Bring the Kingdom of Christ and the Word to life.

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, we are indeed living in the Kingdom of Christ of which He is the king, but in every kingdom there are also rebels fighting against the king. In this world this is evil, and it rebels against the Truth that is Christ. Does that mean that evil is the king of the world? Certainly not! Christ allows that, but when the time comes He picks up the rebels, and throws them into the deepest dungeons. Many think that the Kingdom comes from one day to the next, but in my opinion that is not the case. No, the Kingdom is like a house that one builds. It happens stone by stone. The Kingdom is as Christ says as a mustard seed, it starts small, because the mustard seed is a very small seed, but once it is fully grown it is one of the largest plants there are. Let us therefore work together with Christ on that Kingdom. There are people who think they should not do anything, I do not believe in that. We need to work together for a better world. We are supposed to work together, with Christ, on a world that is worthy of being called His Kingdom. And many do this, and I'm glad about that. For a Leader only becomes alive by the servants who do His Word. The Word therefore becomes alive only by those who do the Word. One can speak of Christ, but if one does not do what Christ asks them, then their faith is like a dead faith. They do not then bring the Word to life. One can only show Christ in the world, by doing the Word. Not just by talking about the Word. After all, Christ becomes clearly visible in our actions and our works. The Kingdom thus becomes alive, through our works and actions in it. If no one works on the Kingdom anymore, then the King sits there on his throne, but his entire Kingdom is in ruins. Because one does this and the other does so, but nobody does what the King orders. We need to do what our King orders us to do. But that can be something different for everyone, that's why we do not have to judge each other on what we believe Christ asks us to do. Because what we do, somebody else may not have to do and what the other person does, we might not be able to do. That is why I think it is bad, and I have already said that we look too much at our own actions and judge others accordingly. It does not work like that in my eyes. Paul is very clear: does the hand then do what the foot does?

We each have our own talents, and we each have our own "orders" from Christ. Let us not work against each other, but work together on a Kingdom that rejoices Christ. Let us have love for each other.

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Basically I agree with the format of the Op to the extent that is is the rightful King in place and not the shadow of the substance. When kingship was first put in place it was due to the rejection of the rule of God and God was very explicit as to what the service to a puppet king would entail. It's not being a hand or foot according to what the world says you are but according to God's own appointment for and at the moment of having His presence amongst His citizens.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree that the kingdom of Christ has come to earth as of yet. The prophets all across the board describe this era much different than we see today. The kingdom idea is expressed two fold and they are separate ideas and prophecies. Being saved is being sealed into the spiritual kingdom of Jesus Christ. So those who see this as the only kingdom will not agree with how the Bible describes the earth when the kingdom comes to it. In Rev 11 we see an angel make a proclamation that the kingdoms of this earth have become the kingdoms of the LORD and his Christ and He shall reign forever. Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of this world at a time if Jesus would bow down to him. The fact is Satan is still the ruler of this world until the Lord returns. In Rev we see the day the antichrist and false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire for 1000 years. At that same time it says the nations who were deceived by the dragon will no longer be deceived for 1000 years. It says that Satan is bound that long and released at the end to bring in one last rebellion at the end of the 1000 years. Also those beheaded for refunish the mark will live and reign with the Lord for 1000 years. We have not yet seen this day. All the prophecies point to a time when the Lord rules from Jerusalem and the kingdom has no end but begins at the 2nd coming and continues when the new Jerusalem comes down. There are hundreds of prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I disagree that the kingdom of Christ has come to earth as of yet. The prophets all across the board describe this era much different than we see today. The kingdom idea is expressed two fold and they are separate ideas and prophecies. Being saved is being sealed into the spiritual kingdom of Jesus Christ. So those who see this as the only kingdom will not agree with how the Bible describes the earth when the kingdom comes to it. In Rev 11 we see an angel make a proclamation that the kingdoms of this earth have become the kingdoms of the LORD and his Christ and He shall reign forever. Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of this world at a time if Jesus would bow down to him. The fact is Satan is still the ruler of this world until the Lord returns. In Rev we see the day the antichrist and false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire for 1000 years. At that same time it says the nations who were deceived by the dragon will no longer be deceived for 1000 years. It says that Satan is bound that long and released at the end to bring in one last rebellion at the end of the 1000 years. Also those beheaded for refunish the mark will live and reign with the Lord for 1000 years. We have not yet seen this day. All the prophecies point to a time when the Lord rules from Jerusalem and the kingdom has no end but begins at the 2nd coming and continues when the new Jerusalem comes down. There are hundreds of prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

Luke 11:20 KJV
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dan describes the kingdom coming to earth as descnding from heaven as a stone cut without hands and it crushes the image of mans kingdoms and leaves no trace of them and this kingdom becomes a mountain the covers the whole earth and is a kingdom that will have no end. Does this world resemble one with Satan in chains and the rule of mans kingdoms gone and only the rule of Christ in charge? It looks to me that the world is given over to evil and ripe for accepting the anitchrist. Read Zech 14 it shows what happens on the day the LORD is king over all the earth. The Mt of Olives will split in two on that day. Read it let me know what you think and consider that the seed of the woman (Christ) crushes the head of the serpent (Satan) this is obvious that the world is still under the sway of the wicked one.

Upvote 0

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Dan describes the kingdom coming to earth as descnding from heaven as a stone cut without hands and it crushes the image of mans kingdoms and leaves no trace of them and this kingdom becomes a mountain the covers the whole earth and is a kingdom that will have no end. Does this world resemble one with Satan in chains and the rule of mans kingdoms gone and only the rule of Christ in charge? It looks to me that the world is given over to evil and ripe for accepting the anitchrist. Read Zech 14 it shows what happens on the day the LORD is king over all the earth. The Mt of Olives will split in two on that day. Read it let me know what you think and consider that the seed of the woman (Christ) crushes the head of the serpent (Satan) this is obvious that the world is still under the sway of the wicked one.

I dissagree

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dissagree
I dissagree
Jesus was offered all the kingdoms of the world at a time by Satan if Jesus would bow down and worship him. If the LORD had taken the authority over the earth at the time he was raised or ascended or at Pentecost why would John write of a day in the future where the angel would proclaim that the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of the LORD and His Christ and his kingdom will have no end? Rev says the beast has total authority for 42 months before he and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire and Satan is bound for 1000 years. It also says the nations will not be deceived for 1000 year and that they were before. So are the nations deceived now? Has Satan been released? If the LORD was running things the kingdom would not look like our world.

Upvote 0

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was offered all the kingdoms of the world at a time by Satan if Jesus would bow down and worship him. If the LORD had taken the authority over the earth at the time he was raised or ascended or at Pentecost why would John write of a day in the future where the angel would proclaim that the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of the LORD and His Christ and his kingdom will have no end? Rev says the beast has total authority for 42 months before he and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire and Satan is bound for 1000 years. It also says the nations will not be deceived for 1000 year and that they were before. So are the nations deceived now? Has Satan been released? If the LORD was running things the kingdom would not look like our world.

Jesus had gotten the power over the earth at the end. Not when satan showed him all the Kingdoms. Jesus Himself says he has all power over earth and heaven.
Jesus also refers to the Kingdom as a mustardseed. Do you understand how a mustardseed grows? Does it form a plant immidiatly? No, it grows overtime and it will become the biggest plant there is.
Also John says he is a servant in the Kingdom of Christ in revelations.

Revelation 1 9I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:18 KJV
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Matthew 13
24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
33Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
34All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
35That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
51Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 7 and Rev 13 both have an individual who is persecuting the saints at the time the kingdom is established. Both have this person in charge for a final 42 months in Rev 13 and a times times and half a time in Dan 7 then the kingdom is established. We see in Revelation that Satan is supposed to be bound when the saints are ruling with Christ. I think dismissing the possibility a lot of prophecy is still future in light of world conditions with Israel being a nation and having prepared everything for the return of the sacrifice you might be missing the literal fulfillment of the events described. I agree Jesus is LORD and he is and always was king. He gave dominion over the earth to man and man forfeited it. Satan is a usurper but if you look at Daniel 7 closely you see the dominion is taken away at the time the kingdom comes. Jesus is the seed of the woman who will crush the head of the serpent and that too is at the 2nd coming. The kingdom is both a spiritual standing and an eventual historic reality. In Zech 14 the LORD is king over the earth when he comes and the Nt of Olives splits in two forming the new valley and new river. It is then that the nations are required to come and keep the feast of tabernacles or they will get no rain. This is the day the LORD fights and melts His enemies. Psalm 110 the LORD said to my Lord sit at my right hand until I make your enemies my foot stool. Jesus is at the right hand and his enemies are not destroyed yet. The prophets all describe the same events and timeline of what is too come. Jesus certainly has all power as he said he could summon legions of angels but still went to the cross. There is the day of vengeance of God and all his robes will be covered in the blood as He alone treads that winepress of the wrath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, we are indeed living in the Kingdom of Christ of which He is the king, but in every kingdom there are also rebels fighting against the king.

865 The Church is ultimately one, holy, catholic, and apostolic in her deepest and ultimate identity, because it is in her that "the Kingdom of heaven," the "Reign of God,"380 already exists and will be fulfilled at the end of time. The kingdom has come in the person of Christ and grows mysteriously in the hearts of those incorporated into him, until its full eschatological manifestation. Then all those he has redeemed and made "holy and blameless before him in love,"381 will be gathered together as the one People of God, the "Bride of the Lamb,"382 "the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God."383 For "the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Catechism of the Catholic Church - PART 1 SECTION 2 CHAPTER 3 ARTICLE 9 PARAGRAPH 3

Upvote 0