British Court: Bible Belief Is Incompatible With Human Dignity

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The article notes that even those who don't share his Christian beliefs fear losing their right to free speech. That's a problem people who agree with this censorship will face when they are no longer able to speak their minds.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Link: British Court In Transgender Case: Bible Belief Is ‘Incompatible With Human Dignity’

On Tuesday, a British court ruled that belief in the bible was "Incompatible with human dignity'"

The statement came in a case involving Dr. David Mackereth, a devout Christian who had worked as an emergency doctor for the National Health Service for 26 years. He was fired from his job because he refused to call a biological man a woman.
Darn! The article won't download for me. It keeps saying 'error'.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The article notes that even those who don't share his Christian beliefs fear losing their right to free speech. That's a problem people who agree with this censorship will face when they are no longer able to speak their minds.
God told us thousands of years ago it would get this way. Can we really act surprised that it has?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Here is probably what is set up to be the 'money' quote, since you can't load it:

The court’s ruling stated: “Belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others, specifically here, transgender individuals.” The court added. “… in so far as those beliefs form part of his wider faith, his wider faith also does not satisfy the requirement of being worthy of respect in a democratic society, not incompatible with human dignity and not in conflict with the fundamental rights of others.”
I...I just don't know what to say to that that wouldn't be construed as incredibly mean to people who probably don't need any more of that in their lives, so I'll follow my mother's advice from when I was a child and say nothing at all. In fact, that might've been a good rule for the defendant in this case when his boss apparently asked him for his personal opinion regarding transgenderism and what he would do in a hypothetical situation that he apparently hadn't even faced on the job:

Mackereth told the court in July that his line manager had asked him, “If you have a man six foot tall with a beard who says he wants to be addressed as ‘she’ and ‘Mrs’ would you do that?” Mackereth said that because of his religious beliefs, he could not, and his job was subsequently terminated.
(Then again, there's also the very real question in a situation like this of how much you really want to work for an employer who bases your employment on your answer to hypothetical questions concerning your religion. Thank God such questioning is illegal in the United States. I dunno about you guys, but I'm really beginning to come around on this whole "American Revolution" thing...I think it was probably a good thing to do, in the long run. :D)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is probably what is set up to be the 'money' quote, since you can't load it:

The court’s ruling stated: “Belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others, specifically here, transgender individuals.” The court added. “… in so far as those beliefs form part of his wider faith, his wider faith also does not satisfy the requirement of being worthy of respect in a democratic society, not incompatible with human dignity and not in conflict with the fundamental rights of others.”
I...I just don't know what to say to that that wouldn't be construed as incredibly mean to people who probably don't need any more of that in their lives, so I'll follow my mother's advice from when I was a child and say nothing at all. In fact, that might've been a good rule for the defendant in this case when his boss apparently asked him for his personal opinion regarding transgenderism and what he would do in a hypothetical situation that he apparently hadn't even faced on the job:

Mackereth told the court in July that his line manager had asked him, “If you have a man six foot tall with a beard who says he wants to be addressed as ‘she’ and ‘Mrs’ would you do that?” Mackereth said that because of his religious beliefs, he could not, and his job was subsequently terminated.
(Then again, there's also the very real question in a situation like this of how much you really want to work for an employer who bases your employment on your answer to hypothetical questions concerning your religion. Thank God such questioning is illegal in the United States. I dunno about you guys, but I'm really beginning to come around on this whole "American Revolution" thing...I think it was probably a good thing to do, in the long run. :D)

And there's also the issue of just how much assimilation we all will be asked to continue to make to the already existing and growing Mark and Image of the Beast. But, that is a discussion for another thread ...

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Lack of belief in transgenderism [is] incompatible with human dignity....his [Christian] faith does not satisfy the requirement of being worthy of respect in a democratic society."

Well, well, well. Soon, a Christian in our "democratic societies" will have approximately the same status as a Jew in Germany during the Third Reich.

I wonder what will replace Western Civilization when it finally goes belly-up for good? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I double checked the link and it's working for me. Maybe just type in the link title into google and see if it shows up. It's a really good article.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wow, in print a Christian" is not worthy of respect in society." ......This is just the beginning and whilst we know we've been told that this is what's in store for us, its still sobering to read.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need a new phone. It's going all squirrelly on me.
I double checked the link and it's working for me. Maybe just type in the link title into google and see if it shows up. It's a really good article.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I need a new phone. It's going all squirrelly on me.

I know what you mean. I once had a cell phone for 9 years. Worked fine till I dropped it in water.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes here we have the First Amendment, but I wonder for how long.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And I'm sure these are the same people who would say that murdering babies is a human right. The level of their depravity is astounding.

Even if you take the Bible and Christianity out of the equation, their ideology is completely unscientific. Why are they trying to force everybody to support and reinforce the delusions of these mentally ill people? And if they try to say that these people are sane, then why should everybody else have to support their subjective view of themselves? If some schizophrenic said that they were Queen Elizabeth, should everybody in the UK have to treat them and address them as if they were the Queen? I would hope not but give it 10 or 20 years and lets see how much further they can sink.

Upvote 0