• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Brexit will cost the UK up to 30 times more than it will gain back from striking a Trump trade deal

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Cimorene, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,089
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Man...there are a LOT of claims on this website and very, very little secondary sources to back almost any of them.

I would LOVE to be able to believe anecdotal evidence, but I never do. Folks, I'd appreciate, once you talk past your own experience, to see data that support your claim.

I mean, take from that what you will but....

2. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,301
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    I voted remain, and hate the idea of leaving with the Tories dictating the terms. Say hello to little to no regulation, cuts to employee protections and a chainsaw taken to what remains of the welfare state.

3. Goonie

+8,301
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Hey we live on the age of Donald, evidence is for other people, didnt you get the memo!

4. Genersis

Genersis Person of Disinterest

+735
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    UK-Labour
    Sorry. First time posting on this site for years.
    I guess I feel more like ranting and venting than putting forward an argument.:p

5. Goonie

+8,301
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    I mean Tweet!

6. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Returning adventurer.

+2,129
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    The idea they shut down the government for months is a fairy tale. It was party conference season and parliament is usually shut down at that time every year. Johnson just added a few days to it.
    The country voted to leave, but Parliament was filled with treacherous Remainers who wanted to reverse that decision and was doing its best to stop Brexit altogether.

It was parliament which was stopping a deal being made.

7. Francis Drake

+2,129
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    EU shackles are only there because we are still in the transition period till the end of the year when it ends.
    You are spouting silly nonsense without paying attention to facts. You don't need trade deals to export. One of our biggest trade partners is the USA and we have no mutual trade deal there.

Any goods exported to any country anywhere in the world will always have to comply with the recipient country's regulations.
    That's why cars exported from the USA or France to the UK have to have the steering wheel on the right. This is true whether there is a trade agreement or not.
    Likewise British cars exported to Canada, USA, France, Sweden etc, need steering wheels on the left etc. Again nothing to do with trade deals.

The issue with the EU is the demand that the UK internally binds herself to EU regulations. This is shear arrogance on their part and is meant solely to make it easy for EU companies to sell over here. Plus to make it more difficult for UK companies to ditch stupid regulations that are designed to help French or German companies at the expense of Britain.

That is never going to happen. Not only has Johnson repeatedly rejected such nonsense, but we have a hard line negotiator, David Frost who again has made it clear that it will never happen.

The EU are in cuckoo land at the moment. They cannot see that the majority of Brits would walk away tomorrow given half a chance.

8. Francis Drake

+2,129
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    Oh wow, wonderful ideas Goonie:clap:

9. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,124
    Canada