• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Brexit will cost the UK up to 30 times more than it will gain back from striking a Trump trade deal

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Cimorene, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,633
    Ireland
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    The UK is finally free. Celebrate. Living in constant irrational fear will get you down...

2. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,490
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Amazing isn't he?
    And like the one where Obama said we would keep our doctor and our plan period, and save $2500 a year. And he and Biden's prediction of a "Recovery Summer" which was almost as big a success as the "Summer of George"

3. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+25,245
    Agnostic
    Single
    I don't know... is he?

Some of us learned a valuable lesson about trusting the government... Others are clearly slow on the uptake.

4. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Returning adventurer.

+2,131
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    That's a total lie, but then you've been pushing your anti British message for the last few years.
    The majority of UK businesses do no trade either way with the EU.

As a manufacturer who I imported goods from various EU nations (and the USA) and also manufactured in the UK, I can vouch for the resentment against EU interference that UK businesses feel.

5. Francis Drake

+2,131
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    The idea that a no deal Brexit will tank the economy is just as laughable as the claim that the economy would collapse the day after a vote to leave the EU.

I suggest you give up trying to frighten people, given that the majority of Brits want a no deal Brexit. They are sick and tired of being lied to by the EU and Remainers like you.

6. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+8,319
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    The fact that a no deal brexit is likely to be extremely damaging to the British and EU economies is a fact.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Goonie

+8,319
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0XZZ1RhnRBp1avazkOO8OF&cshid=1583247180497

A large majority of business supported remaining in the EU.

The idea that Britain will be economically better outside the EU is absurd rabid nationalistic fantasy.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  8. Francis Drake

+2,131
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    Utter drivel. It will damage the EU economy, but who cares given that the EU has robbed and damaged the British economy for decades.

9. Francis Drake

+2,131
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    Fantasy has always been the watchword of Remainer propaganda, so why expect anything different from you lot!

Global corporations banksters etc. all wanted to stay in the EU. That's hardly surprising given that they are in league with the EU legislators and have repeatedly used that to kill of competition via new rules designed to suit themselves.

Gov't figures show that around 5% of British businesses export to the EU, so why should the EU have such a stranglehold on the rest of our manufacturers.

10. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+11,967
    United States
    Married
    I knew the globalist bankers were behind all this. Perhaps the Greater British Reich will be able to do something about their Globalist Banker problem.

11. Francis Drake

+2,131
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    The international bankers and global corporations are causing exactly the same issues in the US.

12. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+11,967
    United States
    Married
    I know.

They have also had control of most of our government for years.

13. Cimorene

Cimorene Self-banned Supporter

+5,906
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Lol. You really packed a lot of vehement vitriol into one post for a Christian forum. I wasn't giving any advice; I was simply posting an article where economists calmly discuss the ramifications of Brexit and give evidence-based explanations. Feel free to send an email to them raging if it will make you feel better.

I'm an American living in Canada but my dad's side is British & my uncle is a professor at LSE. Pierre Trudeau died before I was born.

14. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,275
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
  15. Francis Drake

+2,131
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    This is plain disinformation and lies from people who for decades have been creaming the money in from being in the EU.

Membership of the EU, and indeed the whole drive of globalism, is aimed at one thing alone, and that's making "a select few ppl at the tippy tippy top of society a bunch of money!"

If that was not true why did so many international corporations and global banks finance the campaign for the UK to remain in the EU, instead of bankrolling the drive to get us out?

16. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,294
    Christian
    Private
    ummm who was it that shut down the goverment for months so that they couldn't get anything through on making a deal or dealing with the decision?

17. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,294
    Christian
    Private
    except all those shackles still remain, you just have no say in them any more. Your still going to have to obey all those EU regulations you guys hated if you ever want tio trade with them or do anything with the EU.

18. Genersis

Genersis Person of Disinterest

+735
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    UK-Labour
    It's not a surprise, but the UK has a chronic problem with only seeing politics through £.
    The media and parties. Our government kills a lot of people because they(or their donors) save or make money doing(or often not doing) anything.

The only reason the issue split the establishment so much(and Tories especially), is because it was in disagreement on which outcomes would fill their pockets most.
    Avoiding some taxes and regulations, or access to worlds largest trade block.

Regardless, here we are.
    I'm okay with leaving, but it looks like we have the worst people in power to deliver a decent exit.

19. Goonie

+8,319
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Indeed I work with people who have voted labour their whole life and wholeheartedly voted leave and supported no deal under the Tories:doh:

20. Genersis

Genersis Person of Disinterest

+735
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    UK-Labour
    You talking about my family?

I voted Remain, but I don't mind the idea of leaving, especially if the EU continues to slide right to stave off the right.(because that works so well...)

I don't even think the media will grill the Tories much if things do go down the drain.

As long as they look patriotic, good with money, and to be doing something about immigrants, they'll be golden in elections. Can't imagine the media doing otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.