Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking on Thought for the Day, a short early morning slot on BBC Radio 4 dedicated to faith issues, the son of Britain’s reigning Monarch urged listeners to think of persecuted religious figures — singling out Jesus Christ and Muhammad — this Christmas. He said:

"Normally at Christmas we think of the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. I wonder though if this year we might remember how the story of the nativity unfolds, with the fleeing of the holy family to escape violent persecution. And we might also remember that when the prophet Muhammad migrated from Mecca to Medina he was seeking the freedom for himself and his followers to worship."

Prince Charles Urges Brits To Think Of Muhammad This Christmas, Speaks Out Against 'Aggressive Populism'

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We think of Muhammad every time there's a terrorist attack so I really don't see the point in taking the limelight away from Jesus during this time of the year.

Oddly enough, the terrorist attack that I was caught up in a couple of decades ago had a couple of Muslims who were slightly injured who probably were. The two dead children weren't, and neither were the (almost certainly Catholic) terrorists.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking on Thought for the Day, a short early morning slot on BBC Radio 4 dedicated to faith issues, the son of Britain’s reigning Monarch urged listeners to think of persecuted religious figures — singling out Jesus Christ and Muhammad — this Christmas.

When Prince Charles was interviewed several years ago, he said that when he becomes king he would like to be known as "Defender of faith" rather than "Defender of the faith", which he would be as head of the church of England.
It's rather worrying, really.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although there's no reason why we shouldn't stand against religious intolerance and allow minorities to express their faith too.

Sadly, we live in a world that encourages humans to place themselves in a group. Each group then lists their grievances of past, present - real or imagined - use that to throw rocks at the other groups. Then claim their righteous place of personhood. There is no reason to acknowledge anything realistic - everything must be extreme. Every group must fight to be at the top of the victimhood scale, and when that is in place and encouraged? Intolerance breeds and grows.

It's a sad culture we live in. Everyone claims we must show love, and yet are incapable of doing it themselves. It's very discouraging. We have lost our sense of decency.

Upvote 0