Except a man be born again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him,
How can a man be born when he is old?
can he enter the second time into his mother's womb,
and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit,
he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth,
and thou hearest the sound thereof,
but canst not tell whence it cometh,
and whither it goeth:
so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

People read this and they say
"I am born again."

If this was never written they
would not know of it.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There was a man of the Pharisees,
named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night,
and said unto him, Rabbi,
we know that thou art a teacher come from God:
for no man can do these miracles that thou doest,
except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him,
How can a man be born when he is old?
can he enter the second time into his mother's womb,
and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit,
he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth,
and thou hearest the sound thereof,
but canst not tell whence it cometh,
and whither it goeth:
so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

"I am born again."

would not know of it.

Therefore, that is WHY it was written.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"I am born again."

would not know of it.
Really?
There seems to be ALOT of people (readers, members and posters) who , whether they read this or not
say they are not (and cannot be) born again until
after they die !
(besides the groups some are in, there are also apparently several in error but popular tv/media /thousands members congregations/ evangelists/ teachers/ teach they cannot have
the power of resurrection/salvation/ JESUS
until AFTER they die) (having the "form" of religion only, denying the power)....

Upvote 0

QuikSand

Oct 30, 2016
usa
✟4,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Really?
There seems to be ALOT of people (readers, members and posters) who , whether they read this or not
say they are not (and cannot be) born again until
after they die !
(besides the groups some are in, there are also apparently several in error but popular tv/media /thousands members congregations/ evangelists/ teachers/ teach they cannot have
the power of resurrection/salvation/ JESUS
until AFTER they die) (having the "form" of religion only, denying the power)....
The point being they
would not even say that unless they read it.
I thought I was plain and simple
in that to which I posted.

So even the least could understand.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The point being they
would not even say that unless they read it.
I thought I was plain and simple
in that to which I posted.

So even the least could understand.
Yes, true -
the least may understand if GOD grants it,
but the most do not understand.
Most deny it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being born again of the Spirit is a spiritual regeneration by the Holy Spirit whereby we receive a new heart with new desires. This new nature or new man (spiritually) is not an elimination of our free will, but it is a part of asking Jesus to forgive us, receiving Christ, and believing that He died and was risen again 3 days later on our behalf.

Being born of water is in reference to being born again by the Holy Scriptures (or the words of Jesus and His followers). Luke tells us that the seed in the Parable of the Sower is the Word of God. It is the gospel message that we receive into our hearts. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Water is related to the Holy Scriptures. Ephesians 5:26 says, "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word," Compare with 2 Timothy 3:16-17. We get our faith by believing the Bible. If we were to get a faith from some other holy book or from some other holy prophet, then it would not be the true faith from God's Holy Word (the Bible). In other words, you have to hear the message from the words of Scripture in some way that is true in order to be saved. The seed of the Word of God takes root in a person's heart and they can overcome the challenges of life (like riches, persecution, etc.) and be fruitful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QuikSand

Oct 30, 2016
usa
✟4,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Being born again of the Spirit is a spiritual regeneration by the Holy Spirit whereby we receive a new heart with new desires. This new nature or new man (spiritually) is not an elimination of our free will, but it is a part of asking Jesus to forgive us, receiving Christ, and believing that He died and was risen again 3 days later on our behalf.

Being born of water is in reference to being born again by the Holy Scriptures (or the words of Jesus and His followers). Luke tells us that the seed in the Parable of the Sower is the Word of God. It is the gospel message that we receive into our hearts. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Water is related to the Holy Scriptures. Ephesians 5:26 says, "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word," We get our faith by believing the Bible. If we were to get a faith from some other holy book or from some other holy prophet, then it would not be the true faith from God's Holy Word (the Bible). In other words, you have to hear the message from the words of Scripture in some way that is true in order to be saved. The seed of the Word of God takes root in a person's heart and they can overcome the challenges of life (like riches, persecution, etc.) and be fruitful.

Can you find any errors in this you have said to me?

Upvote 0

QuikSand

Oct 30, 2016
usa
✟4,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Aren't you ?

"We can only speak what we have both seen and heard..."

Acts 4:20
“For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.”

King James Version (KJV)
Then I take it you have never been born of water and of the Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the Old Testament teaches a form of being born again spiritually, as well. This is not a new teaching. Jesus appeared to be surprised that Nicodemus did not know about such a thing. For Jesus said, "Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? (John 3:10).

Quick Review:
Circumcision of the Heart in the Old Testament.

(Which is obviously a spiritual renewal of one's heart):

Deuteronomy 10:16

"Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."

Deuteronomy 30:6

"And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live."

Jeremiah 4:4

"Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings."

Ezekiel 44:9

"Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel."

Leviticus 26:41

"And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:."

Jeremiah 9:26

"Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart."

Having A New Heart in the Old Testament:

Ezekiel 11:19

"And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh"

Ezekiel 18:31

"Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

Ezekiel 36:26

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

Circumcision of the Heart in the New Testament:

Acts 7:51

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

Spiritual Circumcision in the New Testament:

Philippians 3:3

"For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh."

Romans 2:28-29

28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Colossians 2:11

"In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ"

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I remember later this week I will post a link to our pastor's sermon on that passage from this last weekend. (once it gets uploaded to the website)

"Are you born again?"

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is a clip of John chapter 3 taken from the Gospel of John which is verbatim from the GNT (Good New Translation):

I mention this because Jesus implies in his speech to Nicodemus that he should have known about being born again.

Upvote 0

QuikSand

Oct 30, 2016
usa
✟4,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here is a clip of John chapter 3 taken from the Gospel of John which is verbatim from the GNT (Good New Translation):

I mention this because Jesus implies in his speech to Nicodemus that he should have known about being born again.

No...actually Jesus was mocking him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.