✟1,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
PaladinDoodler said:
And I thought the case where a woman sued McDonalds cause she spilt the coffee and it burnt her was dumb! :doh:
I am so sick of people grouping the McDonalds coffee thing in with frivoulous lawsuits. Coffee tastes fresh longer at high temperatures. In order to cut costs McDonalds heated there coffee to dangerously high temperatures instead of throwing out old coffee and brewing up a fresh batch. It was McDonald's policy to never serve coffee at a temperature lower then 180 degrees. At that temperature it will cause 3rd degree burns in two to seven seconds. The woman who sued had third degree burns over sixteen percent of her body, and she only filed suit because when she asked McDonald's to pay for her medical bills they only offered her $800.

Coffee is hot everyone knows that, that was never the issue. The issue was about whether or not McDonald's was negligent in serving coffee at scalding temperatures.

Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Arranged marriages have a phenomenal success rate. What I can't figure out is, even if she was so hideously ugly that he couldn't bear to marry her, what exactly is he suing for? It would make a minute amount of sense if he married her, turned up her veil and found she was not what he thought she was. But if he just met her, and she was ugly and so he turned around and went home...he's just suing her for existing. Maybe the basis of his case is that her parents should have drowned her at birth?

Upvote 0