Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, quietbloke, for your questions. Unless one is born again, they cannot SEE the kingdom of God. Unless one is born of water & the Spirit, they cannot ENTER the kingdom of God.

The new birth is essential to becoming a Christian. When a person repents & believes the gospel, the good news concerning the incarnation of Christ & His death, burial & resurrection, & calls upon Him to be saved & forgiven of their sins, the Holy Spirit regenerates that person, making them spiritually alive, transferring them out of the kingdom of darkness & into God's marvelous kingdom of light.

Eph 2:1 'And you He made alive, when you were dead in your trespasses & sins...'

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 1:12,13 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jame 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.

I Pet 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

I John 2:29 If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

I John 3:9 Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God's seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Titus 3:4-6 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, Whom He poured upon us richly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour,

I am not sure I would describe being spiritually born again 'an experience' as I don't see Scripture saying that. God the Holy Spirit is the One who regenerates & renews us. God the Father judiciously gives us the right to become adopted sons & daughters, not on the basis of man's will or physical birth--based on faith in the Messiah. It isn't something I did. God did it.

But when I was born again, I 'knew' God not just about Him. I had fellowship with the living God because He made me alive! Hallel YAH! I remember saying when i was made alive, 'So this is You, God. You are right here. I now know You.'

As to experiencing 'new life' in Christ, yes, that I have been doing since 1971. I am continuing to learn how to be filled with the Holy Spirit moment by moment, walking & being led by Him, seeking to follow the Lord wherever He leads or whatever He would have me do.

Life has been exciting, even though filled with trials. Just traveling through though, like all the saints of God, looking for that eternal home with our Lord.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, quietbloke, for your questions. Unless one is born again, they cannot SEE the kingdom of God. Unless one is born of water & the Spirit, they cannot ENTER the kingdom of God.

The new birth is essential to becoming a Christian. When a person repents & believes the gospel, the good news concerning the incarnation of Christ & His death, burial & resurrection, & calls upon Him to be saved & forgiven of their sins, the Holy Spirit regenerates that person, making them spiritually alive, transferring them out of the kingdom of darkness & into God's marvelous kingdom of light.

Eph 2:1 'And you He made alive, when you were dead in your trespasses & sins...'

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 1:12,13 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jame 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.

I Pet 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

I John 2:29 If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

I John 3:9 Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God's seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Titus 3:4-6 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, Whom He poured upon us richly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour,

I am not sure I would describe being spiritually born again 'an experience' as I don't see Scripture saying that. God the Holy Spirit is the One who regenerates & renews us. God the Father judiciously gives us the right to become adopted sons & daughters, not on the basis of man's will or physical birth--based on faith in the Messiah. It isn't something I did. God did it.

But when I was born again, I 'knew' God not just about Him. I had fellowship with the living God because He made me alive! Hallel YAH! I remember saying when i was made alive, 'So this is You, God. You are right here. I now know You.'

As to experiencing 'new life' in Christ, yes, that I have been doing since 1971. I am continuing to learn how to be filled with the Holy Spirit moment by moment, walking & being led by Him, seeking to follow the Lord wherever He leads or whatever He would have me do.

Life has been exciting, even though filled with trials. Just traveling through though, like all the saints of God, looking for that eternal home with our Lord.
So good to hear from you,'Mathetes',about your experience of being born again and living a new life in Christ. It is certainly all of grace by faith in Jesus our Lord and Saviour!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes! So amazing, life changing!
I went to Church all my life, listened to countless Sermons (not Pentecostal) and no one ever said 'you must be born again' until a friend told me, sitting waiting for our children in Sunday School...I was 32 years old and had never missed a Sunday.
So I ended up with Pentecostals who showed me 'The Way'... What a wonderful life, Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
His new life affects every part of our lives. Our relationship with Him affects every other relationship in life. Home,family,work,colleagues, community,church,friends, neighbours and on and on!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
An old song says,'Born again,there's really been a change in me. Born again,just like Jesus said. Born again and all because of Calvary. I'm so glad that I've been born again''

Upvote 0