Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fr. Martin is a winsome guide to all those who want to deepen their friendship with the Lord,’ Barron wrote.

October 31, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Bishop Robert Barron, an auxiliary bishop for Los Angeles and founder of the popular “Word on Fire” ministry, experienced a tsunami of criticism after praising pro-LGBT Fr. James Martin in an endorsement for the Jesuit’s new book about prayer.

“Delighted to share the final cover of ‘Learning to Pray: A Guide for Everyone,’ to be published in Feb by Harper One Books,” said Martin in a tweetwhich accompanies the galley proofs for the book’s cover.

“Thanks to Bishop Barron, Cardinal B Cupich … and others for their support,” he added.

Continued below.
Bp. Barron hit with massive backlash after praising pro-LGBT Fr. James Martin

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I remember watching Bishop Barren give an interview where he waffled on L-Q issues. If he's going public to encourage Catholics, then he need to stick to scriptural teachings.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm a big fan of Fr Barron. I wish people can understand that we can draw a line if the LGBT has invaded the church that marriage is now part of it. But having any form of political support shouldn't be seen as a negative. My political views on this is just do you. Don't shove it in my face, don't try to inject the ideology through saturating my entertainment mediums, and don't invade the church... if you go by your way, it's all your business.

The St Paul catholic church in NYC is has an lgbt group, and it's nice to see that there are churches who are trying to make an effort in bringing them as close to God as possible, despite what they are. While I do not fully believe that it is something people are born with, I understand that the best we can do is try to make them come close to God as much as possible, despite what their challenges are.

Some LGBT people much more descent people than the majority of christians who point fingers at them. Even if certain christians see them as sinning, these same christians are not sinless themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Never been a fan of Bishop Barron. He seems to me to be caught up in his celebrity.

Why don’t these Bishops and lay persons promote and strengthen groups such as Courage. The guys who meet with Courage are the real deal Christians who get up everyday and deny themselves and follow Christ.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why don’t these Bishops and lay persons promote and strengthen groups such as Courage. The guys who meet with Courage are the real deal Christians who get up everyday and deny themselves and follow Christ.

Never heard of this. Do you have a link/resource you can share?

Upvote 0