Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have no right to judge a person's standing before God. We cannot say who is and who is not a Christian. However, if a person demonstrates over a long period of time behaviour that is consistent with being a Christian, then I think our confidence in his commitment to God is justified.

Therefore I was very much impressed by Kavanaugh's statement at the hearing:

But I swear today, under oath, before the Senate and the nation; before my family and God — I am innocent of this charge.
When on a personal level, as well as a parent, Christian commitment is obvious, as it is in Brett Kavanaugh's life, these words mean something. When he swears on all that he holds sacred that he is innocent, he would be a woefully deceitful and blasphemous man if he was lying.

Of course, this argument would not be persuasive for non believers, but we who are Christians hold our faith as the most important aspect of our lives, so that we understand what it means to make a declaration such as Kavanaugh made before the world and before his God. Who among us would jeopardize our souls by making a false statement of such a nature?

Sources:

Gregg Jarrett: At Kavanaugh hearing, Democrats' outrageous conduct victimizes him, Ford and all Americans

Trump court pick denies sex assault claim

Last edited by a moderator:

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn’t like the way he avoided answering direct questions about his judicial stances . It looked like he was trying to do an end run around the issues . Then this came up . As a woman I mistrusted his ideas before . Now seeing the way trump attacked her and the way Kavanaugh attacked democrats , I mistrust his judicial impartiality even more.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn’t like the way he avoided answering direct questions about his judicial stances . It looked like he was trying to do an end run around the issues . Then this came up . As a woman I mistrusted his ideas before . Now seeing the way trump attacked her and the way Kavanaugh attacked democrats , I mistrust his judicial impartiality even more.
Kavanaugh's judicial record & professional integrity are widely respected. His comments about the way politics has impacted the nomination process are entirely accurate. His life has been a reflection of his faith & his Christian conscience. People will not like many of his views but as a man he was held in high esteem until these uncorroborated accusations from when he was a school boy.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have no right to judge a person's standing before God. We cannot say who is and who is not a Christian. However, if a person demonstrates over a long period of time behaviour that is consistent with being a Christian, then I think our confidence in his commitment to God is justified.

But I swear today, under oath, before the Senate and the nation; before my family and God — I am innocent of this charge.
When on a personal level, as well as a parent, Christian commitment is obvious, as it is in Brett Kavanaugh's life, these words mean something. When he swears on all that he holds sacred that he is innocent, he would be a woefully deceitful and blasphemous man if he was lying.

Of course, this argument would not be persuasive for non believers, but we who are Christians hold our faith as the most important aspect of our lives, so that we understand what it means to make a declaration such as Kavanaugh made before the world and before his God. Who among us would jeopardize our souls by making a false statement of such a nature?
...so you've sat down with the Judge on several occasions over many years and know him well enough to be able to support the OP? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...so you've sat down with the Judge on several occasions over many years and know him well enough to be able to support the OP? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:
I never met St Paul either.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It is true that he is taking a form of oath that is very compelling.

We need the psychotherapist that introduced this "memory" to Ford to take the same oath. That would be interesting. Would be nice to know if that therapist could stand up to the same scalding and scrutinizing review of their entire life going back to high school. (Level the playing field)

Take a look at this if you think that implanting false memories for a court of law - never can happen... never does happen --> Today at 8:07 PM #1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is true that he is taking a form of oath that is very compelling.

We need the psychotherapist that introduced this "memory" to Ford to take the same oath. That would be interesting. Would be nice to know if that therapist could stand up to the same scalding and scrutinizing review of their entire life going back to high school. (Level the playing field)
A member of my family went to a psychotherapist with a weight problem and came away thinking her obesity could have been the result of being sexually abused as a small child by her father. This false notion was conclusively disproved but the damage lingered.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn’t like the way he avoided answering direct questions about his judicial stances

Did you like it when all the other judges did the same thing?

If a judge reveals a pre-bias toward a certain scenario then the next step is to "recuse himself" as soon as that scenario shows up since he has already admitted to bias.

We all knew that ... right?

If you take a political or moral stance - and a judge is assigned to your case who has already said 10 years before that he would rule against you if your specific scenario came up .. would you want that judge as a "fair impartial judge" of your case?

Please be serious. At some point - take off the political lenses.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A member of my family went to a psychotherapist with a weight problem and came away thinking her obesity could have been the result of being sexually abused as a small child by her father. This false notion was conclusively disproved but the damage lingered.

thanks for pointing that out... I am going to add your post to this thread if you don't mind..it is another example of the scenario I am trying to describe there.

Today at 8:07 PM #1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what some of Kavanaugh's critics would make of how Jesus Jesus answered before his accusers and Paul before Festus & Agrippa. Many questions are designed to trap a person into making a statement that can be used against him. Do you remember this one: "Do you wish Dr Ford had not come forward?"

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what some of Kavanaugh's critics would make of how Jesus Jesus answered before his accusers and Paul before Festus & Agrippa. Many questions are designed to trap a person into making a statement that can be used against him. Do you remember this one: "Do you wish Dr Ford had not come forward?"
So true. It is unbelievable that so many are blind to what the Democrats are trying to do.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Please... Jesus didn't warn us about wolves in sheeps clothing for nothing. Let's not be so superficial to fall for pious pretentions or tribalistic identity markers. After all, plenty of Catholic priests were outwardly pious as well, but that didn't stop them from engaging in serious sexual offenses.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please... Jesus didn't warn us about wolves in sheeps clothing for nothing. Let's not be so superficial to fall for pious pretentions or tribalistic identity markers.

Pious pretentions by a Christian husband and father who by all accounts has led an exemplary life as an adult? The reality is that if this was a double standard, your side of the aisle would be bringing for contemporaneous accusations of wrongdoing. A saying about a pot and kettle come to mind in this matter as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn’t like the way he avoided answering direct questions about his judicial stances.

That's how all supreme court nominees answer such questions now. Go back and watch previous confirmation hearings if you doubt me.

The Ginsburg Rule

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please... Jesus didn't warn us about wolves in sheeps clothing for nothing. Let's not be so superficial to fall for pious pretentions or tribalistic identity markers. After all, plenty of Catholic priests were outwardly pious as well, but that didn't stop them from engaging in serious sexual offenses.
Many liberal as well as conservative professionals & acquaintances have vouched for Brett Kavanaugh's character over a very long period. You & I could only wish for such broad and extensive support.
And we are talking about a very specific oath made by Kavanaugh which if false would indicate a person of very deceptive conduct - conduct completely contrary to his whole way of life as testimonials from all sides of the political spectrum have shown.
Jesus said "the tree is known by its fruit" (Matthew 12:33)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Pious pretentions by a Christian husband and father who by all accounts has led an exemplary life as an adult?

It wouldn't be the first time in history something like this has happened.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟26,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It wouldn't be the first time in history something like this has happened.

And the actual evidence you present to indicate that this is what is happening in this case is...?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
And the actual evidence you present to indicate that this is what is happening in this case is...?

I'll wait on the FBI investigation. However, I don't find Dr. Ford to be anything but credible.

Upvote 0