Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, I closed out my thread in the staff area similar to this one since I have chosen to leave staff.

And here I am starting a new thread.

Got a question for me? Feel free to ask! I'm an open book! :)
Well, I'm a little sad now, I've always known you to be important around here. Why have you chosen to leave staff? If its too personal, that's okay, or you can PM me if its going to cause any trouble by me asking. I'm just sorry to hear this.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I'm a little sad now, I've always known you to be important around here. Why have you chosen to leave staff? If its too personal, that's okay, or you can PM me if its going to cause any trouble by me asking. I'm just sorry to hear this.

I always told myself that if I could not back Erwin 1000% (and that's not a typo with an extra zero) then it would be time for me to leave staff.

The changes he has in store for CF that have been done or will be done in the near future are very exciting. However, some of them I just could not stand behind and give my support. So it became time for me to move on.

I hope it didn't get you in any trouble by asking or by me answering. If it did, my apologies!

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
What did you do when the site was down?

Amazingly did a lot of work at work. ;) Actually when all the changes were coming and the board was down I was getting ready to go away on vacation so there was a lot at my job that I had to take care of before I left so I was able to concentrate and get that stuff done.

And played games on Pogo. ;)

Upvote 0

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟61,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I always told myself that if I could not back Erwin 1000% (and that's not a typo with an extra zero) then it would be time for me to leave staff.
I can understand that, really.

AngelAmidala said:
The changes he has in store for CF that have been done or will be done in the near future are very exciting. However, some of them I just could not stand behind and give my support. So it became time for me to move on.
I understand about the not standing behind and giving support to some of the things going on here lately. If the Lord doesn't give Erwin the guidance to stop some of the things, this place could very well leave the Lord's work & His people behind and replace it with goats if you get my drift.

AngelAmidala said:
I hope it didn't get you in any trouble by asking or by me answering. If it did, my apologies!
No worries, according to the new rules, we can talk about this kind of thing openly, I believe. Thanks so much for letting me understand where you are coming from, I know you worked closely with Erwin for a while and if anyone knows what is going on, you do. I respect your decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi!!!! :hug:

1. What is the biggest problem in the world today?
2. Do you have a solution to that problem?
3. What do you believe it takes for a person to get into Heaven?
4. If it were possible to know 100% sure how to get into Heaven would you want to know how?
5. The next question is to get your opinion on these four steps to peace and eternal life. Do you agree or disagree with each step?
http://www.geocities.com/campuschris...ws/4steps.html

6. The last question is a hypothetical question. If you were to die right now, and God were to ask you, give me one good reason why I should allow you to enter into Heaven, what would you say?

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

Hello! :)

These are some real thought-provoking questions!

1. What is the biggest problem in the world today?

There are so many huge problems it's hard to pick just one. I guess the thing that sticks out most in my mind is how much hatred there is towards people who are different in so many ways. I'm not just talking about what we look like...but the different beliefs out there, the different countries people come from, languages people speak, etc. I think most of the folks here at CF don't have that problem. But in the world as a whole we see it...especially in terroristic acts and stuff.

2. Do you have a solution to that problem?

Not really. Unfortunately I think there will always be people somewhere who have something against someone else for whatever reason. It may be because of something as simple as their hair color or more complex like the country they live in. All I can do is be the best person I am and love others, even if they hate me back.

3. What do you believe it takes for a person to get into Heaven?

I think they have to believe in Christ and act as such. That's the simple way of putting it. You have to do more than just saying you believe in Christ. You have to do actions that show others that you do. (They always say, actions speak louder than words.) I'm not saying you have to go around the world and preach the Word of G-d. But if you say you believe in Christ and you're going around killing people or stealing from them or something....that's not a good sign.

4. If it were possible to know 100% sure how to get into Heaven would you want to know how?

Yes. Though I believe that this is possible by spending time reading through the Bible. I understand that different faiths have different ideas on this. But for my own self, the Bible tells me what I need to know. :)

5. The next question is to get your opinion on these four steps to peace and eternal life. Do you agree or disagree with each step?
http://www.geocities.com/campuschris...ws/4steps.html

I agree with each of the steps. I especially like the chart in Step 2. I think it's important to note that as Christians we should do these things. But doing them without accepting Christ as our L-rd and Savior (as Step 3 states) it's nothing.

6. The last question is a hypothetical question. If you were to die right now, and God were to ask you, give me one good reason why I should allow you to enter into Heaven, what would you say?

Just one?

I would say that I believe in Him and His Son with my whole heart and I know that I made mistakes but I also know He sent His Son to die for those sins that I did. And I would confess any of my sins that I hadn't confessed.

Really intriguing questions! :)

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Keeping in mind all the polls that are out. What do you think the next step should be for CF?

Everyone's making me think today. ;)

I think whatever the choice it needs to be a combination of what both the general membership and the staff wants.

When Erwin made all these latest changes, his goal was to put the emphasis on the membership, and at least from my original understanding (which this may have changed since I left staff) staff was really only around to ensure that any bad posts and actions by members were handled. Everything else (creating rules and policy) was to be member-initiated.

I think no matter what Erwin, the staff, and the membership decide, there will be people unhappy. In my response to Lily00's questions above, I mentioned that no matter what, at some point there will be someone somewhere who has a problem with something. I think the same thing can be said of a large board like CF. It could be little things that make people unhappy (too many frivolous features) or big things (new rule changes, the way to get on staff, etc.).

I know that Erwin is trying his best to make as many people happy as possible. But this is a new position for the general membership...having more of a say in how things are done here. I think they too may need to realize that not everyone will be happy. It doesn't mean necessarily that things failed. It just means you have people who don't agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Can you believe it is already Aug?

Oh man....no...I can't!!

I work in a college so "summer" starts for us in mid-May. And everyone always says, "Oh great! Now we've got 3 months off!" but for us...summer goes by so quickly. Once we get past July 4th...it seems summer is just about over. :eek:

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Are you getting sick of summer?

Not really. I actually like summer. :)

The only thing I really don't like about it is the humidity with the heat. It's harder to notice the humidity in the winter when it's cold. But in the summer you can definitely tell it's there!

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
You're coming up with some great questions! :)

Have you ever worked retail before?

No I have not.

To be honest, I think it is like the one thing I'd be worst at. At the college where I work for a time I would help out the Computer Store when all the freshmen were moving onto campus, helping them sell cables and...many years ago....token ring cards when we had our old token ring network. I just hated doing the whole money thing. I had no problem fishing out what a student was asking for. But when it came to the money exchange, it just was not something I really liked to do.

However, my sister works retail and she loves it. :D

Upvote 0