Bruce Jenner

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The recent media coverage of Bruce Jenner has revealed that he claims to be a Christian. Some might dispute his claim. However, In an age where Satan has accomplished so much, I do not think we should be surprised to see what many might consider "walking wounded" on the Christian battlefield.

Consider a home where a small boy grows up hungry for his father's attention. Instead he finds his fathers stack of inappropriate contentography and starts to think that if he looked like the pictures, he might finally obtain his father's love. As the child grows and incorporates this thinking into moments of stimulation, he may come to think that he really is female in some way.

The National Institutes for Health (who have every political reason to promote the transsexual ideology) advise against surgery for the reason of such a high incidence of suicide. This would seem to indicate that something other than transsexualism is actually going on.

There are many conditions that come to exists because of a world that is designed by Satan to destroy families and oppose Christianity. As Christians we should be careful not to shoot our own wounded, but to show compassion for those who have been "wounded".

Reactions: seashale76

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw parts of that interview last night.

I hope the man finds peace. His family seems to want to support him, and yet openly struggles with parts of it. I think that is more than understandable. He even admits this.

Something tells me that they will make a circus out of this. That's just the nature of the beast we call media today. Sigh.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He also said he was conservative, to a rather shocked Diane Sawyer. So here's betting that the press drops him pretty quickly.

I doubt that - they are having a field day.

It does kind of smash some of the stereotypes they feed their audience though. Not sure how they will balance that. (shrugs) maybe ignore it?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The recent media coverage of Bruce Jenner has revealed that he claims to be a Christian. Some might dispute his claim. However, In an age where Satan has accomplished so much, I do not think we should be surprised to see what many might consider "walking wounded" on the Christian battlefield.

Consider a home where a small boy grows up hungry for his father's attention. Instead he finds his fathers stack of inappropriate contentography and starts to think that if he looked like the pictures, he might finally obtain his father's love. As the child grows and incorporates this thinking into moments of stimulation, he may come to think that he really is female in some way.

The National Institutes for Health (who have every political reason to promote the transsexual ideology) advise against surgery for the reason of such a high incidence of suicide. This would seem to indicate that something other than transsexualism is actually going on.

There are many conditions that come to exists because of a world that is designed by Satan to destroy families and oppose Christianity. As Christians we should be careful not to shoot our own wounded, but to show compassion for those who have been "wounded".
Sooooo.. we're blaming transsexualism on inappropriate contentography now?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I saw parts of that interview last night.

I hope the man finds peace. His family seems to want to support him, and yet openly struggles with parts of it. I think that is more than understandable. He even admits this.

Something tells me that they will make a circus out of this. That's just the nature of the beast we call media today. Sigh.

Does he have any claim to fame other than being Kim Kardasian's step father? (If that is the relationship? )

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Does he have any claim to fame other than being Kim Kardasian's step father? (If that is the relationship? )
Held the world record for the decathlon for 4 years, the American record for 15, and is still #25 as per world scores. So...that is a pretty big deal.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
April is Autism Awareness month, yet all the networks seem to want to discuss is Jenner. He doesn't illicit any sympathy, at least from me, as his story is sad as opposed to compelling. As the father of an autistic son I know autistic children face greater challenges than this guy.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Depends how old you are.

I always viewed Jenner as Olympic Gold Medal champion, because I remember watching him win it in 1976.

Pretty good accomplishment, that required a significant commitment to achieve.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
April is Autism Awareness month, yet all the networks seem to want to discuss is Jenner. He doesn't illicit any sympathy, at least from me, as his story is sad as opposed to compelling. As the father of an autistic son I know autistic children face greater challenges than this guy.

As an autistic adult, I am aware that gender dysphoria is more common among autistics than it is the general population. It would be odd, actually, to attempt to divide into competing camps that rue one getting attention as if it were somehow at the cost of the other, as a number of individuals belong in both camps. Neither state of being particularly requires us to be sad. It is good for us listen to people's stories whether we find them compelling or not.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Held the world record for the decathlon for 4 years, the American record for 15, and is still #25 as per world scores. So...that is a pretty big deal.

He was on all the cereal boxes when I was eight or nine. I didn't know that m. meant meter (I thought it meant mile) and was amazed--absolutley gobsmacked--that someone could run that far!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A transgendered person (at first) is one who is blind as to how they are perceived by others. The person has not come to the self realization that they think and operate and move as the opposite sex. It is only after years of negative social bombardment by people they come into contact with, that they even start to even contemplate something so personally drastic. Bruce Jenner does not even come close to anything like this. I think most transgendered people cannot rebound from the self realization phase and sadly, they commit suicide. They actually are a member of 1Cor. 1:25-29 and God uses them to accomplish what is written there.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The world is designed by Satan?

That explains a great deal, but I fail to see what your editorial has to do with Transgenders or Bruce Jenner.

I saw far more adult magazines as a youth than I care to share, but it had no bearing on my gender identity.

Something not liked or understood=/=Satan.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What's interesting is this guy wants to change into a woman but has never been attracted to men, so now Bruce Jenner is a lesbian.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are not directly tied. It can be a bit confusing.

Chastity Bono had a female mate prior to becoming Chaz Bono. I believe they are still together.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.