Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Salvation is through Jesus Christ the Savior:

(New Testament | Acts 4:10 - 12)

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jehovah was the name that Christ used prior to His birth:

(Old Testament | Exodus 6:3)

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Jehovah was the name that Christ used prior to His birth:---he in the Way

Still nothing about Jesus Christ being the mysterious separate God you insist upon. One God, One Lord, and One Jehovah.

I am guessing that ther were multiple millions of OT Jews who lived and died before Christ came. And yet Mormons come along way later and try to tell them they should have been Worshiping Christ.

The sheer arrogance of the Mormon Religion and all the false claims is astounding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Still nothing about Jesus Christ being the mysterious separate God you insist upon. One God, One Lord, and One Jehovah.

I am guessing that ther were multiple millions of OT Jews who lived and died before Christ came. And yet Mormons come along way later and try to tell them they should have been Worshiping Christ.

The sheer arrogance of the Mormon Religion and all the false claims is astounding.
Tell me in detail how HITW demonstrated sheer ignorance by saying that Jehovah was the name Jesus used prior to his birth?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me in detail how HITW demonstrated sheer ignorance by saying that Jehovah was the name Jesus used prior to his birth?

Are you making up what I said again? Go back and reread what you are responding to.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

What Mormons came along way later to tell Israelites they should have been worshiping Christ?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Are you saying that the Jews should not worship Christ?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jamesone5 says:

The God the Israelites were ignorantly worshiping was Jesus Christ. They so confused themselves with other religions and gods that they did not recognize Jesus, their God, when he came to them in the flesh.

Finally, the exact same bad words and thoughts you say about us, we could turn right around and say to you, the exact same bad words, for exactly the same reason you do. But we don't because we respect your scholarship and your testimony of Jesus Christ. We are trying to understand how each of us think about different doctrinal subjects and it is unworthy of anyone to use bad words to describe the other.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jamesone5 says

Jesus Christ was the God of Israel. He was given this power and authority from his God and Father, God the Father. It is Jesus Christ that the Israelites were ignorantly worshiping.

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that the Jews should not worship Christ?

were they [and those who ARE traditional Jews] confused as to who they are to Worship in their ONE True God? .Your confusion is pitifully trying to spread out in to the world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jamesone5 says

Jesus Christ was the God of Israel. He was given this power and authority from his God and Father, God the Father. It is Jesus Christ that the Israelites were ignorantly worshiping.

where does it say THAT in the OT?

And we should all heed you as a Mormon to tell you who are what to Worship.

Pl--ease!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jamesone5 says:

The God the Israelites were ignorantly worshiping was Jesus Christ. They so confused themselves with other religions and gods that they did not recognize Jesus, their God, when he came to them in the flesh.

Finally, the exact same bad words and thoughts you say about us, we could turn right around and say to you, the exact same bad words, for exactly the same reason you do. But we don't because we respect your scholarship and your testimony of Jesus Christ. We are trying to understand how each of us think about different doctrinal subjects and it is unworthy of anyone to use bad words to describe the other.

The God the Israelites were ignorantly worshiping was Jesus Christ.---Peter1000

Now you are claiming millions of Jews were ignorant.

You falsely claimed that exact same thing by what you only misunderstood ME in saying -- --but yet you go with that claim and make it astronomically bigger, for millions of Jews.

Lord have mercy on this lost soul!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
where they [and ARE traditional Jews] confused as to who they are to Worship in their ONE True God? .Your confusion is pitifully trying to spread out in to the world
There is plenty of confusion out there and some of it is from you, Jesus has a body of flesh and bones, He said so.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is plenty of confusion out there and some of it is from you, Jesus has a body of flesh and bones, He said so.

See unlike some people --I question what I would otherwise accept and then call it a Belief or even a "knowing"
As a Belief or Faith is in things unseen---you Mormons actually pretend "you know" what you definitely cannot see. Same thing with Jesus Christ---you act as if you "know" how He exists right now.

That is exactly why I am no longer a Mormon. And I have had Mormons try to change my mind for years.You are just another of many who have tried and failed.

God does not work in what others tell you He is---that is what the Holy Spirit is for.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
See unlike some people --I question what I would otherwise accept and then call it a Belief or even a "knowing"
As a Belief or Faith is in things unseen---you Mormons actually pretend "you know" what you definitely cannot see. Same thing with Jesus Christ---you act as if you "know" how He exists right now.

That is exactly why I am no longer a Mormon. And I have had Mormons try to change my mind for years.You are just another of many who have tried and failed.

God does not work in what others tell you He is---that is what the Holy Spirit is for.

So if, as you say, Christ no longer has an immortal spiritual body of flesh and bones, what happened to it? What will happen to our immortal spiritual bodies after we are resurrected:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:34 - 58)

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The God the Israelites were ignorantly worshiping was Jesus Christ.---Peter1000

Now you are claiming millions of Jews were ignorant.

You falsely claimed that exact same thing by what you only misunderstood ME in saying -- --but yet you go with that claim and make it astronomically bigger, for millions of Jews.

Lord have mercy on this lost soul!
The Lord will have mercy on my soul, simply because I believe in him, and no man can pluck me from his hand.

My claim is exactly right. Millions of Jews over the centuries knew not that Jesus was the God of Israel from Moses to Jesus. Check it out, if they had known, they would have accepted Jesus as their God when he came in the flesh, and did exactly what their God in ancient days said he would do.

If you said that and I misunderstood you, then I apologize, because this is OT/NT 101 for beginners.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord will have mercy on my soul, simply because I believe in him, and no man can pluck me from his hand.

My claim is exactly right. Millions of Jews over the centuries knew not that Jesus was the God of Israel from Moses to Jesus. Check it out, if they had known, they would have accepted Jesus as their God when he came in the flesh, and did exactly what their God in ancient days said he would do.

If you said that and I misunderstood you, then I apologize, because this is OT/NT 101 for beginners.
You Mormon claim in so ridiculous, I do not know where to start.

First off--- God who appeared to Moses, according to Mormon construct, Moses could not have known Him really because He really was Christ , your other God? Or maybe Your Christ kept that information from Him--"come to me and really be saved and forget about all this animal sacrifice, because I am really the Christ-God".

that must be on the lips of Mormons if they stop and think, instead of accepting such nonsense.

Why would we even need an OT if the Mormon ridiculous claim is true? Mormons are saying "Those poor ignorant Jews"

It boggles my mind to think of all the false implications of what you are claim but not proving in any way, shape or form.

You aren't even in the Bible with rationale for this claim, much less OT/NT 101. You are believing in something else entirely and it sure is NOT the Bible.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you rewrite the 2nd sentence so I understand how you are trying to insult me again.

You seemed to get the point by your very answer. And if you think it is an insult---maybe stop trying to tell the whole world who Christ really was in the OT. All the Jews, every Christian that ever lived. etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

This is a wonderful descriptions of how Jesus existed right after the resurrection. He had a body of flesh and bone. We know it was a special body with special qualities because he was able to come through the walls and still show them that his body was of flesh and bone, not just a spirit.

Also when Jesus was done teaching his apostles and ascended into heaven, there was an angel there that declared: "this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

Our take from this scripture is that Jesus is going to heaven in a body of flesh and bone and spirit and will return his second time in the same body of flesh and bone and spirit so to testify that he is the Christ and show the people the wounds in his hands and feet that they will know that it is he who was crucified and it is he that is the Savior of the whole world.

So from the bible we "can know" certain things with a confirmation of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a wonderful descriptions of how Jesus existed right after the resurrection. He had a body of flesh and bone. We know it was a special body with special qualities because he was able to come through the walls and still show them that his body was of flesh and bone, not just a spirit.

Also when Jesus was done teaching his apostles and ascended into heaven, there was an angel there that declared: "this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

Our take from this scripture is that Jesus is going to heaven in a body of flesh and bone and spirit and will return his second time in the same body of flesh and bone and spirit so to testify that he is the Christ and show the people the wounds in his hands and feet that they will know that it is he who was crucified and it is he that is the Savior of the whole world.

So from the bible we "can know" certain things with a confirmation of the Holy Spirit.

With the True Holy Sprit, "My take" is obviously not yours.

And why would we need to see the wounds in His Hands and His Feet? Gods' word is the proof we Need.

Are you suggesting a route like Thomas? That if we do not see those wound we cannot truly know?

Upvote 0