Breakfast of Champions

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.”

THOMAS MERTON

“O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days……………Let your work appear to Your servants and Your majesty to their children. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; and confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes confirm the work of our hands.” PSALM 90:14, 16, 17 NASB

I like what Charles Ryrie has to say about these three verses in his Study Bible, share this with me. “When God deals with us in lovingkindness, life will be joyous, it will be viewed from His perspective, and His blessings will be on our work.” Charles Ryrie uses the word when, I do not think that he meant it as if there are times that God does not act with lovingkindness. God is love and therefore love must be involved in every act or presence of God. It is only through my attitude that I will give situations in my life a tint of the absence of God. God presence is always near to all of us. Only when I nourish my pride, my self-pity, or my selfishness do I find that I experience loneliness far from the loving hand of God. Of course the distance can be found only in my attitudes, not in the presence of my loving God. The ninetieth psalm is a prayer of Moses, and I know that Moses, as he led millions of people through very trying times, understood about getting the day started off in the right direction. “Satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.” I have discovered that when my feet hit the floor in the morning I have the choice whether to look in or look up. If I look up I will not go too far in the day without realizing that mercy and grace are there if I only receive them. They abound for those who know God, but we must first reach out spiritually and receive them. Grace and mercy are attributes of God’s lovingkindness. They are ever-present. I would consider God’s lovingkindness to be the true breakfast of champions. Why not start the days with all we need to overcome any obstacles that may come our way? The Breakfast of Champions. This morning God has done for me what I could not do for myself…………………JRE

“When we in our turn sought the same escape with all the desperation of drowning men. What seemed at first a flimsy reed, has proved to be the loving and powerful hand of God. A new life has been given us or, if you prefer, “a design for living” that really works.”

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, page 28

“Above all give me grace to use these beauties of earth without me and this eager stirring of life within me as a means whereby my soul may rise from creature to Creator, and from nature to nature’s God.”

JOHN BAILLIE