Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
With the True Holy Sprit, "My take" is obviously not yours.

And why would we need to see the wounds in His Hands and His Feet? Gods' word is the proof we Need.

Are you suggesting a route like Thomas? That if we do not see those wound we cannot truly know?
Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. The tomb is empty. He now has an immortal body much superior to His earthly body.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. The tomb is empty. He now has an immortal body much superior to His earthly body.
Your fellow Mormons suggest that He needs to prove to us with the nail prints in His hands and feet of His body, You seem to be way ahead of him, in what you as well only believe to be true ----NOT what you can see, btw.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Your fellow Mormons suggest that He needs to prove to us with the nail prints in His hands and feet of His body, You seem to be way ahead of him, in what you as well only believe to be true ----NOT what you can see, btw.
You said: "You seem to be way ahead of him, in what you as well only believe to be true ----NOT what you can see, btw."

Unlike Thomas I do NOT need to see to believe. It must be true because I actually believe Jesus and what He has stated. Your beliefs are NOT in tune with the Bible or Jesus Christ. Perhaps you should reconsider and believe Jesus Christ and NOT man.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said: "You seem to be way ahead of him, in what you as well only believe to be true ----NOT what you can see, btw."

Unlike Thomas I do NOT need to see to believe. It must be true because I actually believe Jesus and what He has stated. Your beliefs are NOT in tune with the Bible or Jesus Christ. Perhaps you should reconsider and believe Jesus Christ and NOT man.

Then you ought to counsel your fellow Mormon. He seems to be confused.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You still do not believe Jesus Christ? He was resurrected with a immortal body of flesh and bones which He let Thomas handle.

What did Thomas do back then that makes me either agree or disagree with Christ's Words?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What did Thomas do back then that makes me either agree or disagree with Christ's Words?
Thomas' words should be taken in reference to Jesus' own words:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thomas' words should be taken in reference to Jesus' own words:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

This prove what exactly?
The only thing it proves is that;
God in the flesh was ascending to the Father.

Since your instance on putting verses together means something as to truth.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This prove what exactly?
The only thing it proves is that;
God in the flesh was ascending to the Father.

Since your instance on putting verses together means something as to truth.
It proves that Jesus is our brother as He has stated and we have the same God the Father that He has:

(New Testament | Matthew 23:8 - 11)

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It proves that Jesus is our brother as He has stated and we have the same God the Father that He has:

(New Testament | Matthew 23:8 - 11)

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
That was for those who believed in Him, not for those who don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Perhaps you should reconsider and believe Jesus Christ and NOT man--He is the Way

Joseph Smith was a MAN was he not? You seem to have your whole concept turned around as you follow a MAN who claimed to be a prophet, do you not?

Very basic discernment.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you should reconsider and believe Jesus Christ and NOT man--He is the Way

Joseph Smith was a MAN was he not? You seem to have your whole concept turned around as you follow a MAN who claimed to be a prophet, do you not?

Very basic discernment.
Following a prophet of God is a good thing, following someone that conflicts with the words of Jesus Christ is a bad thing.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Following a prophet of God is a good thing, following someone that conflicts with the words of Jesus Christ is a bad thing.
And you have a man in your prophet that conflicts with he words of Jesus Christ. Prophets of the OT all agreed with Christ in many ways. Joseph Smith who wasn't even prophesied about---He made up his god.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And you have a man in your prophet that conflicts with he words of Jesus Christ. Prophets of the OT all agreed with Christ in many ways. Joseph Smith who wasn't even prophesied about---He made up his god.
Why is the tomb of Christ empty?

(New Testament | Matthew 28:6 - 8)

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is the tomb of Christ empty?

(New Testament | Matthew 28:6 - 8)

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
Are you still desperate to prove your "Christ has a flesh and bones body-now" argument?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I believe Him---I don't believe you
Then You do not believe Him because He said:
(New Testament | Luke 24:36 - 43)

36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then You do not believe Him because He said:
(New Testament | Luke 24:36 - 43)

36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

I do NOT believe Christ?
Where do you come up with this nonsense about everyone else?
I believe what He said that applied to THEN

I do NOT believe what you are saying NOW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I do NOT believe Christ?
Where do you come up with this nonsense about everyone else?
I believe what He said that applied to THEN

I do NOT believe what you are saying NOW.
And you have NO idea what happened to His body of flesh and bones. Why are people resurrected from the grave?:

(New Testament | Matthew 27:52)

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
(Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:13)

13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Upvote 0