Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think I have all of his albums and tapes/cassettes.
When I was little there was a neighborhood holy rollers church or so they said. We would peek in the windows when they had services but I don't remember whether they rolled on the floor. There was some antics. I was too young to remember much but it doesn't seem like they were there long.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny, I was thinking the last word was band not show.

Nope; it's "show". :)

Looking at wiki's page about this song; I found this interesting:

"The song tells the story of Brother Love, an evangelist who travels from town to town preaching. In the middle of the song, Diamond gives a sermon in typical evangelical style.

Some evangelical groups in the American South encouraged the boycotting of this song and of Diamond as they thought that this song denigrated and insulted evangelists and the evangelical movement.

When Diamond explained in an interview that it was, contrary to their understanding of it, a celebration of Gospel music and the evangelical style of preaching and worship, the controversy subsided."

Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show (song) - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have all his earlier music on cassettes and records. There is one that I dearly, I will look it up and post it here. He was my main singer back in the day. It is hard to see them go,lol, but it is to be expected at our age. As in movie stars of that age, they just don't make them like they used to.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0