never get out of here
    etc etc

Yet now all these lies had found dwelling in me and it wasn't easy to disagree with those horrible depressed feelings and thoughts as i have a depressive illness and depression continued on unabated.

It was the battle of my life time.

i realised that if walked in faith of God's love in Christ i would begin to have hope again. Bringing my bad life to Jesus and letting Him replace it with His Good life. Scripture is full of promises to those who put their trust in His loving truth. And so after years of fighting my depressive illness i finally found my life in His truth and i have been able to cope with my mental illness a lot better as result.

All praise to Jesus.

1 Peter 1:23-25

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All people are like grass,
    and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
    the grass withers and the flowers fall,
    but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

And this is the word that was preached to you.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,700
    Christian
    Married
    One thing stood out in this process of rebuilding and that was i didn't only need to know The Word but learn to heed it in my daily walk of life. The Word told me to eat the scroll, so i devoured it believing that there was real power in it. And so it was.

At first each time my depression won again it felt like i had lost all my good life and i was back at square one. However it didn't take long for me to realise that if i kept my eyes on Jesus then my good life would hang around as well. The secret depression had so much power over me was that its thoughts and feelings focussed on my weak miserable self and not on the truth of Christ love over me.

After awhile i understood that i had found a fool proof way to deal with my depressive illness. For i faithfully brought all my depressive thoughts and feelings to Him and let His loving truth rebuild me there. Oh how much love and comfort did i receive from on high? It was so very inspiring seeing Jesus do real time work in my heart with me being the onlooker.

For years i had lived without hope for better. i thought myself cursed suffering from a depressive illness and unable to take anti-depressants for it. i hated myself. i held all kind of ideas about myself that were very destructive. i had struggled with repetitive sin all my life, and if truth must be told i thought i was a sure goner because i couldn't stop my sins no matter how hard i had tried.

All that and so incredible much more Jesus made right by destroying the lies i believed about God, myself and my neighbours and setting me free to become a child of His. Faith in God's love, for as long as it is kept within Scriptures' truths, brings true hope alive and does deliver the goods it promises.

Does God's truth works instant? Yes and no. Faith in God's love will always bring His peace but
    His good life usually comes in the form of Heavenly seeds. These small seeds are seemingly dead, dried out and useless. (Ancient promises on paper.) However when we let Jesus plant those seeds in the dirt of our heart then they will produce a 30 to a 100 fold crop over time.

Please don't let depression rule your heart and mind any longer but find Jesus as King for all those painful realities dwelling within you. Honest He is awesome and will set us free from even very stubborn sin with His love. His gracious love is amazing and transforms the way you see and understand God, yourself and other people.

So let Jesus work on it. First your love relationship with God and yourself and from there everything else. One step at the time.

i remember i needed to eat a lot of grace at first for i fell constantly out of His truth and grovelled back in the mud again. It was frustrating to see how very weak i really was fighting depression. Yet seconds of good life grew into minutes of good life, which grew to hours of good life, and from there to days in good life, then weeks, months until i learned to hold onto Jesus no matter how depressed i was feeling and i could enjoy His good life even though i was rock bottom. The whole battle with depression lasted years and is still ongoing but i do a lot better now than at first. For it has become second nature to go to Jesus for help when i'm struggling. His loving truth is the safest ever for He never rejects me or turns me away.

Isaiah 55
    “Come, all you who are thirsty,
    come to the waters;
    and you who have no money,
    come, buy and eat!
    Come, buy wine and milk
    without money and without cost.
    Why spend money on what is not bread,
    and your labor on what does not satisfy?
    Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
    and you will delight in the richest of fare.
    Give ear and come to me;
    listen, that you may live.
    I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
    my faithful love promised to David.
    See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
    a ruler and commander of the peoples.
    Surely you will summon nations you know not,
    and nations you do not know will come running to you,
    because of the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel,
    for he has endowed you with splendor.”

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
    call on him while he is near.
    Let the wicked forsake their ways
    and the unrighteous their thoughts.
    Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
    and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
    declares the Lord.
    “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
    As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
    and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
    and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
    so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
    but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
    the mountains and hills
    will burst into song before you,
    and all the trees of the field
    will clap their hands.
    Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
    and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
    This will be for the Lord’s renown,
    for an everlasting sign,
    that will endure forever.”

3. Press On

Press On Giving up what I am to become what I will be.

+1,297
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Uplifting testimony, Jeshu. Thank you.:hug: