• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Born Again

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by quietbloke, Mar 20, 2019.

1. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+50,223
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Born again! His new life is the best!

2. quietbloke

+50,223
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Born again! New fresh start!

3. joymercy

joymercy Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,483
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    "Lord give me your eyes, so that I can see what you see"

Seeing with eyes of mercy is so profound of a change for me

I was blind but now I see, thanks to the transforming power of resurrection power!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. quietbloke

+50,223
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    That is so good,'joymercy'

5. thesunisout

thesunisout growing in grace Supporter

+1,364
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    When I first gave my life to Christ, there weren't any fireworks. I felt about the same except I started to read the bible and started to clean up my life. I was getting a leading to sincerely follow Christ. One thing I felt a strong call to do was to get water baptized, although it didn't happen for around 6 months because of winter. It was when I was water baptized that something changed. It was like this..I went into the water one person and came out a different person. A person who was cleansed and lifted up, a new person, and filled with the Holy Spirit, who is always with me. This is the new life I have found in Christ and the Lord has worked mightily and done great things for me. I am forever grateful to Him. It doesn't happen that way for everyone but I feel like I was baptized in the Holy Spirit during my water baptism.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. rocknanchor

rocknanchor Continue Well 2 John 9 Supporter

+6,838
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Praise the Lord! To my knowledge, you won't find anyone here arguing that possibility, God chooses the time and place for each of us because He loves us and frankly knows what we need and when.

That fine group of elders from a AOG Church I used to attend about 900-miles to the west would pray for those who were baptized in water to also receive the Baptism in the Spirit. Some did with the evidence of speaking in tongues, but of them all, it is hard to say of course but I would hope all received the Baptism in the Spirit with or without that ability.

It goes back to what the Spirit of the living God chooses to equip us with. You yourself may not yet know what extent the Father has for you to develop into before that gift or gifts begin to manifest to that mighty degree. Same with me, or all of us, , the very mature in Christ can come to this same point where the Father chooses for us to shake things up for the kingdom of heaven, glory to His matchless Name!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. quietbloke

+50,223
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I remember a Swedish lady called Birgitta Edstrom singing,'Born again' in the 70:s,with great annointing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+29,655
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray for my Church to progress to the baptism of the Holy Spirit, there is so much teaching on conversion. All good stuff...

9. quietbloke

+50,223
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Repent (be born again) Be baptised (in water) Be filled with the Spirit (baptism in the Holy Spirit)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List