Buddhist Extremists in Bangladesh Beat, Take Christians Captive

• Thread starter Unashamed Jesus Freak
  • Start date
U

Unashamed Jesus Freak

By Dan Wooding, Founder of ASSIST Ministries

DHAKA, BANGLADESH (ANS) — Compass Direct News (CDN) is reporting that Buddhist members of an armed rebel group and their sympathizers are holding three tribal Christians captive in a pagoda in southeastern Bangladesh after severely beating them in an attempt to force them to return to Buddhism, Christian sources said.

U

Unashamed Jesus Freak

I have yet to see any mainline news stations (such as CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS) or any national newspapers (such as the New York Times or Dallas Morning News) cover news stories on the persecution, torture and martyrdom of Christians around the world today. Perhaps I miss such stories being covered by secular news organizations (non-Christian) as I search the internet for these stories on the persecution of my brothers and sisters in Christ around the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigbadwilf

Drinking from the glass half-empty
Dec 22, 2008
Oxford, UK
✟8,706.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's still quoting the same source, right down to the name of the subdistrict, [FONT=arial,helvetica]Mohalchari.

My suspicions are slightly raised when every news source seems to quote the same subdistrict name, especially when it doesn't appear to be the name of a subdistrict in Khagrachari district.

Here ( Khagrachari District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is a list of the actual subdivisions, and here ( Compass Direct News ) is the original report.

Note the header.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Museveni

Homo Sapiens Invictus
Feb 28, 2007
Sweden
✟8,845.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
CPC(Christian Prosecution Complex) strikes again it seems. First as Bigbadwilf pointed out the region doesn't even exist. Secondly the major religion in Bangladesh is Islam(89%) so seems unlikely that any state official or elder would support a transformation to Buddism as suggested by the article.

Seems like the good old trick. Cant find info to support your ideas? Then make *censored* up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 1, 2009
Sydney
✟16,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Well according to the C.I.A there is less then 1% Buddists in Bangladesh.

CIA World Fact Book

But what does this actually tell us, nothing. For e.g. over here in Australia the % of muslims is small, but there are still many many muslims who are involved in Bikie Gangs, street gangs and organsied crime, so these stats provided are rather useless.

You are a huminist yeah? But only toward Non Christians I suppose?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well according to the C.I.A there is less then 1% Buddists in Bangladesh.

I'm surprised there's that many.

Well, I'm not going to get into an argument or debate with anyone over this.

So you just want to assert something you got second hand and have people accept it without skepticism?

But what does this actually tell us, nothing. For e.g. over here in Australia the % of muslims is small, but there are still many many muslims who are involved in Bikie Gangs, street gangs and organsied crime, so these stats provided are rather useless.

You are a huminist yeah? But only toward Non Christians I suppose?

There's several logical fallacies in this post.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2009
Sydney
✟16,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
There's several logical fallacies in this post.

Why so? You assume that because there is a small % of buddhists in a certain region of the world that is predominantly Muslim, that it would be improbable for them to commit a violent act of persecution towards people of another faith.

Muslims here in Australia are a very small minority, so according to your logic, it would be improbable for them to be involved in any sort of criminal undertakings (persecution is a crime, is it not?) because they represent a small % of the overall community.

The fallacy was made when your mate decided to post useless information to make an assumption on how people behave depending on religious demographics.

I would also assume that if these people were lying, they would not simply pluck out a fake suburb and post it on the web, nor would they use full names that could be used for identification purposes.

If you do not believe that Christians are being persecuted, look at Iraq, my people the Assyrians are being heavily persecuted on a daily basis. But I'm just making it all up aren't I? :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Dec 29, 2004
Kentucky
✟1,343.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[FONT=arial,helvetica]My suspicions are slightly raised when every news source seems to quote the same subdistrict name, especially when it doesn't appear to be the name of a subdistrict in Khagrachari district.[/FONT]
Mohalchari looks an awful lot like Mahalchhari...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums