✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tabanida.jpg

There is no animal or insect I despise more than Bremsen (German horseflies). These devils are as small as a housefly, but unlike the housefly these bloodsucking imps will chase you a hundred yards to get their fix. They are attracted to sweat, so walks in their territory on warm days will invite being jumped. The bite, which is painful, isn't the worst part of the attack, it's the swelling and merciless itching. The swelling could be as big as a golf ball and the itching could last for days. I have had the unfortunate experience of being violated by these filthy creatures and do everything short of buying a flamethrower to keep them off my property.

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
We have them here in the United States too. They're persistent and love to nibble on flesh. I think the best thing you can do, if you have an adverse reaction to them, is to spend more time getting bitten, to build up an immunity. I don't think I'd have that kind of patience though. After the first bite, I'm waving frantically to keep them away. :laughing:

Dad used to take us to a lake during the summers. It was an airport for horse flies. You had to stay under the water to keep them from landing on you.

I don't know about Germany, but the horse flies here are huge.

Reactions: Dreams65
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not sure if it is the same kind of fly (buffalo fly), but there is one in Mississippi. That is about the same size as a house fly, but if you are out in a field (never encountered them in town) they are relentless in their biting of you.

aoLBKlJe5bA_dxK8_gup8qZOFSqg3efSNvRz8bv8L4zwLaG0v7QucluCJxSIZvXyFF1EC-BMr9QUnpAjq2Zwphz3CmAkj5RQFHYX-jy_z3J2iyAA8J3kMbEbjkkzbVJ_JCADP9XrI0Sl

Reactions: Dreams65
Upvote 0