Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
giddybiscuit said:
I hope you didn't think I was trying to say that a situation like that would not be one in which formula feeding would be legitimate. I think the quote was referring to women who won't breastfeed just because they don't feel like it (at least that's how I meant it). Formula, in some cases (as it sounds like yours was), can be a gift from above!
Yeah, something about that bugs me too... I mean a woman choosing to not even try .... :sorry: .... but oh well!

Upvote 0

YouthPastor

Name = Brett
Feb 11, 2003
Visit site
✟8,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sara elizabeth said:
I tend to be a very modest person, but I've breastfed around all of my children. My oldest two are boys, 9 and 7. It really hasn't been an issue with us. For the first few weeks I tried to keep covered when they were around, but after awhile they got so used to it that now, they don't even seem to notice. I really think that if you are matter of fact about it, the children view it as just part of life also.
At Christmas time my cousins dd, about 3, was in the room when I was bf the baby. She wanted to play with her, and when I said that she needed to wait because the baby was eating, she gave me the funniest look and wanted to know what the baby was eating because she couldn't see any bottle. ^_^ I just told her that the baby gets milk from me. That seemed to completely answer her question.

I agree with this. Our society has tuned many things that should not be ok into things that are - and then things that should be ok into things that are not.

I agree - do not make a big deal out of it or rather do not make a big deal out of not letting them know what you are doing or seing it.
breastfeeding is a natural thing and I don;t think that it should be so taboo (well inpublic you should cover up etc).

Upvote 0