✟15,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello all!

Yesterday I made the decision to end my one year relationship with my boyfriend. I knew before that he was a non-believer. I stayed and continued this because I loved him, but he did not love all of who I am, he did not love God as I do not the God who lives in me. He told me that he respected my religion as well as other religions. I did not force him to become a Christian, as this is the wrong thing to do as a Christian. Many times I tried to leave the relationship because I knew this would eventually not work out. Each time I left a goodbye, he would leave me such a sweet message and I would come right back and change my mind. I did not have the strength to leave. He asked me not to speak of religion again or say I would leave because that would be the final time. Fast forward two months (Christmas day), I asked my boyfriend if he would be open to coming to church with me, and he said he would. He was on vacation in Italy and visited several churches there, and he told me he would never convert to Christianity nor did he want anyone to force him. The fact he said he would NEVER convert was the straw that ended the relationship for me. I ended that relationship and he was angry with me. I knew this was the right thing to do according to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and God’s Word. He told me I was the nicest girl he ever met, and since then he has blocked me from all communication and wants nothing to do with me. I feel so bad that I am so hated, but I know this was the right thing to do. I honestly feel like a horrible person right now for causing someone who loved me hate. Did I make the right decision? I can’t help but feel so bad and upset right now. Thank you for your words and support during this time.

Morgan W.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all!

Yesterday I made the decision to end my one year relationship with my boyfriend. I knew before that he was a non-believer. I stayed and continued this because I loved him, but he did not love all of who I am, he did not love God as I do not the God who lives in me. He told me that he respected my religion as well as other religions. I did not force him to become a Christian, as this is the wrong thing to do as a Christian. Many times I tried to leave the relationship because I knew this would eventually not work out. Each time I left a goodbye, he would leave me such a sweet message and I would come right back and change my mind. I did not have the strength to leave. He asked me not to speak of religion again or say I would leave because that would be the final time. Fast forward two months (Christmas day), I asked my boyfriend if he would be open to coming to church with me, and he said he would. He was on vacation in Italy and visited several churches there, and he told me he would never convert to Christianity nor did he want anyone to force him. The fact he said he would NEVER convert was the straw that ended the relationship for me. I ended that relationship and he was angry with me. I knew this was the right thing to do according to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and God’s Word. He told me I was the nicest girl he ever met, and since then he has blocked me from all communication and wants nothing to do with me. I feel so bad that I am so hated, but I know this was the right thing to do. I honestly feel like a horrible person right now for causing someone who loved me hate. Did I make the right decision? I can’t help but feel so bad and upset right now. Thank you for your words and support during this time.

Morgan W.

If it was the right relationship for you,
you would still continue it. Being upset is normal.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I got dumped by a girl once a long time ago. I stopped all communication with her, not because I hated her but because it hurt too much to see and talk to her after she rejected me. I suggest your conclusion that he hates you is likely wrong.

I cannot say if you made the right decision. But, I'm of the opinion that if you can never come to tolerate the fact that he believes differently than you, you probably did him a favor. I have seen mixed-religion marriages work, but only when both parties are willing to respect and tolerate the beliefs and practices of the other.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello all!

Yesterday I made the decision to end my one year relationship with my boyfriend. I knew before that he was a non-believer. I stayed and continued this because I loved him, but he did not love all of who I am, he did not love God as I do not the God who lives in me.

Did I make the right decision? I can’t help but feel so bad and upset right now. Thank you for your words and support during this time.
That was a hard thing to do. As hard as it was, who you marry matters for your whole life and the life of your children. You should marry a Christian, one who is intentional about his faith. Even then, be careful to choose carefully. It would be normal to feel bad and upset about dumping your boyfriend. Nonetheless I think you did the right thing, even though painful.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all!

Morgan W.
I am sorry you are suffering. I will pray that Jesus guides you and heals you.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Jess Lee

Jan 6, 2018
N/A
✟9,836.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello all!

Morgan W.

Hi, I am sorry to heard you are going through hard time.
As a woman who seek after God, I don’t think you did the wrong choice. I could even say, you made the right choice. You acted in faith. I encourage you to keep seeking God.
Be led by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0