Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Man in 'Camp Auschwitz' sweatshirt during Capitol riot arrested, law enforcement official says

--

Story#2
An Iowa man who subscribes to the right-wing conspiracy theory █████ was among the first people to break into the Capitol during last week’s pro-Trump riot, chasing and menacing a Black police officer, federal agents said Tuesday.

A grand jury indicted him on six counts, including charges of obstructing law enforcement during a civil disorder, resisting Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman, violently entering and remaining in a restricted building, and disorderly conduct.

--
Story #3
Top U.S. military leaders condemn Capitol riot in joint message to troops

Amid worry about renewed violence on Inauguration Day, the military’s top leaders issued a written reminder to all service members Tuesday that the deadly insurrection at the Capitol last week was an anti-democratic, criminal act, and that the right to free speech gives no one the right to commit violence.

A memo signed by all members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff also reminded military members that Joe Biden was duly elected as the next president and will be sworn in to office on Jan. 20.

From the memo:

On January 20, 2021, in accordance with the Constitution, confirmed by the states and the courts, and certified by Congress, President-elect Biden will be inaugurated and will become our 46th Commander in Chief.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
From a DOJ press conference:

More than 170 subject files have been opened
Officials have opened more than 170 subject files -- meaning individuals identified as persons who potentially committed crimes -- on rioters from the Capitol.

DOJ has charged 'over 70 cases'

The agency is looking at 'sedition and conspiracy charges'
This includes "significant felony cases tied to sedition and conspiracy," he said. Those charges would carry prison terms of up to 20 years.

There was 'open-handed combat' with police officers
Sherwin said Tuesday the Justice Department has put an emphasis on looking into rioters who engaged in "open-handed combat" with police officers during the breach.

The FBI is considering putting some rioters on the 'no-fly list'

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟440,704.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jordan Klepper takes you there.
How many people did he actually talk to that didn't show up in his video? He showed the same dishonest video spliced together that was used by NBC. We don't know all the facts yet as the NYT came out with some more information about a group of people that was forming on the east side of the capitol that wasn't at President Trumps speech. There is video of a police officer waving the crowd towards the capitol. Does anyone have information as to why he was ordering them to go there? There was a pipe bomb placed at the RNC and DNC. No one has been caught yet for that. It's best to wait for all the facts come out before judging.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 ESV
Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One reaction will be that the FBI will be free to track down and diminish the greatest threat in the US: domestic terrorism (white supremacists and its militias). The FBI chief testified of the threat before Congress. The FBI was doing well in this struggle in the lated 1990's. Unfortunately, 911 moved the focus away and toward almost nonexistent foreign terrorism.

Perhaps, legislation will be necessary. If so, it will be passed.

And yes, there will more moves toward giving more tools to law enforcement, including the registration of guns, and a national data base.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many people did he actually talk to that didn't show up in his video? He showed the same dishonest video spliced together that was used by NBC. We don't know all the facts yet as the NYT came out with some more information about a group of people that was forming on the east side of the capitol that wasn't at President Trumps speech. There is video of a police officer waving the crowd towards the capitol. Does anyone have information as to why he was ordering them to go there? There was a pipe bomb placed at the RNC and DNC. No one has been caught yet for that. It's best to wait for all the facts come out before judging.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 ESV
Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
Of course it is edited. How do you know it is dishonest? Were you there also?

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,957.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think I sense desperation among the Trump supporters here. We have had fictitious 'out-takes' from Trump's rally outside the White House; now fictitious out-takes from the New York Times suggesting that NYT is cheating.

But these are nothing new. What began many years ago as spin has developed into the 'alternative facts' in which the far right of the Republican Party simply make up stuff and tout it as true. Now the Republican Party representatives who retain some integrity are distancing themselves from the lies, much too late in the day.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
updates

Auschwitz guy
: [His] Previous offenses included assault and battery, driving under the influence, drunk in public, driving under revocation, and probation violation, among others, Morgan said. Packer was last jailed in the county in 2012.

Packer faces charges of unlawful entry into the U.S. Capitol and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, according to an arrest warrant filed in Virginia federal court.

Next to Ashli guy: A rioter who was standing next to Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt when she was shot and killed by a Capitol police officer, was also arrested by the FBI Wednesday.

"A number of police and Secret Service were saying get down, get out of the way. She didn’t heed the call and as we kind of raced up to try to grab people and pull them back, they shot her in the neck, and she fell back on me," Baranyi said in the interview, according to the court documents.

updates2

MIDLAND, Texas (KOSA) - CBS7 has learned the FBI has arrested Midlanders Jenny Cudd and Eliel Rosa for rioting at the Capitol last Wednesday.

After the riot, Cudd posted about it on her Facebook page, bragging that “we” tore down the doors to Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office.

"I didn’t break any laws, I didn’t do anything unlawful, and I think that’s probably why the FBI and the law enforcement have not contacted me,” said Cudd in an interview with CBS7.

Several times, Cudd told CBS7 she was proud of what she did and that she’d do it again.

updates3

Philadelphia police have taken away a detective’s gun amid a probe into her attendance at the Washington rally where President Donald Trump incited his followers to storm the Capitol.

Detective Jennifer Gugger, 51, had already been reassigned from her position as a background checker for police recruits, after the department’s Internal Affairs division received social media posts showing that she had attended the rally.

This latest action comes after Gugger’s vitriolic, far-right rhetoric on social media was made public Monday

updates4

Alabama man in custody after Capitol riot violated bond by traveling to DC, investigators say

Watson was arrested in July 2 on charges that included trafficking in marijuana and LSD and drug Possession. He had been released on a $103,000 bond.

According to an article by the Alabama Political Reporter, Watson regularly posted conspiracies related to the election and COVID-19 on his Instagram account. He claimed to have a disability that exempted him from wearing a mask at an Auburn restaurant in one video, the report said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
story1
A tall man in that video can be seen wearing a US Olympic Team jacket as police attempt to clear the Rotunda. At least a dozen people within the sport have identified that individual to SwimSwam as the 6’6” Olympic gold medalist Klete Keller after reviewing the video and screenshots.

---
story2
Maryville woman who looks like “Elizabeth from Knoxville” says she’s her doppelgänger

WVLT News spoke with a woman who looked like “Elizabeth from Knoxville” and even called her by that name. However, the woman said she didn’t know anyone by that name, but agreed she looked like her “doppelgänger.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Alabama man in custody after Capitol riot violated bond by traveling to DC, investigators say

Watson was arrested in July 2 on charges that included trafficking in marijuana and LSD and drug Possession. He had been released on a $103,000 bond."
My mind is blown trying to imagine the Capitol rioters on acid. Any of them.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟440,704.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course it is edited. How do you know it is dishonest? Were you there also?
The ABC video in post #5. At 40 seconds it is cut and spliced. He said: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
You have to ask yourself, why would "honest" journalists do that?

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I find fascinating is the number of people who seemed to feel like there would be no repercussions for breaking into the Capital, congressional offices, taking items, fighting with police. Really, they seem to think it will all be OK, like running on to the football field after a college team wins a big game. Technically against the rules, but nah, nobody will get in trouble. Threaten Congress and the VP, nah, it's all just free speech. That so many bragged about it, posted to social media, spoke to live media. Really fascinating.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What I find fascinating is the number of people who seemed to feel like there would be no repercussions for breaking into the Capital, congressional offices, taking items, fighting with police. Really, they seem to think it will all be OK, like running on to the football field after a college team wins a big game. Technically against the rules, but nah, nobody will get in trouble. Threaten Congress and the VP, nah, it's all just free speech. That so many bragged about it, posted to social media, spoke to live media. Really fascinating.
Considerate of their really, does so much of the leg work for law enforcement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,957.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The ABC video in post #5. At 40 seconds it is cut and spliced. He said: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
You have to ask yourself, why would "honest" journalists do that?

This is the second time this claim has been made about Trump's speech. What is the source for these words that were not broadcast? Without a reliable source I am apt to think they were just made up afterwards.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like anything Trump would say.

• Agree
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I mean, the head of the executive branch asked for it. As Nixon said, when the president does it it isn't illegal.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This is the second time this claim has been made about Trump's speech. What is the source for these words that were not broadcast? Without a reliable source I am apt to think they were just made up afterwards.

You can see side by side video and transcript here.

This occurs around 15:25:

And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down -- Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the capital and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.
Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing And only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

(I think the stuff in blue is what was quoted in the news piece. It follows "We will never give up. We will never concede." from about the 2 minute mark.)

Almost an hour later, Trump finishes the speech with more about fighting like hell, and boldness, and taking back the country. Since the clip uses about 10 seconds of an hour long speech, of course it's going to miss a lot. Was it fair? I certainly think they could have easily made an even more violent cut from the end of the speech if that was their intent.

Final Words from Trump's speech on the Ellipse before the Capitol was breached

But I said something's wrong here, something is really wrong, can have happened. And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country, and I say this despite all that's happened, the best is yet to come.

So we're going to -- we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give -- the Democrats are hopeless, they never voted for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help.

We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God Bless America. Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reminds me of elementary school when the teacher left the room. Anything goes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.