Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably more in actions than in words. So that they see the difference being Spirit filled and walking with Christ makes in your life. A kind attitude of calm compassion speaks so loudly.

Reactions: Shempster
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some of my friends seem to be very distant from God ever since University. How can I bring my friends have an intimate relationship with God again? They still consider themselves as "Christians" but not devout. All great people and love them!
Know the truth and then tell them about it, and talk with them about it when the opportunities present themselves, after you know the truth...

Shining the light of understanding can go a long way, do that with them...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Grow closer to God with much contemplative, and prayerful Bible reading, and be filled with grace, so that your holiness impacts them, and they may find themselves thinking as a result of it.

But apart from this, the strongest answer is: earnest prayer, coupled with leading a holy life, fully surrendered to God. It is God's will that His children be holy, therefore it is your duty as a Christian to pray for it :)

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LongLiveTheChrist

Jul 19, 2017
Texas
✟9,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Invite them to go perform Godly acts of kindness with you, such as going to homeless shelters and talking to people about God, or invite them to volunteer with you at hospitals, where people are in pain. You can also invite them to walk with you through the park, so you can talk about the beauty of God with them.

Try to get them to street evangelize with you. That would also be great.

You can bring a horse to the water, but you can't force the horse to drink.
They may or may not even want to be Christians anymore. You can only do your best to encourage them.

God bless and Jesus be with you.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Some of my friends seem to be very distant from God ever since University. How can I bring my friends have an intimate relationship with God again? They still consider themselves as "Christians" but not devout. All great people and love them!
First off I would say that no one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. Be a representative of Jesus in their life. Show them Christs love in your actions. I am not saying to get all showboaty here. A genuine relationship with Christ will produce fruit. By concerning yourself with how you present yourself as a Christian in your walk with Christ others will take notice. Pray, pray, pray. God answers prayer. Always intercede for those you are concerned for. And above all, listen to God's directions. He may ask you to do things, or even change certain things in your life to reach these people.

Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a few religious friends. Incidentally, they're the most relevant friends of mine.
I think, given the past trials I've dealt with, I just don't want a lot to do with people who are atheists- they don't believe in God because their life never warranted a conviction for Him- they're dry bones as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not a saint, but I still don't desire bad influence- people with an insight for God are good company for me.

Upvote 0