Chadstick

Oct 31, 2016
Durban, South Africa
✟15,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We met online but stay 1 hours flight away. We've spent holidays together and around every 3 to 4th weekend. Im 31 and she is 21, so its a 10 year gap, but she's mature for her age.

Basically in the beginning we were so happy, everything was good, we'd call eachother regularly, see eachother when we could and it worked. The thing is i i w never completely attracted to her, only about 50 percent. But she has the most amazing heart which really attracted me. So i thought id give it a try. Things were really good for about 2 months, but i i quickly got over the attraction. She was very into me and us but I started having doubts....and over time i i became less happy with us. It was just the attraction, it was small other annoyances too. All in all she is an amazing person, she supported me with everything, was always good to me. But i i havent felt entirely happy with the relationship....even though I really love her alot and i i care for her so much. On Friday i broke up with her and she was devastated. Its the 2nd time we've broken up, but this time she really broke hard. I feel like such trash, like im the villain here. I never wanted to ever hurt her, id do anything to take her pain away.

Long story short, its salvageable. We can fix things and i can make it right. Ill just need to really prove to her I want her and wont do it again. She said she wants commitment...not entirely sure what she means but i told her im not ready for engagement or anything right now. She isnt isnt about it. I feel a sense of regret, I want to make her happy again and i do miss her. But i dont want to make false promises and get her back and then end up hurting her again...that will be worse.

Btw we broke up the first time because she kept me awake every night on the phone and id tell her im exhausted and have work the next day...but she'd nag. So I'd give in to make her happy but every day id be dead tired. Eventually i got so exhausted i told her i cant do it anymore. We broke up but got back together. She said i mustnt break up with her again or she'd never take me back.

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We met online but stay 1 hours flight away. We've spent holidays together and around every 3 to 4th weekend. Im 31 and she is 21, so its a 10 year gap, but she's mature for her age.

Basically in the beginning we were so happy, everything was good, we'd call eachother regularly, see eachother when we could and it worked. The thing is i i w never completely attracted to her, only about 50 percent. But she has the most amazing heart which really attracted me. So i thought id give it a try. Things were really good for about 2 months, but i i quickly got over the attraction. She was very into me and us but I started having doubts....and over time i i became less happy with us. It was just the attraction, it was small other annoyances too. All in all she is an amazing person, she supported me with everything, was always good to me. But i i havent felt entirely happy with the relationship....even though I really love her alot and i i care for her so much. On Friday i broke up with her and she was devastated. Its the 2nd time we've broken up, but this time she really broke hard. I feel like such trash, like im the villain here. I never wanted to ever hurt her, id do anything to take her pain away.

Long story short, its salvageable. We can fix things and i can make it right. Ill just need to really prove to her I want her and wont do it again. She said she wants commitment...not entirely sure what she means but i told her im not ready for engagement or anything right now. She isnt isnt about it. I feel a sense of regret, I want to make her happy again and i do miss her. But i dont want to make false promises and get her back and then end up hurting her again...that will be worse.

Btw we broke up the first time because she kept me awake every night on the phone and id tell her im exhausted and have work the next day...but she'd nag. So I'd give in to make her happy but every day id be dead tired. Eventually i got so exhausted i told her i cant do it anymore. We broke up but got back together. She said i mustnt break up with her again or she'd never take me back.

IMO, security is probably a bigger deal to women than men. Breaking up twice with her, is gonna effect her ability to trust you will not do it again. Honestly, if I were her, I would probably move on with life, considering two break ups in only seven months, the honey moon is already over. You won't be able to hide getting over the attraction forever, she will catch on sooner or later, hopefully not later.

Upvote 0

AlexSad

Apr 20, 2019
Minsk
✟12,129.00
Country
Belarus
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She said i mustnt break up with her again or she'd never take me back.

What I would say is, once she set the terms, it means she didn't think of your relationship as anything of value.
She was willing to sacrifice the relationship at any time.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Chadstick she had the most amazing heart that attracted you so. She was a amazing person and supported you in every way with what you did. She was rather chatty and kept you up rather late. People generally do that when they are in love : ) she wants commitment. Your not exactly sure what she means. I know exactly what she means and I’m sure you know exactly what that is too. Best you walk away now if there be no commitment from you . At least that way you can both continue your search.

Upvote 0