United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From David Rouzer (NC Congressman)

1. Innovation-Killing Price Controls: The bill would institute government price-setting of prescription drugs which will lead to significantly less private investment in new cures. This would also limit seniors’ access to medicines and drastically harm pharmaceutical innovation, resulting in fewer new drugs and fewer generic drugs being developed.

2. Amnesty for Millions of Illegal Immigrants: The bill would lead to amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants at a time when illegal border crossings continue to reach historic levels, incentivized by these very policies. In October alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended 164,303 illegal immigrants at our southern border. This is a 128% increase from last October.

3. Fails to Include Hyde Amendment Protections: The bill does not include Hyde Amendment protections, which means that taxpayer dollars can be used to fund abortion. For decades there has always been bipartisan agreement in both chambers that taxpayer money would not be used for abortion — until now. This is a drastic break from that long-standing agreement.

4. Funds Biden’s Banking Surveillance Apparatus: The bill would provide the IRS nearly $80 billion and doubles the size of the agency by hiring 87,000 new agents to snoop around your bank account, giving the IRS broad authority to target families, farmers, and small businesses. If you spend an average of $28 a day (and who doesn’t when you factor in housing, groceries, utilities, etc.), your bank account would be fair game. This may be the worst provision of all. It’s by far the most intrusive and, therefore, likely to be the most abusive provision.

5. Small Business Taxes: The bill includes more than $400 billion in tax hikes on small business, which will perpetuate the ongoing labor shortage crisis and hurt businesses that play an integral role in our communities.

6. Eliminates Work Requirements: The bill eliminates work requirements for able-bodied welfare beneficiaries at a time when there are more than 10.4 million job openings.

7. Made in America Tax: The bill includes $1.5 trillion in tax hikes, including tax increases on American businesses who compete both here and around the world, driving American jobs, investment, and manufacturing back overseas.

8. Green Welfare Subsidies: The bill includes $550 billion in green welfare subsidies for the wealthy and the world’s biggest corporations. It includes an Electric Vehicle tax credit, with up to $12,500 available to families making up to $500,000.

9. Increases Energy Costs: This bill impedes and bans domestic energy and mineral production, increasing our dependencies on resources supplied by OPEC, Russia, and China. It would also raise taxes on natural gas, increasing the cost of almost everything. American household energy bills would increase by 30 percent.

10. Money for Gun Control: The bill would spend $2.5 billion for “Community-based Violence Intervention initiatives” which could be used to deny 2nd Amendment rights without due process.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'd strike the entire thing down on that banking surveillance alone. That's a major infringement of privacy rights and something that everyone should be disturbed over, regardless of political faction.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
David Rouzer? Never heard of him. Is he credible?

Since he is a congressman charged with dictating our laws and potentially new ones, and considering I voted for him, I at least appreciate to know the man's perspective. He literally is to represent my interests, as a constituent, in Congress.

Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

1. Innovation-Killing Price Controls: The bill would institute government price-setting of prescription drugs which will lead to significantly less private investment in new cures. This would also limit seniors’ access to medicines and drastically harm pharmaceutical innovation, resulting in fewer new drugs and fewer generic drugs being developed.

2. Amnesty for Millions of Illegal Immigrants: The bill would lead to amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants at a time when illegal border crossings continue to reach historic levels, incentivized by these very policies. In October alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended 164,303 illegal immigrants at our southern border. This is a 128% increase from last October.

3. Fails to Include Hyde Amendment Protections: The bill does not include Hyde Amendment protections, which means that taxpayer dollars can be used to fund abortion. For decades there has always been bipartisan agreement in both chambers that taxpayer money would not be used for abortion — until now. This is a drastic break from that long-standing agreement.

4. Funds Biden’s Banking Surveillance Apparatus: The bill would provide the IRS nearly $80 billion and doubles the size of the agency by hiring 87,000 new agents to snoop around your bank account, giving the IRS broad authority to target families, farmers, and small businesses. If you spend an average of $28 a day (and who doesn’t when you factor in housing, groceries, utilities, etc.), your bank account would be fair game. This may be the worst provision of all. It’s by far the most intrusive and, therefore, likely to be the most abusive provision.

5. Small Business Taxes: The bill includes more than $400 billion in tax hikes on small business, which will perpetuate the ongoing labor shortage crisis and hurt businesses that play an integral role in our communities.

6. Eliminates Work Requirements: The bill eliminates work requirements for able-bodied welfare beneficiaries at a time when there are more than 10.4 million job openings.

7. Made in America Tax: The bill includes $1.5 trillion in tax hikes, including tax increases on American businesses who compete both here and around the world, driving American jobs, investment, and manufacturing back overseas.

8. Green Welfare Subsidies: The bill includes $550 billion in green welfare subsidies for the wealthy and the world’s biggest corporations. It includes an Electric Vehicle tax credit, with up to $12,500 available to families making up to $500,000.

9. Increases Energy Costs: This bill impedes and bans domestic energy and mineral production, increasing our dependencies on resources supplied by OPEC, Russia, and China. It would also raise taxes on natural gas, increasing the cost of almost everything. American household energy bills would increase by 30 percent.

10. Money for Gun Control: The bill would spend $2.5 billion for “Community-based Violence Intervention initiatives” which could be used to deny 2nd Amendment rights without due process.

1. Interesting how other nations manage to innovate drugs without bankrupting people for pills. You can have innovation with regulation, they aren't mutually exclusive.

2. Amnesty has been done before. The result was increased wages and a reduction in crime. The problem with Amnesty is it obviously does not stop the root causes of illegal immigration. But it isn't some boogeyman that will ruin your life, in fact it will likely improve it unless you are a sketchy millionaire/billionaire.

3. I have no problem with this so long as we also have initiative for sex education and support for potential mother's to be. Like a system where people who are looking to adopt can be reference to someone considering an abortion so they can instead go through with it and give someone who wants, but cannot have a child, one.

4. This part is complete garbage IMO. The IRS needs to go after the big fish.

5. I am not seeing a tax hike for small businesses anywhere in the bill. I do see a drop in taxes for upper middle class americans though.

6. This is in regard to child tax credits. I'm of mixed opinion on this. I think that if I had to sacrifice something in the bill that could be one thing, but I'm not a parent.

7. This is the exact opposite of what this tax does. It provides incentives to reinvest here instead of sending profits abroad.

8-9. This is a balancing act. We do need to start moving towards better sources of power. I feel a better way to do things is to remove the incentive to build more of the problem and encourage building the solutions. For example, instead of increasing the price of natural gas, you increase the cost of gas furnaces, and decrease the price of electric heating appliances and provide funding to help subsidize renovation of older homes to electric sources. Also more fission plants need to built badly.

10. none of this program is oriented towards gun control.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Since he is a congressman charged with dictating our laws and potentially new ones, and considering I voted for him, I at least appreciate to know the man's perspective. He literally is to represent my interests, as a constituent, in Congress.

Fascinating -- but it tells me nothing about his credibility.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

1. Been happening for years. Where has this guy been? Obviously not up to speed on real Rx issues.
    [*]Funds Biden’s Banking Surveillance Apparatus: The bill would provide the IRS nearly $80 billion and doubles the size of the agency by hiring 87,000 new agents to snoop around your bank account, giving the IRS broad authority to target families, farmers, and small businesses. If you spend an average of $28 a day (and who doesn’t when you factor in housing, groceries, utilities, etc.), your bank account would be fair game. This may be the worst provision of all. It’s by far the most intrusive and, therefore, likely to be the most abusive provision.
    Time to slow down the wealthy tax leaks.
    [*]Small Business Taxes: The bill includes more than $400 billion in tax hikes on small business, which will perpetuate the ongoing labor shortage crisis and hurt businesses that play an integral role in our communities.
    Get universal healthcare up to speed and small business will take off like a rocket.
    [*]Eliminates Work Requirements: The bill eliminates work requirements for able-bodied welfare beneficiaries at a time when there are more than 10.4 million job openings.
    Biggest myth around is the "welfare Cadillac". Most welfare recipients (aside from aged and disabled) are single parents and children. Beef up access to child care and there would be more working.
    [*]Made in America Tax: The bill includes $1.5 trillion in tax hikes, including tax increases on American businesses who compete both here and around the world, driving American jobs, investment, and manufacturing back overseas.
    Now, why do you want to reward companies for sending good jobs overseas?
    [*]Green Welfare Subsidies: The bill includes $550 billion in green welfare subsidies for the wealthy and the world’s biggest corporations. It includes an Electric Vehicle tax credit, with up to $12,500 available to families making up to $500,000.
    The planet is dying.
    [*]Increases Energy Costs: This bill impedes and bans domestic energy and mineral production, increasing our dependencies on resources supplied by OPEC, Russia, and China. It would also raise taxes on natural gas, increasing the cost of almost everything. American household energy bills would increase by 30 percent.
    His scare figures are a crock.
    [*]Money for Gun Control: The bill would spend $2.5 billion for “Community-based Violence Intervention initiatives” which could be used to deny 2nd Amendment rights without due process.

Well, we sure don't have enough guns in America, do we? Biden should give every citizen $500.00 to put toward buying a firearm, preferably one that is made to kill bad people. And Ammo should be tax-deductible and the government should give enormous tax breaks to companies that make firearms and ammo.

And, we should find a third world garbage dump and help overthrow whatever Militia will keep the war going so the Military-Industrial Complex can fulfill its destiny.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Money for Gun Control: The bill would spend $2.5 billion for “Community-based Violence Intervention initiatives” which could be used to deny 2nd Amendment rights without due process.
:clap:

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  1. Funds Biden’s Banking Surveillance Apparatus: The bill would provide the IRS nearly $80 billion and doubles the size of the agency by hiring 87,000 new agents to snoop around your bank account, giving the IRS broad authority to target families, farmers, and small businesses. If you spend an average of $28 a day (and who doesn’t when you factor in housing, groceries, utilities, etc.), your bank account would be fair game. This may be the worst provision of all. It’s by far the most intrusive and, therefore, likely to be the most abusive provision.
This one is especially hilarious. "We love and support law enforcement!"
(...unless it's time to actually hire them to investigate our own crimes...)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This one is especially hilarious. "We love and support law enforcement!"
(...unless it's time to actually hire them to investigate our own crimes...)
Investigating crimes is one thing. Ignoring probable cause is another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Investigating crimes is one thing. Ignoring probable cause is another.

I don't see how hiring more law enforcement is going to ignore probable cause.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  1. Green Welfare Subsidies: It includes an Electric Vehicle tax credit, with up to $12,500 available to families making up to $500,000.

Encouraging the sale of EVs is bad? What..? And the credit is capped at that figure. So any family earning less than that gets the credit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0