Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,587.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They should send strategic bombers.
It was reported by a British publication that the Taliban are refusing to allows planes with American citizens leave Kabul. Should the U.S. provide monetary aid and recognition of a new Taliban government in Afghanistan in order to get the Americans out? Should Joe Biden trust the Taliban?

Americans ‘held hostage by Taliban’ as planes blocked from leaving Afghanistan
Gee who ever would have guessed !

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was reported by a British publication that the Taliban are refusing to allows planes with American citizens leave Kabul. Should the U.S. provide monetary aid and recognition of a new Taliban government in Afghanistan in order to get the Americans out? Should Joe Biden trust the Taliban?

Trump trusted the Taliban enough to release them from prison, to allow this to this happen . As for Biden and the people, that need to do something. Were at stage 1. So 20 years of war went down the toilet. Because of Trumps actions.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
They should send strategic bombers.

The Taliban knows it did not, nor can it defeat the US Military. The decision to leave was political, not a military retreat...the US never lost an engagement, I know it, you know it, the Taliban knows it, everyone knows it.

This situation should have been predicted, it's the same rational used by Iran in the late 1970's, and it worked, Iran's assets were gradually freed up, and hostages were released...the Taliban is hoping for the same.

Jimmy Carter was a coward, Joe Biden is a coward, the only difference is President Biden is senile...and everyone knows that as well.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,451.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Trump trusted the Taliban enough to release them from prison, to allow this to this happen . As for Biden and the people, that need to do something. Were at stage 1. So 20 years of war went down the toilet. Because of Trumps actions.

Yes I believe the deal with the Taliban was a mistake. It was brokered in the hopes to bring some peace to the region. Which obviously didn't happen. Biden could have backed off the deal, once the Taliban started attacking. I haven't seen anything in the deal that said the prisoner trade and the removal of our troops would be a blanket allowance for the Taliban to retake Afghanistan by force. It was supposed to create peace.

As soon as Biden learned that the Taliban were going to and we're attacking to take over he should have backed off the deal and said no to our exit. We could have beat back the Taliban and left a minimal amount of support for the Afghans and told the Taliban the deal was about peace. Not their violent take over. But Biden bailed and failed.

Now I don't know what Trump would have done had he been in office at this time. But his actions over time have suggested that he wouldn't have just bailed under these conditions. But I don't know for sure. And you don't know either. So speculation is rather useless.

What we DO know is Biden did bail, he did nothing to prevent this and completely failed even in getting everyone out. If he choose to leave when he didn't have to, well that's his perogative. But his responsibility was to those Americans and Afghans that helped us. And he utterly failed in his duty.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1979 Iran wants a seat at this conversation. Maybe Jimmy Carter can become part of this administration and these youngsters can have a live replay of American foreign policy from decades ago. Inflation has arrived from the '70s too.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Taliban knows it did not, nor can it defeat the US Military. The decision to leave was political, not a military retreat...the US never lost an engagement, I know it, you know it, the Taliban knows it, everyone knows it.

This situation should have been predicted, it's the same rational used by Iran in the late 1970's, and it worked, Iran's assets were gradually freed up, and hostages were released...the Taliban is hoping for the same.

Jimmy Carter was a coward, Joe Biden is a coward, the only difference is President Biden is senile...and everyone knows that as well.
There were deaths and casualties in occupying Afghanistan. Hundreds of billions of tax dollars were wasted building Afghanistan. That there be losses in departing from Afghanistan is no surprise. The U.S. airlifted 6,000 Americans out of Afghanistan. Civilians who stayed too long were trapped.

• Agree
Reactions: Silverback
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Tuesday that some evacuation flights out of Afghanistan have been prevented from taking off because they included passengers without valid travel documents, an explanation that undercuts Republican claims that the Taliban is holding Americans hostage.

The top U.S. diplomat said the Taliban has agreed to allow anyone to leave as long as they have valid documentation, and he said he is unaware of any “hostage-type” situation.

“It’s my understanding that the Taliban has not denied exit to anyone holding a valid document, but they have said those without valid documents, at this point, can’t leave,” Blinken said.

“Because all of these people are grouped together, that’s meant that flights have not been allowed to go,” he said.

As an alternative, the State Department has begun facilitating ground transportation of U.S. citizens and others, including the departure of four U.S. citizens on Monday.

That departure marked the first overland evacuation facilitated by the State Department since the U.S. military withdrew from Afghanistan last week. The Taliban was aware of the operation and did not impede the Americans’ safe passage, said a State Department official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive mission.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No, the Taliban cannot be trusted.

I'm not sure what all is going on right now in Afghanistan. The people I know who are still there are in hiding, and I'm having a difficult time getting any real information.

Hearing reports that the Taliban are in the Panjshir valley, but not conquered it, still just fighting...

I know if the panjshir valley falls to the Taliban a great evil is in the world, greater than we realize, greater than we have known.

That's what I'm waiting to see...

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
… or the axis of evil?

Yea, I'm a bit skeptical when US presidents use the word evil.....in this case, planting the seeds for the invasion of Iraq....

From Pres. George W Bush SOU speech - January, 2002

"Our second goal is to prevent regimes that sponsor terror from threatening America or our friends and allies with weapons of mass destruction.

Some of these regimes have been pretty quiet since September 11, but we know their true nature. North Korea is a regime arming with missiles and weapons of mass destruction, while starving its citizens.

Iran aggressively pursues these weapons and exports terror, while an unelected few repress the Iranian people's hope for freedom.

Iraq continues to flaunt its hostility toward America and to support terror. The Iraqi regime has plotted to develop anthrax and nerve gas and nuclear weapons for over a decade.

This is a regime that has already used poison gas to murder thousands of its own citizens, leaving the bodies of mothers huddled over their dead children. This is a regime that agreed to international inspections then kicked out the inspectors. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world.

States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to terrorists, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack our allies or attempt to blackmail the United States. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/transcripts/sou012902.htm

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Commercial flights are starting up again in Kabul.

The Taliban is allowing a charter flight with roughly 200 Americans and other foreign citizens to leave Afghanistan on Thursday, according to multiple reports, marking the first air departure from the country after the U.S. completed its troop withdrawal last month.

The Qatar Airways flight is expected to depart from Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport Thursday afternoon and fly to Qatar.

About 200 Afghan dual nationals, including roughly 30 Americans, were given permission to leave, according to The Washington Post. It remains unclear, however, how many people were able to secure safe passage to the airport.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A commercial flight took off from Kabul airport on Thursday for the first time since the Taliban seized Afghanistan, hours after the militants cleared a group of Americans and other foreign nationals to leave the country.

It is unclear at this stage whether or how many Americans were on board the Qatar Airways flight, reported earlier to be bound for Doha, or the nationalities of the other passengers.

A US official and a source with knowledge of the matter had earlier said the Taliban had cleared around 200 people, including American citizens, to fly out.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Wednesday blamed the grounding of charter flights in Mazar-i-Sharif, northern Afghanistan, on the Taliban, saying that the militant group was not allowing them to leave.

The Taliban claimed "that some of the passengers do not have the required documentation," Blinken said.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
A commercial flight took off from Kabul airport on Thursday for the first time since the Taliban seized Afghanistan, hours after the militants cleared a group of Americans and other foreign nationals to leave the country.

It is unclear at this stage whether or how many Americans were on board the Qatar Airways flight, reported earlier to be bound for Doha, or the nationalities of the other passengers.

A US official and a source with knowledge of the matter had earlier said the Taliban had cleared around 200 people, including American citizens, to fly out.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Wednesday blamed the grounding of charter flights in Mazar-i-Sharif, northern Afghanistan, on the Taliban, saying that the militant group was not allowing them to leave.

The Taliban claimed "that some of the passengers do not have the required documentation," Blinken said.

When the Taliban says "Passengers do not have the required documents" it probably means they can't afford to pay the required bribe...that would be my guess.

Upvote 0