✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Your support of a President who has promised to criminalise all opposition,

With Bolsonaro's stabbing we saw how well the current political system deals with opposition...

Reactions: Rubricnigel
Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's funny how the right want less government. And then forcing more government on the the people. Wouldn't it be better to let people live Godly lives. if they choose to. Instead of forcing people to hide in the closet. For things that are none of our business.

"The right" isn't a monolithic entity. "Small government" conservatives and fascist Nazi-esque conservatives are completely different breeds entirely.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
With Bolsonaro's stabbing we saw how well the current political system deals with opposition...
Yes with one criminal incident let's abandon democracy for genocidal dictatorship. Thank you for sharing.

Upvote 0

Rubricnigel

Oct 17, 2018
Midwest
✟19,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's funny how the right want less government. And then forcing more government on the the people. Wouldn't it be better to let people live Godly lives. if they choose to. Instead of forcing people to hide in the closet. For things that are none of our business.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt he will make natives dissapear etc. People like to exaggerate a lot.
He just promised to fight corruption and crime and people are very tired of all that.
Actually i'm glad he won, maybe he can do something for that country. Let's just hope is a good goverment, i don't 'get in bed' with anyone when it comes to politics if he does something wrong i will not defend him.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt he will make natives dissapear etc. People like to exaggerate a lot.
He just promised to fight corruption and crime and people are very tired of all that.

It's far more that just one criminal incident and those crimes, unlike the ones ascribed to Bolsonaro, actually happened.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's far more that just one criminal incident and those crimes, unlike the ones ascribed to Bolsonaro, actually happened.
Yes Bolsonaro is only a vocal and enthusiastic supporter of torture and mass murder, who is now in a position to carry out the crimes that he is on record enthusiastically supporting.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I should have been more specific. Let's try again...

You wouldn't have anything other than far left fear mongering articles to substantiate that claim, would you?
Read the article he is on video in Brazil’s Congress calling for reservations to be cleared for agribusiness. He is an enthusiastic supporter of mass murder and torture.
As he has said · “It's a shame that the Brazilian cavalry wasn't as efficient as the Americans, who exterminated their Indians,”.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the article he is on video in Brazil’s Congress calling for reservations to be cleared for agribusiness.
And how does that translate to your assertion that he wants to...
...make all amazon tribes vanish(read murdered), all with the support of evangelical Christianity.
?

After that, you can show evidence for the "all with the support of evangelical Christianity" part.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He showed up in an evangelical church, on hes knees, later or before saying that 'i'm not as capable as others, but God capacites who he chooses etc.etc.' I like that, i doubt he is going to mass murder people, my god where you get that info, just because he is from the right doesn't mean he is all the bad media and people tries to portait him he is.
Again if he does actually something wrong, i will not defend him even a bit.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He showed up in an evangelical church, on hes knees, later or before saying that 'i'm not as capable as others, but God capacites who he chooses etc.etc.' I like that, i doubt he is going to mass murder people, my god where you get that info, just because he is from the right doesn't mean he is all the bad media and people tries to portait him he is.
Again if he does actually something wrong, i will not defend him even a bit.

Just like with our President, it isn't even about anything he's done, its merely that he's said things that offended liberals and gotten away with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just like with our President, it isn't even about anything he's done, its merely that he's said things that offended liberals and gotten away with it.

I mean there are laws in Brazil too, the previous president is in jail because of corruption, money etc. And this one is going to get away with mass murder?, only if he converts Brazil in a military state or something, which is very unlikely.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So you don’t find someone praising torture, and mass murder offensive? Who has promised in Congress that when in power he will remove land from the indigenous people and hand guns to the ranchers to do it.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So you don’t find someone praising torture, and mass murder offensive? Who has promised in Congress that when in power he will remove land from the indigenous people and hand guns to the ranchers to do it.
I see that you are from the UK so your ignorance is understandable. When we grew up playing Cowboys and Indians the Cowboys were always the good guys:rolleyes: (The smiley was probably unnecessary, but one can't be too careful on a forum)

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,734.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I see that you are from the UK so your ignorance is understandable. When we grew up playing Cowboys and Indians the Cowboys were always the good guys:rolleyes: (The smiley was probably unnecessary, but one can't be too careful on a forum)
In the UK, the BBC has been very biased and superficial in its reporting of the election results, and always referring to Bolsonaro as 'far right'. Nothing about the PT candidate Haddad being an expert in Marxist theory, with a Communist running mate standing for the Vice President. There was a fear that if PT had won this election, Brazil would have gone in the same direction as Venezuela.

Brazil is suffering serious economic problems, problems with crime, and serious corruption, which PT has failed to deal with (or, in the case of corruption, became part of). It's difficult to see how keeping the same party in power would bring about a change. And PT wanting Lula (previous leader and President) to stand again, did not help them. Only at the last minute was Lula prevented from standing due to some legal technicality - he's in prison having been found guilty of corruption. (As President, Lula had helped millions of poor. But got caught up in the corruption.)

Perhaps Bolsonaro will be able to start sorting out some of these problems. The BBC interrupted his desire to see opposition politicians tried in court as an attack on democracy, not as an attack on the widespread and deep routed corruption.

But like all politics, there are no 'perfect' candidates (ones that completely agree with me!). Some of his views are disturbing, such as his support of the military dictatorship.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In the UK, the BBC has been very biased and superficial in its reporting of the election results, and always referring to Bolsonaro as 'far right'. Nothing about the PT candidate Haddad being an expert in Marxist theory, with a Communist running mate standing for the Vice President. There was a fear that if PT had won this election, Brazil would have gone in the same direction as Venezuela.

Brazil is suffering serious economic problems, problems with crime, and serious corruption, which PT has failed to deal with (or, in the case of corruption, became part of). It's difficult to see how keeping the same party in power would bring about a change. And PT wanting Lula (previous leader and President) to stand again, did not help them. Only at the last minute was Lula prevented from standing due to some legal technicality - he's in prison having been found guilty of corruption. (As President, Lula had helped millions of poor. But got caught up in the corruption.)

Perhaps Bolsonaro will be able to start sorting out some of these problems. The BBC interrupted his desire to see opposition politicians tried in court as an attack on democracy, not as an attack on the widespread and deep routed corruption.

But like all politics, there are no 'perfect' candidates (ones that completely agree with me!). Some of his views are disturbing, such as his support of the military dictatorship.
Or enthusiastic support of torture and mass murder. And let’s not forget his support for making ethnic minorities disappear. Yep the sides have polarised in Brazil to the far left and right but given what Bolsonaro has vocally supported unless you are a Nazi you should not support him.

A plague on both houses, left and right.

Upvote 0