Britain is the worst-hit country outside of the US and Brazil. But it STILL won't wear masks

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Walk into any busy store in England or board a train on London's cramped underground system and you will see dozens of people unmasked. And you can forget about face coverings at recently reopened pubs... that's about as likely as a free pint of beer.

This despite the UK being one of the world's worst-hit countries by coronavirus -- it stands third behind Brazil and the United States -- with almost 45,000 fatalities.

Britain is the worst-hit country outside of the US and Brazil. It STILL won't wear masks - CNN

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Walk into any busy store in England or board a train on London's cramped underground system and you will see dozens of people unmasked. And you can forget about face coverings at recently reopened pubs... that's about as likely as a free pint of beer.

This despite the UK being one of the world's worst-hit countries by coronavirus -- it stands third behind Brazil and the United States -- with almost 45,000 fatalities.

Britain is the worst-hit country outside of the US and Brazil. It STILL won't wear masks - CNN
How does a country wear a mask? And how do you drink or eat in a pub with a mask on? Just curious?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Seriously? I go to work every day on the bus. Guess what masks at the least where I live are worn 90% of time. In terms of pubs, you can't drink wearing a mask, and only idiots go to busy pubs, but as someone who as enjoyed several good pub meals with 5m social distancing I'm not exactly concerned.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at China. A nation who have worn masks more than any other over the years. Didnt stop the virus from spreading now did it!
Judge for yourself whether China stopped the virus, starting in March... --

5e7c93a8671de0769c5d0cd5

The US is well on the way to having a coronavirus outbreak worse than China's or even Italy's (March 26th article)

Up to date China graphs here:
China Coronavirus: 83,594 Cases and 4,634 Deaths - Worldometer
and here's the U.S.--
United States Coronavirus: 3,411,300 Cases and 137,773 Deaths - Worldometer

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,418.00
Faith
Christian
Not ANOTHER mask thread... For goodness sake.

Anyway, I'm from Brighton, UK and you can't even walk onto the platform without a mask on. Nor can you walk into a barbershop without one.

This law is UK-wide.

Right, PLEASE find another topic to talk about. I'm losing the will to live.

Edit:No disrespect to you personally John Boy - honestly.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Look at China. A nation who have worn masks more than any other over the years. Didnt stop the virus from spreading now did it!

China curbed their infection spread. Or you can look at other Asian countries (especially Japan) where mask-wearing is the norm yet they've managed to avoid catastrophic outbreaks.

Masks work. Not sure why people continue to resist things that can save people's lives.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How does a country wear a mask? And how do you drink or eat in a pub with a mask on? Just curious?
Where did you see someone say that a country wears "a mask"? I didn't see anyone say such a thing. I see that the OP says people in England aren't wearing masks, but nowhere that a country won't wear a mask. Perhaps you saw that somewhere outside of this thread? If so, ask there.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did you see someone say that a country wears "a mask"? I didn't see anyone say such a thing. I see that the OP says people in England aren't wearing masks, but nowhere that a country won't wear a mask. Perhaps you saw that somewhere outside of this thread? If so, ask there.
Some people get sarcasm and some don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't try too pass it off as sarcasm after the fact
It was in fact, sarcasm. The headline made me lol.
"Britain is the worst-hit country outside of the US and Brazil. But it STILL won't wear masks."
It won't wear masks? Shouldn't that be: The British people won't wear masks?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting that upto 73% of Americans wear masks compared to just 36% in the UK. Indeed more Americans are wearing masks than Canadians(60%).

Source?

Just anecdotal, but up until recently I'd typically see about 50% of people with masks on in the grocery store. My city recently mandated masks for all public spaces and on my latest trip, every customer had one on (though oddly a couple of the store staff did not).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums