Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In Genesis 1 we have God creating the world out of nothing by his spoken word which means all creation including living and breathing animals. However when we get to the creation of man in Genesis 2; God firsts molds man out of the earth and then breaths into his nostrils the breath of life.

My question is regarding this. Does God imbue into man his Holy Spirit from creation? Furthermore was mans body formed first and then he was given a soul or was he formed whole? In Genesis 6:3, we have God stating that his Spirit will not abide in man forever. We know our bodies are the Temple. When Adam sinned he lost not only his physical presence but also strong spiritual connection to God. How do you see it?

http://www.oodegr.com/english/ag_grafi/pd/genesis/emfysima1.htm

Last edited:

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In Genesis 1 we have God creating the world out of nothing by his spoken word which means all creation including living and breathing animals. However when we get to the creation of man in Genesis 2; God firsts molds man out of the earth and then breaths into his nostrils the breath of life.

My question is regarding this. Does God imbue into man his Holy Spirit from creation? Furthermore was mans body formed first and then he was given a soul or was he formed whole? In Genesis 6:3, we have God stating that his Spirit will not abide in man forever. We know our bodies are the Temple. When Adam sinned he lost not only his physical presence but also strong spiritual connection to God. It would seem that from creation man might have the Spirit and essence of the Creator imbued into himself and from birth. How do you see it?
No, God did not imbue into man His Holy SPIRIT from creation.
Yes, man's body was formed first.
Genesis 6:3 does not say God's Spirit will abide in man.
We (mankind) do not know our bodies are the Temple (most men it is not so).
No, it would not seem (from any Scripture) that man might have the Spirit NOR the essence of the Creator imbued into himself and from birth,
nor even most mankind at all , ever.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, God did not imbue into man His Holy SPIRIT from creation.
Yes, man's body was formed first.
Genesis 6:3 does not say God's Spirit will abide in man.
We (mankind) do not know our bodies are the Temple (most men it is not so).
No, it would not seem (from any Scripture) that man might have the Spirit NOR the essence of the Creator imbued into himself and from birth,
nor even most mankind at all , ever.

Your right I worded it wrongly. I should have stated that was Adam created he was spiritually alive. Did Adam have a spiritual connection to God that we have as Christians through the Holy Spirit? Also I was using the English Standard Version translation for Genesis 6:3 so it does use the term abide. ill be sure to check all translations before posting again.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your right I worded it wrongly. I should have stated that was Adam created he was spiritually alive. Did Adam have a spiritual connection to God that we have as Christians through the Holy Spirit?
No.
On a tangent though, not addressed, Adam and Chavah (Eve) had much better fellowship/relationship with Yahweh/ Yahshua than most people on earth since then or today.
And at that link(in the op), it was so far in error I could not read much of it. (we are told to take care what we listen to, and not to listen to everything, by far). No, I won't look at it even long enough to discuss why it's wrong, nor any other part of that page. It is beyond salvaging.

Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No.
On a tangent though, not addressed, Adam and Chavah (Eve) had much better fellowship/relationship with Yahweh/ Yahshua than most people on earth since then or today.
And at that link(in the op), it was so far in error I could not read much of it. (we are told to take care what we listen to, and not to listen to everything, by far). No, I won't look at it even long enough to discuss why it's wrong, nor any other part of that page. It is beyond salvaging.

Yes this is why I find this forum so helpful. My point was in studying Genesis I have trouble differentiating the terminologies used. I wanted to clarify something Ive had on my mind so Googling usually results in top pages and this was one of them that only brought on more questions. It does not imply that I agree with any of it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes this is why I find this forum so helpful. My point was in studying Genesis I have trouble differentiating the terminologies used. I wanted to clarify something Ive had on my mind so Googling usually results in top pages and this was one of them that only brought on more questions. It does not imply that I agree with any of it.
You might find that this forum is not actually very helpful to most people.

Do you mean though, in this post, that that link in the op was just one you found in the internet search, and hoped to clarify whether it was right or wrong by asking here on this forum ?

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your right I worded it wrongly. I should have stated that was Adam created he was spiritually alive. Did Adam have a spiritual connection to God that we have as Christians through the Holy Spirit? Also I was using the English Standard Version translation for Genesis 6:3 so it does use the term abide. ill be sure to check all translations before posting again.
I would rather say that yes, our relationship with God is restored through Jesus' salvific work, it atones for our sin and restores the spirit of grace through love, because we are no longer the old man, but we are being renewed. Just as it is written "there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ, who live according to the spirit and not the flesh". Whereas what we find is that the flesh is at enmity with the spirit, so the one who has become enslaved by sin has yielded to give his desires mastery over him (consider Genesis 4:7).

It is interesting to note what it is to have holy spirit: that is to be motivated of love without any sinful desire. That is the fundamental human nature, when a person is acting of their pure goodness, and that is what is meant when God says "let us make man in our image" - God is love, he who stays in love stays in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16).

When I first came to realise this, it was through learning about the Seven Deadly Sins. At that time, the Wikipedia page had the following words: "According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, a mortal, or deadly sin, is believed to destroy the life of grace and charity within a person". It was those words that really hit home for me, and I realised that humans have a natural state of being gracious and charitable, except when sin causes them to act differently - they become less human in a way, they lose their instrinsic life of grace and charity. So we see people who are motivated by the flesh, they are acting from envy or pride or wrath, greed etc, and that takes away their ability to show the grace and charity - they begin manifesting the fruits of the flesh instead of the fruits of the spirit.

Whereas if a person is truly sanctified in Christ, they don't have the worries of the world to choke out their fruitfulness (as in the parable of the sower). They are totally without selfish ambition as they serve others, to speak wholesome words of truth, to build-up the body of Christ in love (1 Corinthians 8:1, Ephesians 4:15-16).

Whereas we do see a type of so-called Christian who actually has pride, envy, wrath etc, they are short-tempered and cruel to others, condescending and self-centred, hypocritical etc. Those ones are actually not sanctified, they are hating, and St. John notes that the one who hates his brother is a murderer and that no murderer has eternal life in him.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You might find that this forum is not actually very helpful to most people.

Do you mean though, in this post, that that link in the op was just one you found in the internet search, and hoped to clarify whether it was right or wrong by asking here on this forum ?

Maybe I posted in the wrong place. Yes I posted this link to check the veracity of what was being presented. I take everything with two grains of salt.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 1:33, 'twas Jesus Christ who baptizes in the Holy Spirit. Jesus directs the Holy Spirit to the Church.

John 1:3-9 might imply that the Word begets life, such that the Word is the "breath of life"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well, Adam initially lived in obedience to God, as the few Prophets afterwards lived in obedience to God subsequent to the fall. And the Prophets so walked in the ways of God by the power of the Holy Spirit. The fall may have been due to "grieving the Holy Spirit" (Ephesians 4:30).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well stated Erik
If really actually true, then falling away from Christ and the Church, by grieving the HS so as to lose the same, is akin to "falling out of Eden all over again", turning ourselves out of the Church unto the power of the Satan dragon serpent nachash (1 Corinthians 5:5) a second time!

"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me..."

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If really actually true, then falling away from Christ and the Church, by grieving the HS so as to lose the same, is akin to "falling out of Eden all over again", turning ourselves out of the Church unto the power of the Satan dragon serpent nachash (1 Corinthians 5:5) a second time!

That's some pretty heavy doctrine you are proposing.. it's going along the lines of Hebrews 6:4-8, which although being a stark warning and not to be taken lightly, in order to be possible it would require something of an inferior faith to that which the disciples have taught (2 Timothy 1:12, John 17:12, 1 John 5:18).

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

My question is regarding this. Does God imbue into man his Holy Spirit from creation? Furthermore was mans body formed first and then he was given a soul or was he formed whole? In Genesis 6:3, we have God stating that his Spirit will not abide in man forever. We know our bodies are the Temple. When Adam sinned he lost not only his physical presence but also strong spiritual connection to God. How do you see it?

http://www.oodegr.com/english/ag_grafi/pd/genesis/emfysima1.htm
The Holy Spirit was given later (Acts 2:1-13). There have been some selective instances of the Spirit coming on some individuals like King Saul (1Samuel 10:10), and King David (1Samuel 16:13). But, the mass outpouring of the Spirit as prophesied by Joel (Joel 2:28) happened only after Christ's resurrection and on the day of Pentecost. We receive Him in repentance and baptism. Hope that helps. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Indeed God will not be mocked.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0