Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Buffalo officers suspended after video shows them shoving 75-year-old at protest

Two Buffalo police officers were suspended without pay Thursday after a video showed authorities knocking down a 75-year-old man during a protest, Mayor Byron Brown said.....
In the video, which spread rapidly on Twitter on Thursday night, the man can be seen approaching a large group of officers in tactical gear and saying something. The officers yell for him to move back before one appears to push him.....
The man stumbles backward and falls. Seconds later, a pool of blood can be seen near his head....

A line of officers marched through, and the man, who Desmond said did not appear to be a protester, approached the officers. "He walked a little bit, was standing there, and was hit with a club as far as I can tell," Desmond said.

“He lost his footing after he was hit, fell back, hit his head on the concrete ... and I could hear his head hit and then within a few seconds, blood started coming out from under his head," the reporter said.​

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟228,159.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's fantastic - unfortunately they didn't resign from the police force itself, just the unit, but it's a start.
The more of these cowards we can get to resign the better!
They should fire the whole lot imho.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They should fire the whole lot imho.

Well according to them...they were just doing as ordered.

I suppose we could fire the entire police department but who would be the police?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I suppose we could fire the entire police department but who would be the police?
I know. Did you see the video? It was hard for me to watch. Now if they stepped down because they were standing in solidarity with the ones who were callous enough to push that old man down and walk over him without rendering him aid, they do not need to be called police imho.

• Informative
Reactions: Mama-Bear
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No, So changes need to happen .And everyone should kneel at National Anthem. We need to be on top of police brutality. And not ignore it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's fantastic - unfortunately they didn't resign from the police force itself, just the unit, but it's a start.
The more of these cowards we can get to resign the better!

From what I've since read, that unit was created especially for these riots, so quitting seems even less significant than I'd realized.

I wonder what orders required that they push the guy like that.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I know. Did you see the video? It was hard for me to watch. Now if they stepped down because they were standing in solidarity with the ones who were callous enough to push that old man down and walk over him without rendering him aid, they do not need to be called police imho.

Sure...I saw the video. I also saw one where a guy wearing a MAGA hat was chased and assaulted. There's lots of disturbing videos these days.

Just out of curiosity....if we see people committing violence against the police, general public, businesses....would you feel the same way about them? Or do you excuse it by saying "it's a riot"?

Should all those arrested during these events be shamed and lose their jobs?

Because at least in the police's incident....they may have been following orders. The rioters and looters are just doing whatever they feel like....and they're getting bailed out by Democrats left and right.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure...I saw the video. I also saw one where a guy wearing a MAGA hat was chased and assaulted. There's lots of disturbing videos these days.

Just out of curiosity....if we see people committing violence against the police, general public, businesses....would you feel the same way about them? Or do you excuse it by saying "it's a riot"?

Because at least in the police's incident....they may have been following orders. The rioters and looters are just doing whatever they feel like....and they're getting bailed out by Democrats left and right.

I think people in many jurisdictions probably have legitimate justification for taking up arms against their departments. I'm still amazed it hasn't happened yet. With so many videos this week of them just beating the crap out of people for no reason, they're little better than the mob in some places.

To clarify - it's significant in the message it sends to the community. It's not significant in that they didn't really sacrifice anything. They quit a unit that would've been disbanded within a couple days anyways.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There sure are. Hopefully that guy did not get killed.That is happening also.
I do not condone any violence against anyone.

maybe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What do you mean maybe???

We're talking about people destroying people's livelihoods and attacking people physically...

They're doing it all because they want to....we're easily talking about hundreds if not thousands of people.

Shouldn't they all be shamed and rendered destitute by virtue of their misdeeds? Why the double standard?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
To clarify - it's significant in the message it sends to the community. It's not significant in that they didn't really sacrifice anything. They quit a unit that would've been disbanded within a couple days anyways.

Lol what? Disbanded? You think they don't train regularly for this stuff? You think they just slap a helmet and shield on a cop and that's it?

I suspect in some cases that may be true....but any major city probably has a dedicated unit that trains for this stuff.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Because at least in the police's incident....they may have been following orders.
Nuremberg.
Great city! The castle is a sight to see. So much history. So much culture. I just love to live there.

Nuremberg. There was something else. Something from a few decades ago. I just can't quite remember what it was. Something about Americans, and a trial and "just following orders"...

Upvote 0