• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Bought Stained Items on Ebay What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Faith712, May 8, 2021.

1. Faith712

Faith712 Newbie

+133
    Methodist
    Single
    Good morning to everyone who reads this! :) I hope you are having a good day! :) God bless you!

Thank you to everyone who reads this. Thank you to everyone who responds.

I have a simple problem or problems.

I bought 2 separate items off Ebay, both were listed as brand new. They're caps, baseball caps.

I received the first cap and it has bad stains on the underside of the bill and the rim on the inside. The second cap smells bad like someone wore it but has zero stains.

Okay, on the first cap I managed to get the seller to refund me 65% of the purchase price. My HEART wants to keep it because it's such a beautiful and unique cap, I've yet to see another one of these. However, I'm worried. I do not like the stains, but I could live with them. I'm just confused. I think it could be principle. My dad would say send it back and get a full refund. I do not like the stains. They're brown dirt stains and then there's sweat stains on the inside of the cap on the rim. I would feel better if I knew HOW to get the stains out and make it look like a brand new cap. Then it would be worth 35% of the purchase price like I've paid so far.

On the second cap, it's clean. There are no stains, just a bad smell. I paid a lot less for the second cap and am in the process of trying to get the seller to partial refund me.

I LOVE both caps, but am unsure what to do. Principle says send them back. My HEART says why not keep them and try to get the stains out of the first cap and the smell out of the second cap? It's worth a gamble. With the partial refunds, each cap has cost me $10 because I told both sellers I'm only willing to pay $10 for flawed caps.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

Edit:
    I got both sellers to partial refund me so I only paid $10 for each cap.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,535
    Christian
    Married
    If you've already gotten the price discounted, keep them and see if you can make them work for you ...

3. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+40,333
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Send them to the dry cleaners and see what they can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,434
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Wash them with Oxyclean - the POWDER. Soak in a large bowl with a scoop of dissolved oxyclean powder for a good long time, and then scrub the stain until the stain is gone... it may take a good amount of time and effort but it works.

Then wash it in the machine with both the oxy and laundry soap, adding some liquid Downey to the rinse and it should get rid of any residual stain and odor.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Faith712

Faith712 Newbie

+133
    Methodist
    Single
    The first part is fine, but on the second paragraph you can not wash caps in the washer because it can mess up the bill.

6. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,434
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    It depends on what material is inside the bill... cheap caps use cardboard but generally the more expensive use washable material inside the bill...

The care instructions usually say.. but if you can't, then do it all by hand.

7. CMDRExorcist

CMDRExorcist Theology Explorer Supporter

+124
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    You can get these clamshell-like hat cages to put your hat in and run it through the washing machine. It'll keep the shape and protect the bill. I've used them for a few of my baseball caps and they work wonders.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. turkle

turkle Blessed

+486
    Christian
    Married
    You've already received a discount for the items. Keep them, clean them as best you can, and let the matter go.