Bristol Palin: A Bone To Pick With Obama Over Gay Marriage

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Being an exhibitionist twenty-something unwed single mom in the Unitd States of America seems to be good for $$$,$$$-business, though...?

Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching....

I'm at a complete loss as to who would ever pay her apparently outrageous speaking fees. What of interest could she possibly have to say as a paid speaker? She's an uneducated young woman who had a child out of wedlock, and is the daughter of a former candidate for vice president and state governor.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm at a complete loss as to who would ever pay her apparently outrageous speaking fees. What of interest could she possibly have to say as a paid speaker? She's an uneducated young woman who had a child out of wedlock, and is the daughter of a former candidate for vice president and state governor.

People with fewer qualifications than that have been given similar attention, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Everyone is entitled to his opinion, yes? Those already in the limelight get to speak to issues in the limelite... I don't see where her opinion is any less of one of say a movie star giving an opinion of foreign policy.

Which is why Bristol is getting the same treatment as any other know-nothing celeb.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bristol's blog post was actually well reasoned and written. It can be read in it's entirety for context here. She makes a goo point
Yep, the twit did make a goo point.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No wonder the country is such a mess, with so many parents trying to be pals and equals with their children. Children need parents to guide and teach them because they haven't learned to make reasonable decisions for themselves. I find it disturbing when parent's put that much pressure on young children. They're not ready to make those decisions. Obama shows dangerously poor judgment by allowing his children's purely emotional reactions to so dramatically color his public policy decisions. Parents, it's time to grow up and be adults.

Painfully Stupid Anti-Gay Commercial "I'm Confused" - YouTube

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yup. She is 20-something, yet still has no education, academic or vocational, and no job. Looks like she's trying to establish herself as some sort of reality star persona, the modern equivalent of a court clown and village idiot. She certainly seems qualified for that, given that she is able to get airtime just for airing the air between her ears, not unlike the lady who raised her.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Yup. She is 20-something, yet still has no education, academic or vocational, and no job. Looks like she's trying to establish herself as some sort of reality star persona, the modern equivalent of a court clown and village idiot. She certainly seems qualified for that, given that she is able to get airtime just for airing the air between her ears, not unlike the lady who raised her.

Pretty much. I mean, if you got 15 grand to blow on a speaker, you might as well get someone who has a purpose and accomplished something in life. Like an accomplished scientist, celebrated author, successful diplomat or widely revered religious leader.

Not some twit from Alaska whose only positive qualities appear to be managing to get knocked up while her mother was governor and a VP candidate.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Pssshhhhhahahahaha....

Is that for real? "Oh noez if we allow gay marriage our children will be exposed to reality, and we'll have to explain it!" That's just adorable :D

Any idea that needs protection from reality doesn't deserve it.

Reactions: Archaeopteryx
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pretty much. I mean, if you got 15 grand to blow on a speaker, you might as well get someone who has a purpose and accomplished something in life. Like an accomplished scientist, celebrated author, successful diplomat or widely revered religious leader.

Not some twit from Alaska whose only positive qualities appear to be managing to get knocked up while her mother was governor and a VP candidate.

What do you know -- looks like little Ms. Palin does, indeed, have a little reality show to promote:

Britsol [sic] Palin's Show: First Look At 'Life's A Tripp' On Lifetime About Single Motherhood

I have to say, though, that with the dismal US teen pregnancy stats, a show promoting teen momhood and single motherhood just doesn't seem like the smartest idea. Yet one more battle lost in the cultural war between Christian morals & conservative values vs. Mammon & anything-goes liberal values.
UKB7MX9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you know -- looks like little Ms. Palin does, indeed, have a little reality show to promote:

Britsol [sic] Palin's Show: First Look At 'Life's A Tripp' On Lifetime About Single Motherhood

I have to say, though, that with the dismal US teen pregnancy stats, a show promoting teen momhood and single motherhood just doesn't seem like the smartest idea. Yet one more battle lost in the cultural war between Christian morals & conservative values vs. Mammon & anything-goes liberal values.
UKB7MX9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
More power to her. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite -- may she be a role model to all the other girls who couldn't keep the aspirin between their knees. ;)
We don't know if she's going to portray herself as a role model or use the show to make the case for waiting for marriage to have a family. So good job jumping the gun.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We don't know if she's going to portray herself as a role model or use the show to make the case for waiting for marriage to have a family. So good job jumping the gun.

A self-deprecating reality show, then? (Intentional, as opposed to Jersey Shore and its ilk)

Hope springs eternal -- if you think the Palin camp will let Bristol sell herself out as a cautionary tale, all I can say is the money must've been pretty good.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A self-deprecating reality show, then? (Intentional, as opposed to Jersey Shore and its ilk)

Hope springs eternal -- if you think the Palin camp will let Bristol sell herself out as a cautionary tale, all I can say is the money must've been pretty good.
Congrats on the inflammatory language. Congrats to Bristol finding a way to raise her child as a single mother during these economic times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Congrats on the inflammatory language.

I was going to use some of the same terms Mr. Limbaugh has used in the past, , but those are reserved for liberal women, aren't they?

Congrats to Bristol finding a way to raise her child as a single mother during these economic times.
Right, because the Palin family is so poor.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right, because the Palin family is so poor.
The Palin family members have been resourceful across the generations, avoiding the results we see endured by other families during the Food Stamp Administration

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Palin family members have been resourceful across the generations, avoiding the results we see endured by other families during the Food Stamp Administration

Indeed -- Bristol comes from a long line of American heroes.

First she got herself knocked up, then she became a celebrity for getting herself knocked up, now she's selling the intimate details of her daily life to cable television -- either to glorify her life and decisions, or as a "don't let this happen to you" tale.

A pity she didn't do this sooner; she's could've gotten on MTV's "16 and Pregnant" with the other American heroes who are enduring.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I can't believe there is actually a thread about the youthful Palin offspring and what she had to say...

No wonder she'll have a TV show, but at least there it is because there are 395 stations with nothing on. Here, I can't fathom what the excuse is.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Bristol Palin is a prime example of our capitalistic "meritocracy" at work.

Upvote 0