colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I missed the ban and unfortunately the folks from the Liberal Forum turned me on to Miller Chill which I have had every night for the last two weeks.

That being said, JPII opposed boycotts.
me waits for JPII quotes where he opposes boycotts

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess, had I ever stopped drinking Miller Chill, I could probably start drinking it again now. ;) But I didn't, so I guess I can just keep buying it every so often as per usual. ;)

My boycott of Miller and Miller Light continue, though, if not buying something because one does not want to drink it actually qualifies as a boycott. ;) If terms of typical American-style beers, National Bohemian tastes better than Miller and is cheaper.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I'm going to drink a crappy domestic mass produced almost-beer, it's gonna be a High Life.

From the first link:

This was done to provoke, taunt and insult Catholics. And who greeted everyone at the street fair? Men dressed as nuns. Had they been dressed like Al Jolson—with blackened faces—they would have been run out of town as racists.

So had they been mocking a race, we'd call them racists? Compelling journalism.

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I'm going to drink a crappy domestic mass produced almost-beer, it's gonna be a High Life.

From the first link:

So had they been mocking a race, we'd call them racists? Compelling journalism.
High life... really. That saddens me. But, I could be biased my dad works for Anheuser Busch.

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't have any. But I do recall from earlier research on boycotts that he never supported them.

Anyone recall an endorsement by the Pope on any boycotts ?
Honestly, you really shouldn't say, "This pope didn't support ....", unless you have the evidence to back it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way, not to derail the thread back onto it's original topic (Or would that be rerailing? ;) ), but I thought this might be interesting, for those who aren't aware:

Millers and Coors recently announced a merger. Presumably, all the beers they produce will continue to be produced, but they're going to a joint company that shares breweries and so on and so forth. Though Miller is known for associating itself with more liberal causes like immigrant-rights and this gay pride parade thing, Coors is known for associating itself with more conservative causes. Pete Coors, the CEO, ran for the Senate in Colorado as a Republican a few years back and lost a close race to Ken Salazar. So, it'll be interesting to see what this new joint company does "politically". Maybe they'll advertise at only moderate events. ;)

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whether or not Pope JPII supported boycotts is hardly the point. I doubt if he would support men being beaten with chains in broad daylight, men who touch in the street, and men who perform oral sex on each other in public, and sex toys in the form of Christian symbols with obscene and blasphemous names, all sponsored by Miller Beer.

I will never drink another Miller for as long as I live, even with the boycott called off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.