Abyss
✟8,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it possible that Adam and Eve was simply an enlightened metaphor? If you look out into the space that surrounds earth it is desolate, cold, and dead. Yet, there is a blue pearl covered in life that gives us all the sustenance we need. If we give into the serpent temptations then we will be kick out of the kingdom of heaven. Many believe Adam and Eve lived in an actual garden that we no longer have access to (but theorize it's in Africa.) Do you think that's the truth of it or was it a clever way of teaching a lesson?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible that Adam and Eve was simply an enlightened metaphor? If you look out into the space that surrounds earth it is desolate, cold, and dead. Yet, there is a blue pearl covered in life that gives us all the sustenance we need. If we give into the serpent temptations then we will be kick out of the kingdom of heaven. Many believe Adam and Eve lived in an actual garden that we no longer have access to (but theorize it's in Africa.) Do you think that's the truth of it or was it a clever way of teaching a lesson?

God is Spirit. So what God says happened is always on the spiritual level
and in some way also a material level. Since man was evicted from the
Garden Paradise, there is no way to know what it was materially. We are
not there. But the journey man took was a Spiritual one. So your question
is valid.

• Agree
Reactions: Eisen Sphere
Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

well i have not spoken to a literal serpent as of yet ...

Upvote 0

Eisen Sphere

Feb 3, 2018
Abyss
✟8,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well i have not spoken to a literal serpent as of yet ...
Anyone who takes pleasure wanting to see the world corrupt and die out seems very serpent like to me. No personal opinion from me I just like reading the comments of the forum

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who takes pleasure wanting to see the world corrupt and die out seems very serpent like to me. No personal opinion from me I just like reading the comments of the forum

knowledge is both good and evil and a necessary serpent in the garden of GOD to raise up a Son to see as He sees ...

to the left and to the right of a cross hangs a thief

Upvote 0

Eisen Sphere

Feb 3, 2018
Abyss
✟8,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
knowledge is both good and evil and a necessary serpent in the garden of GOD to raise up a Son to see as He sees ...

to the left and to the right of a cross hangs a thief
The necessity of evil. Uncomfortable thought

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Perhaps there actually were an Adam and Eve, and maybe their existence was meant to be symbolic of all people.

• Agree
Upvote 0

lee11

Nov 10, 2017
melbourne
✟34,951.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi

If Adam and Eve were only a metaphor.

God wouldn't need to warn anyone.

There can be no act of disobedience.

There would be no need for salvation .

In fact we couldn't be here.

Peace

Upvote 0