Breaking: Federal judge orders halt to HHS Mandate enforcement in Denver case...

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,589,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BREAKING: Feds Halt HHS Mandate Enforcement on Small Business Owner

The Newland Family employ about 250 people in their small business, and they try to live out their consciences as Catholics, which means they offer a health insurance plan, that does not include coverage of sterilization or contraception. And the Obama administration’s Department of Justice did not like that.

Now, they have a “stay” of sorts, on the ruinous (and I believe unconstitutional) “contraception mandate” ordered by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius as part of Obamacare.
DENVER — A federal court issued an order Friday that halts enforcement of the Obama administration’s abortion pill mandate against a Colorado family-owned business while an Alliance Defending Freedom lawsuit challenging the mandate continues in court. The mandate forces employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception under threat of heavy penalties.

Continued-
Breaking: Federal judge orders halt to HHS Mandate enforcement in Denver case...

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I heard an interesting commentary today. The newscasters talked about how Obama has now come out strongly in support of gay marriage, gun control (thank God!), and contraceptive coverage.

The reason why? The three groups who oppose those proposals won't vote for him no matter what. He tries to meet them halfway? They hate him. 3/4's?
They hate him. 90%? They hate him.

In the mean time, his supporters think he caves too much to the social (and, in the case of gun owners, anti-social) conservatives...

None of these groups has ever given him any incentive at all to deal....Indeed, if he acquiesced completely to their wishes, they'd find something else to complain about...

I would love to see him end the contraceptive mandate on October 31st, and see hundreds of bishops sputtering the stuttering and madly hunting for some other reason to tell people not to vote for him....

Because, as Archbishop Chaput so eloquently said, democracy has problems and government is too big.....

Thanks for putting your REAL concerns on the table, Archbishop Chaput.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you like the Bishops? Why don't you approve of known Catholic teaching against abortion, drugs that cause abortion, contraceptives and sterilizations, or the teaching that marriage is unique for a reason? And what have you got against the Catholic social principle of subsidiarity?

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,916.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why don't you like the Bishops?

There are bishops I like and bishops I dislike, just as there are people I like and people I dislike. The people I dislike are rigid, intolerant, confrontational and self-righteous; the bishops I dislike are rigid, intolerant, confrontational and self-righteous. I like Bishop Thomas Gumbleton. I like Cardinal O'Malley. In general, I support Cardinals Wuerl and Dolan. I have heard good things about Archbishop Sartain. Why don't you approve of known Catholic teaching against abortion, drugs that cause abortion, contraceptives and sterilizations, or the teaching that marriage is unique for a reason? I've never said I'm not against any of those things; I just prioritize them differently. Of course I used birth control when I was younger, but in NY, no one took the prohibition seriously, and the ones who did all eventually had sterilization surgeries. And what have you got against the Catholic social principle of subsidiarity?
I believe that subsidiarity works well in small, homogeneous cultures, and poorly in overpopulated, secular global economies. And, after all, subsidiarity is to be used when it is effective--and therefore it doesn't apply to most of the situations the buck-passers would like to apply it to.

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
The three groups who oppose those proposals won't vote for him no matter what.
And rightly so.
He tries to meet them halfway?
LOL. I'd hate to see him divide a piece of pie, be lucky to get a bite of crust.
They hate him. 3/4's?
They hate him. 90%? They hate him.
They hate his policies, his incompetence, arrogance, and inability to know what the country really needs.

I would love to see him end the contraceptive mandate on October 31st, and see hundreds of bishops sputtering the stuttering and madly hunting for some other reason to tell people not to vote for him...
I'd like to see that also, but no bishop I know would be sputtering. There are still a multitude of policies that need to change.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I would love to see him end the contraceptive mandate on October 31st, and see hundreds of bishops sputtering the stuttering and madly hunting for some other reason to tell people not to vote for him....

The Bishops would still have that whole...supports the legal murder of defenseless human life thing. That does come before other issues anyway.

Upvote 0