United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I saw that, and it was not unexpected.
But as you say, observation, freedom of speech, and a rendering of personal opinion are part and parcel of the Diplomatic Service of every country.:wave:

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Freedom of speech is not the issue when it comes to the actions expected of an ambassador. He serves only with the permission of the host country, and attacking that host is a well-established way to have that ambassador be recalled and replaced.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, it's important for people to know who they're dealing with in order to develop a coherent plan moving forward. And really - are any of those observations of Trump newsworthy?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
My apologies to all concerned for the court jester that our Foreign Minister sent over to the USA as our ambassador.
He seems to have a screw loose, may I suggest you put him back in the box and send him right back.

• Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My apologies to all concerned for the court jester that our Foreign Minister sent over to the USA as our ambassador.
He seems to have a screw loose, may I suggest you put him back in the box and send him right back.

Send Benny Hill in his place, he would have been a much better choice to begin with. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Send Benny Hill in his place, he would have been a much better choice to begin with. :oldthumbsup:
Well since Mr Hill died in 1992 around the same time President Trump was divorcing his first wife because she caught him having an affair with the woman who became his second wife, he might well be the perfect choice for President Trump. :wave:
tulc(good suggestion) :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well since Mr Hill died in 1992

I'm well aware of that, but there are too many stiff upper lips in positions representing the Commonwealth that shouldn't be.

around the same time President Trump was divorcing his first wife because she caught him having an affair with the woman who became his second wife :wave:

Didn't you forget to mention Bubba's bimbos? :idea: You're slipping tulc more covefe is required. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm well aware of that, but there are too many stiff upper lips in positions representing the Commonwealth that shouldn't be.
Just checking, hey! maybe Frederick Douglass could be our ambassador to the UK? You know, two dead guys, being diplomats in the 21st century? :scratch:

Didn't you forget to mention Bubba's bimbos?
...I don't remember a "bubba" being mentioned in the OP. So why would I bring who ever that is up in a thread not about him? :wave:

:idea: You're slipping tulc
Quick Gigimo! To the coffee pole!
DDWTEyOEK_01w-7ZKBLaDTAEiytPFXZXoQkXuTt0eL0uCsrzdR-4Lg-mwydXGiO2G63U9A=s170

more covefe is required. :oldthumbsup:
As always, a great suggestion! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(will raise his newly refilled cup in appreciation of Gigimo!) :coffee:

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Absolutely right!
Benny Hill is far more gifted and suitable for the job.
I will advise the Foreign Office to expedite that course of action immediately.
It will take a little time as Mr Hill has been dead many years, but once we have him stuffed and padded out, we'll get him over their to continue our representation.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
around the same time President Trump was divorcing his first wife because she caught him having an affair with the woman who became his second wife, he might well be the perfect choice for President Trump. :wave:

...I don't remember a "bubba" being mentioned in the OP. So why would I bring who ever that is up in a thread not about him? :wave:

Lets see the top one wasn't in the OP that was your addition so as far as I'm concerned that opened the door to a comparison with the "Bubbster", your fault not mine so don't :swoon:

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It will take a little time as Mr Hill has been dead many years, but once we have him stuffed and padded out, we'll get him over their to continue our representation.

:ebil:

I didn't know about Benny until I was assigned to RAF Wethersfield in early 1980 and seen him on the telly in the All Ranks Club lounge. His type of comedy was more what I was used to than some of your other comedians so needless to say I watched him the most while I was there. If you put him and the 3 Stooges together for a short movie that would probably be very entertaining to say the least. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets see the top one wasn't in the OP that was your addition so as far as I'm concerned that opened the door to a comparison with the "Bubbster", your fault not mine so don't :swoon:
uhmmm...you suggested a guy who died in 1992 be ambassador so I looked up what President Trump was doing in 1992 and the rest, as they say, was history. :)
tulc(is going to get some coffee and find a car right now, in that order) :coffee: :bluecar:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely right!
Benny Hill is far more gifted and suitable for the job.
I will advise the Foreign Office to expedite that course of action immediately.

PERFECT!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The UK Ambassador to the US apparently ridiculed the President in diplomatic cables. Freedom of speech and personal opinion, so I don't have any opinion on that. Just thought you folks may want to know.

Link:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Trump isn't inept. His crass disregard is a feature, not a bug. We have seen the rise of a new, shrill kind of politics in the US that prefers to tear down the system destructively rather than engage in anything constructive.

There's an old Irish joke/proverb about an angel that comes down from heaven and asks a farmer "Ask for whatever you may wish, and I'll do twice as much as what you wish for to your neighbor". So the farmer says "take out one of my eyes".

I'm guessing that's a royal "we".

• Informative
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0