Brett Kavanaugh forced to flee restaurant via back door to avoid pro-abortion harassment

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The news comes just weeks after Kavanaugh was the subject of a foiled assassination attempt.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) — U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was reportedly forcedto escape out the back door of a restaurant Wednesday night following harassment from pro-abortion protesters.

The news comes just weeks after Kavanaugh was the subject of an attempted assassination.

Politico’s Friday morning “Playbook” reported that Kavanaugh, who sided with the Court’s majority in ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade late last month, had been eating dinner at Morton’s steakhouse in downtown D.C. Wednesday evening.

After pro-abortion protesters “got a tip” that Kavanaugh was eating at Morton’s, they “soon showed up out front, called the manager to tell him to kick Kavanaugh out and later tweeted that the justice was forced to exit through the rear of the restaurant,” Politico reported.

“We hear Kavanaugh snuck out the back with his security detail,” far-left group Shut Down D.C. said in a tweet, arguing that Morton’s “should be ashamed for welcoming a man who so clearly hates women.”

Continued below.
Brett Kavanaugh forced to flee restaurant via back door to avoid pro-abortion harassment - LifeSite

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

350015_0f282d4b538245f7d5ab333c90dad940.jpeg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The news comes just weeks after Kavanaugh was the subject of a foiled assassination attempt.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) — U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was reportedly forcedto escape out the back door of a restaurant Wednesday night following harassment from pro-abortion protesters.

The news comes just weeks after Kavanaugh was the subject of an attempted assassination.

Politico’s Friday morning “Playbook” reported that Kavanaugh, who sided with the Court’s majority in ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade late last month, had been eating dinner at Morton’s steakhouse in downtown D.C. Wednesday evening.

After pro-abortion protesters “got a tip” that Kavanaugh was eating at Morton’s, they “soon showed up out front, called the manager to tell him to kick Kavanaugh out and later tweeted that the justice was forced to exit through the rear of the restaurant,” Politico reported.

“We hear Kavanaugh snuck out the back with his security detail,” far-left group Shut Down D.C. said in a tweet, arguing that Morton’s “should be ashamed for welcoming a man who so clearly hates women.”

Continued below.
Brett Kavanaugh forced to flee restaurant via back door to avoid pro-abortion harassment - LifeSite
We have become a banana republic where it is normal to target and intimidate the judiciary. America is kaput.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have become a banana republic where it is normal to target and intimidate the judiciary. America is kaput.

I think you are confusing the first amendment right to assemble and redress your grievances to government officials with targeting and intimidation.

Calling first amendment protected activity "targetting and intimidation" because your feelings got hurt (as was the case here) isn't gonna fly in a constitutionally limited, democratic republic.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you are confusing the first amendment right to assemble and redress your grievances to government officials with targeting and intimidation.

Calling first amendment protected activity "targetting and intimidation" because your feelings got hurt (as was the case here) isn't gonna fly in a constitutionally limited, democratic republic.
There is a difference between your right to protest and you threatening the life of an individual you are protesting, especially with previous terrorist activities against him and other SCOTUS members, including an assassination attempt. You try to do this to the President or Vice-President, you would be either sent packing or arrested on the spot.

I truly do not understand why these men and women haven't received secret service details yet. Is it going to take a successful assassination before this happens?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a difference between your right to protest and you threatening the life of an individual you are protesting

100% correct.

Please let us know which of the protesters at this event threatened His life.

I truly do not understand why these men and women haven't received secret service details yet.

Maybe the secret service has more information than you or I do about the actual threat (or lack thereof) these protesters posed?

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know that if this was pro-life groups harrassing the leftist judges they would have already been classified by the DOJ as domestic terrorists.

Lets pray that this nation can get back to a sense of balance, where laws are applied to everyone no matter if you have a D or R or I by your name.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know that if this was pro-life groups harrassing the leftist judges they would have already been classified by the DOJ as domestic terrorists.
Yeah, what happened at this restaurant was not harassment though.

Lets pray that this nation can get back to a sense of balance, where laws are applied to everyone no matter if you have a D or R or I by your name.
I join you in that prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
100% correct.

Please let us know which of the protesters at this event threatened His life.
It isn't just threatening of one's life that citizens should be protected from. It should also be from blatant harassment as well. There is a place to protest, and harassing someone when they are having a quiet dinner at a restaurant is not one of them.

Let us put the shoe on the other foot shall we. What if you are setting at dinner with your family and a group of neo-nazi's walk in and know you are a Catholic and decides to harass you at dinner, calling you all kind of obscene names, saying they hope you die and other things. Is that covered under the 1st amendment?

Maybe the secret service has more information than you or I do about the actual threat (or lack thereof) these protesters posed?
The secret service has to be assigned first, which the Democrats refuse to allocate funds to do.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In all honesty, these protestors have to be idiots, because they sure are wasting a lot of valuable time on something they no matter how much they protest it ain't changing nothing on the verdict. They need to head to their state's government seats and start protesting there. That is were the battles will be.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

So, threats, including death threats, and intimidation are first amendment protected constitutional activity now? I stand corrected. Can I issue a terroristic threat against my neighbor and get away with it now? The last guy I know of who did that spent some quality prison time. But now, it's cool? What eventually did happen to the guy who brought his gun to Kavanaugh's house and said he wanted to kill him?

I don't mind a little non-violent protest. I've done it myself. But when a judge has to worry about the safety of his or her family depending on how he or she rules, we have become a banana republic and the rule of constitutional law is over, replaced by the rule of the mob. You know the rhetoric has included death threats. And you know that rhetorical death threats can lead to actual assassinations. When they shoot Kavanaugh will you concede that we have become a banana republic? I'm just saying we're already there with the death threats. We have become a nation of terrorists.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, threats, including death threats, and intimidation are first amendment protected constitutional activity now?

Of course not.
Please tell us which of those protesters at that restaurant engaged in death threats and intimidation?

I don't mind a little non-violent protest. I've done it myself.

Great. So you obviously know the difference and can demonstrate how anyone at this event crossed that line with facts.
Please do.

Tell me, did anyone feel intimidated when you engaged in such protests? If somebody chose to FEEL intimidated by you protesting, does that mean you were guilty of intimidation?

As I understand it, Kavanaugh was told there were protesters outside the restaurant, whom he did not see or hear, and he left becuase he got mad when he was told they were out there. Which is not surprising to me at all. I watched his confirmation Hearings... he has a VERY short fuse. Anger management is not his strong suit.

We need to ask ourselves, are we a nation that is in the business of enforcing LAWS, or enforcing the hurt FEELINGS of our public servants?

But when a judge has to worry about the safety of his or her family depending on how he or she rules, we have become a banana republic and the rule of constitutional law is over, replaced by the rule of the mob.

Again, anyone who engaged in such unlawful activity should be prosecuted.
Gives us the names of those at this protest who did such so we may assist in their apprehension.

You know the rhetoric has included death threats.

I've seen no evidence that anyone at this protest did such.
Have you? please link us to it if so.

And you know that rhetorical death threats can lead to actual assassinations. When they shoot Kavanaugh will you concede that we have become a banana republic? I'm just saying we're already there with the death threats. We have become a nation of terrorists.

Will you concede we became a Bananna Republic when Lincoln was assinated? Or when Kennedy was assasinated? Or when Regan was shot in an assasination attempt?

Indeed, On August 14, 1889, David S. Terry attempted to assassinate United States Associate Supreme Court Justice Stephen J. Field at a train station and was shot and killed by US Marshalls who thwarted the attempt.
If that truly is the bar which makes us a "bananna reupblic nation of terrorists", then we already crossed that line over 150 years ago, and you are 150 years late to the party.

I know he has received death threats. I know poll workers, congressional representatives, secretaries of state and even the former sitting Vice President have received them as well for refusing to lie about and overturn certified election results.

That death threats once happened to a specific government official does not give the state the authority to prohibit protesting against that government official. If it does, then yes, our constitutional law is over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I know he has received death threats.
And threats and intimidation of a judge is, or at least it was, illegal in these United States. That's what I'm talking about. You can set up a peaceful protest any time you want. But threatening Supreme Court justices (in the plural, or any other judge for that matter) with bodily harm (which you are not denying has happened) is a hallmark of the classic banana republic. We have tottered on the brink of being such a place before. This time I think we have gone over the edge. YMMV.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0