Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If there is no Mormon Church--why are you responding to something that is directed toward the Mormon Church?
Better question, why call it the Mormon church when there is no Mormon church? When I signed up to be here I signed up as a Mormon as there was no other choice. I am actually a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints which was nick named Mormons many years ago by Non-members because of the Book of Mormon. We know that Jesus Christ atoned for sins with His blood.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Better question, why call it the Mormon church when there is no Mormon church? When I signed up to be here I signed up as a Mormon as there was no other choice. I am actually a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints which was nick named Mormons many years ago by Non-members because of the Book of Mormon. We know that Jesus Christ atoned for sins with His blood.

Yes, yes I read it all before. Why respond as I certainly am a Non-Member?

Do you think I should afford you special respect because you are really are a Member of a Church of JC of LDS? As, there are over 100 Mormon break-always that you forget about.

It is too long to try to write it out anyway.

See that is why you are claiming exclusiveness--You claim you are a Member of THE church and it carries out in you own testimonies.

I will stay with "the Mormons".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was God of OT and the NT. So is God the Father.

Isaiah 48:17
Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
Yes you are correct, there are 2 of Them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not "the" God---- just God, btw.
I am sure you have read the bible and you certainly would have read these words:

"The God" of Israel
"The God" of Heaven
"The God" of Abraham, and "the God" of Issac, and "the God" of Jacob
"The God" and "Father" of our Lord Jesus Christ (5 times in the NT)

So if I say "the God" of the OT, you need not correct me. Right?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yes I read it all before. Why respond as I certainly am a Non-Member?

Do you think I should afford you special respect because you are really are a Member of a Church of JC of LDS? It is too long to try to write it out anyway.

See that is why you are claiming exclusiveness--You claim you are a Member of THE church and it carries out in you own testimonies.

I will stay with "the Mormons".
JC is certainly not a respectful way to abbreviate Jesus Christ, right?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sure you have read the bible and you certainly would have read these words:

"The God" of Israel
"The God" of Heaven
"The God" of Abraham, and "the God" of Issac, and "the God" of Jacob
"The God" and "Father" of our Lord Jesus Christ (5 times in the NT)

So if I say "the God" of the OT, you need not correct me. Right?

Oh, were you writing new Sculpture for us when you said this?

Jesus was the God of the OT and was the author of the Law of Moses. ---Peter1000

The sheer arrogance of Mormons and of course you added: "you need not correct me--Right?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seem
I will continue to respond to your remarks in the hope that it may help you to understand why I believe as I do. I also like to respond to the questions that are asked here, and the statements that are made.
I thought, according to you, that I was supposedly making my remarks to members of a non-existent church. And, by this response, you admit it does exist, so how do you square that?

Just like your two Gods--now you see one, now you do not. Jesus is Lord or another God in Mormonism, depending on what verse someone throws at you.
Here is a verse and I want to see your answer for how God calls Himself the ONE God, and Lord our God.
Deuteronomy 6:4
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

Care to tackle this one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Seem

I thought, according to you, that I was supposedly making my remarks to members of a non-existent church. And, by this response, you admit it does exist, so how do you square that?

Just like your two Gods--now you see one, now you do not. Jesus is Lord or another God in Mormonism, depending on what verse someone throws at you.
Here is a verse and I want to see your answer for how God calls Himself the ONE God, and Lord our God.
Deuteronomy 6:4
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

Care to tackle this one?
Jesus is the God and Savior of Israel:

(Old Testament | Exodus 6:6 - 8)

6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 45:21)

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Jesus covenanted with Israel to be their God and Savior.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is the God and Savior of Israel:

(Old Testament | Exodus 6:6 - 8)

6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Let's take you Isaiah verse

Did Jesus which you are claim as your separate God of the OT, forget about His supposed God the [literal]Father, when he said there is no God else beside me?

Were millions of Jewish followers of God in OT times just as confused as you Mormons?

Train wrecks all around in your theology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Let's take you Isaiah verse

Did not Jesus which you are claim as your separate God of the OT, forget about His supposed God the [literal]Father, when he said there is no God else beside me.

Were millions of Jewish followers of God in OT times just as confused as you Mormons?

Train wrecks all around in your theology.
Jesus is the only Savior and you don't understand how He is the covenanted God of Israel.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you truly think such a display of disrespect will win anyone over?
Seem like you Mormons often do what I do and shorten it to CoJCoLDS. Heck, it is even in the dictionary

COJCOLDS
Acronym Definition
COJCOLDS Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

then, we are told of false christs.

do I have to give all these christs unwarranted respect?

Mark 13:22
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

So with your false christ, you are disrespecting the True Christ by capitalizing His name.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is the only Savior and you don't understand how He is the covenanted God of Israel.

There you go again --speaking for me.
It is NOT a matter of understanding --it IS a matter of Believing in the True Christ.

You DO NOT get to tell me what I do or do not understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There you go again --speaking for me.
It is NOT a matter of understanding --it IS a matter of Believing in the True Christ.

You DO NOT get to tell me what I do or do not understand.
(New Testament | Matthew 13:13 - 14)

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Is your God somehow only a covenanted God? A covenant is a directive. Basically an agreement.

The you have to Worship Him according to some covenant worked out [evidently between your God and JS], instead of simply choosing to Worships Him?

And once again you say I do not understand as if you can speak for me in what I believe.

I elect to stay here because of all the nonsense that I hear from Mormons like you who's deceptions' run very deep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Is your God somehow only a covenanted God? A covenant is a directive. Basically an agreement.

The you have to Worship Him according to some covenant worked out [evidently between your God and JS], instead of simply choosing to Worships Him?

And once again you say I do not understand as if you can speak for me in what I believe.

I elect to stay here because of all the nonsense that I hear from Mormons like you who's deceptions' run very deep.
Correct a covenant is an agreement and that agreement was between Jehovah (Jesus) and Israel.

(Old Testament | Exodus 6:5 - 9)

5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
9 ¶ And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ was not even mentioned in the OT as Jehovah.

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ was not even mentioned in the OT as Jehovah.

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation
Salvation is through Jesus Christ the Savior:

(New Testament | Acts 4:10 - 12)

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jehovah was the name that Christ used prior to His birth:

(Old Testament | Exodus 6:3)

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Upvote 0