SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Breonna Taylor: Hunger strike begins amid US racism protests
Protesters in Kentucky are on hunger strike demanding justice for Breonna Taylor, a black woman killed by police in her home in March.

The strike comes as thousands of US workers walk off the job on Monday to protest racism, inequality and police brutality.

The Strike for Black Lives builds the country-wide protests over the death of a black man, George Floyd, in May.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please make a post that actually speaks to the news story without being vague.
Just read the article. I did. I can quote it if you’d like, but I’m sure the readers can come to the same conclusion.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just read the article. I did. I can quote it if you’d like, but I’m sure the readers can come to the same conclusion.

I read it and I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I read it and I have no idea what you're talking about.
“In Manhattan, workers are protesting outside Trump Tower, calling for Republicans to approve the Heroes Act, a second economic stimulus bill that has already been approved by the Democratic-led House of Representatives.

In Missouri, protesters gathered at a McDonald's restaurant, then marched to a memorial for Michael Brown, a black teenager who was killed by police in Ferguson, Missouri, in 2014.

In Los Angeles, workers led a "car caravan" to the University of Southern California to "demand the nation's second-largest school district and the university drop their use of the [Los Angeles Police Department] on campuses", according to a press release.“

None of that has to do with Taylor.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
“In Manhattan, workers are protesting outside Trump Tower, calling for Republicans to approve the Heroes Act, a second economic stimulus bill that has already been approved by the Democratic-led House of Representatives.

In Missouri, protesters gathered at a McDonald's restaurant, then marched to a memorial for Michael Brown, a black teenager who was killed by police in Ferguson, Missouri, in 2014.

In Los Angeles, workers led a "car caravan" to the University of Southern California to "demand the nation's second-largest school district and the university drop their use of the [Los Angeles Police Department] on campuses", according to a press release.“

Lots of people are protesting. The people in Kentucky are protesting about Taylor. Other people are protesting about other things related to "black lives". Where's the dishonesty?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Lots of people are protesting. The people in Kentucky are protesting about Taylor. Other people are protesting about other things related to "black lives". Where's the dishonesty?
If you don’t see it then nothing I say will matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Again, you are being vague. Please stay in line with the topic.
I posted the pertinent part of the article. I don’t see how that can be considered vague.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Taylor hunger strike is pretty well explained. Other protests related to racial justice issues are also described. Not seeing the problem.
Okay.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

The passages you’re quoting are buried farther in the article under the prominent heading “Who else is striking?”

I find it dishonest that you don’t mention this, and then call the article itself “dishonest”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you don’t see it then nothing I say will matter.

I posted the pertinent part of the article. I don’t see how that can be considered vague.

It's vague because you haven't articulated the substance of your complaint and what you're seeing isn't apparent to the rest of us.

Upvote 0